Grim_Skunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 1st hybrid. My only complaint its super loud outside when running electric mode. I get weird looks from pedestrians, like something is wrong under the hood. But loud electric AC is normal for hybrids.
Sponsored

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No belt on the hybrid. Water pump and steering all electric.
Thanks! That's the way my Honda works. That also means that when you use the air, there should be no impact on mileage because the engine is not used to power it. I noticed this on my Honda hybrid. I also notice that, in the winter when it is colder, if you have the heater turned on, the engine will run longer to heat up to provide hot water for the heater. This makes the mileage go down.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! That's the way my Honda works. That also means that when you use the air, there should be no impact on mileage because the engine is not used to power it.
Even electrically driven the energy used to run the air conditioning came from the engine at one point and is energy that could have instead been used to drive the vehicle. So it does impact mileage.

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even electrically driven the energy used to run the air conditioning came from the engine at one point and is energy that could have instead been used to drive the vehicle. So it does impact mileage.
I won't argue with that but how much does it impact? I will say, with my Honda, it is not enough to notice and suspect that it is the same with the Hybrid Maverick.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am getting an EB someday. Not trying to start an EB vs. Hybrid war but it is so nice to see a hybrid thread with nothing but good things to say. Now I wonder if this winter there will be a thread on the heat system? I presume the removal of part of the automatic grill venting system for the fire recall will not reduce the time for the heating system to become fully effective???? :unsure: I do not think it will, but it gets a bit nippy in the north to include Canada.....

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hello-

My XLT Mav Hybrid always defaults to A/C on. No matter how many times I turn the button off, the A/C and the little yellow light is on at the next key cycle (next start). I don't want A/C on at 5 am and I also care about fuel milage. My Wife's Toyota has a toggle in one of the menus for this. I have not found it in the Maverick. Drives me nuts.

Can anyone help? Anyone else's do this? Did you change it? Help appreciated before I waste time at a dealer. Thank you.