PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m having the same issue with my Lariat EB. I can’t seem to replicate it, but occasionally I get a double honk when getting out of the truck. It will happen regardless of whether the vehicle is on or off when the door opens.

I haven’t tried anything w the phone/CarPlay yet - could that be the issue?
I’m having this issue as well. It seems to happen when I open the door quickly after shutting the car off. I THINK it may be if I open the door while the parking brake is still being set (flashing on the dash). I’ll test my theory next time I remember.
Sponsored

Chrisjt0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat EB FX4 LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m having this issue as well. It seems to happen when I open the door quickly after shutting the car off. I THINK it may be if I open the door while the parking brake is still being set (flashing on the dash). I’ll test my theory next time I remember.
I’ll check it out as well

JG307

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On my Mustang it will double honk if it’s running and the key is in my pocket and I close the door. It can be disabled in Forscan.
Is it possible to do this via Forscan on the Mav?

Philcam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hopefully there is a way to disable the honking because my 23 XL does it too and I can’t figure out why. It’s just random.

Philcam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone had any luck figuring this out? My dealer has no clue.

KDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Has anyone had any luck figuring this out? My dealer has no clue.
2023 Hybrid XLT (key-start, not pushbutton): I've been playing with this as it happened to me 3x in the last 2wks. Seems like an occupant is inadvertently hitting the electronic lock button (not the manual one) as they're operating the door release handle. I can reproduce it 100% with any door and the key in the ignition (on/off doesn't matter). I was almost sure it double beeped on me a week ago without the key being in the ignition but I haven't been able to reproduce the symptom in that scenario. Will update if I figure it out.
Sponsored