Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to know this, especially with an Order currently stuck ‘In Production’, which may have this harness replacement component, the replacement side air bags AND the louvers removed and vent holes drilled.

[trying to find silver linings as this journey staggers to its conclusion…]
The recall items such as the engine fire recall with the drilling of holes and vent removal is not done on new production vehicles. It was only for a batch of production earlier this year which potentially had suspect engines that could blow up. The engine production issue was fixed, so no reason to do the changes on new production.

The harnesses have been addressed for new production which is why the TSB only applies to vehicles built before a certain date.
Sponsored

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder what this means for me who already ran into this issue with the vehicle dying on me and getting stranded. I had my local dealership fix my vehicle and I believe all they did was tighten the connection, stating it was loose. It's been working okay for the past few weeks but I did have the dreaded "deep sleep" message thing once already.

HC_Crusader83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What's the proper way to jump start a vehicle impacted by this issue without frying something?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The recall items such as the engine fire recall with the drilling of holes and vent removal is not done on new production vehicles. It was only for a batch of production earlier this year which potentially had suspect engines that could blow up. The engine production issue was fixed, so no reason to do the changes on new production.

The harnesses have been addressed for new production which is why the TSB only applies to vehicles built before a certain date.
No. It's not. Tell that to my Escape Hybrid built in August. It was built with the extra holes already and the AGS vanes never installed.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ated-w-safety-recall-notice-to-dealers.17459/

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The recall items such as the engine fire recall with the drilling of holes and vent removal is not done on new production vehicles.
Supposedly even new production vehicles have these modifications in place, they're just done in production. Which makes sense if, beyond the specific instances of some engines failing, Ford engineering considers it a design flaw in general that the engine compartment requires additional airflow/drainage in the event of a failure.

At least for now, hybrids are built with the modifications in place. That means that the AGS vanes are missing from the factory, and the new holes in the aero cover are made on the same equipment that made the original set of holes. Not drilled in later. My Escape Hybrid came that way, built last month.

Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you positive the factory did the modification or did the dealership?
1) It's hard not to tell the difference between a dealer tech taking a drill to make new holes (which tends to be really shoddy as seen in numerous posts on here) and the precision cut holes made by the factory equipment
2) It was built after the recall cutoff, thus not the subject of any recalls at this time thus why would the dealer do anything?
3) I inspected it not long after it was delivered to the dealer and the holes in the cover + AGS array were already there

200% sure it came that way from the factory.

Lucarl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT hybrid, Mazda CX-50, Jeep wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like Ford has isolated impacted manufacturing dates for the hybrid harness / no crank / no start) defect.

1664206842662-png.png

FB_IMG_1664200933439.jpg
Hopefully my dealer gets the message. My truck has been sitting back at the service department since last Wednesday. It's been there so many times, I've lost count. Until now they've been telling me they don't find anything wrong.

shocontinental

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully my dealer gets the message. My truck has been sitting back at the service department since last Wednesday. It's been there so many times, I've lost count. Until now they've been telling me they don't find anything wrong.
You probably already qualify for a buyback. Under Florida lemon laws its 15 total days in the shop or 3 attempts at fixing it.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On top of that, this is a 'hybrid' issue only. Because of that, I would argue that this would be covered under the 8yr/100k hybrid warranty.

1664222262496.png
You can argue all you want to. In my experience, I wouldn't count on it.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1) It's hard not to tell the difference between a dealer tech taking a drill to make new holes (which tends to be really shoddy as seen in numerous posts on here) and the precision cut holes made by the factory equipment
2) It was built after the recall cutoff, thus not the subject of any recalls at this time thus why would the dealer do anything?
3) I inspected it not long after it was delivered to the dealer and the holes in the cover + AGS array were already there

200% sure it came that way from the factory.
@Shay, this is what it looks like from the factory. Done by hand per the recall, you wouldn't get the borders around each of the new holes, and the cuts wouldn't be that clean, especially the rectangular ones. Hope that clears it up. Below is per the recall instructions.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Harness TSB  22-2340 (no crank / no start) with impacted dates: Mavericks built on or Before May 13, 2022 IMG_1764

Ford Maverick Hybrid Harness TSB  22-2340 (no crank / no start) with impacted dates: Mavericks built on or Before May 13, 2022 1664245407141

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Shay, this is what it looks like from the factory. Done by hand per the recall, you wouldn't get the borders around each of the new holes, and the cuts wouldn't be that clean, especially the rectangular ones. Hope that clears it up. Below is per the recall instructions.
Yep. That's definitely not a dealer hack job. Thank you ;)
Sponsored