Sponsored

No Crank No Start - Is this 22B39 or Something Else?

cdetdi

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bit by the dreaded no crank no start issue while hundreds of miles from home the other evening. Sat for over an hour waiting for a tow and trying to figure out what I was going to to and was reading up on the fix. Decided that I'd take a look at the connection underneath the hood.

Once I moved the connector NEXT to the battery cable the power returned to the truck. I looked carefully at the 12v cable and it *seems* secure. The truck has died now 4x times in the last two days and every time moving that one connector makes everything come back again.

Is this 22B39 or something else?

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's detailed posts from last year that show the poorly soldered eyelet causing this issue. I actually ordered a connector back then but never installed it as I've never had the actual issue.

I did however order a battery jump pack back then, that way you can start the truck if this does happen.

I'd go into the dealer ASAP to get this looked at. They are supposed to fix it regardless if you're having the issue, but some have had issues with their dealer. I scheduled an appointment, then brought my truck in. They never ordered the part until after that. It took about a month to get the part, I had actually given up on that dealer cuz I hadn't heard back from them.

Still haven't been back to have it done, as I'm not looking forward to being out of a vehicle again for who knows how long.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There's detailed posts from last year that show the poorly soldered eyelet causing this issue. I actually ordered a connector back then but never installed it as I've never had the actual issue.

I did however order a battery jump pack back then, that way you can start the truck if this does happen.
This. Always good to carry a jump box. Even if you never need it, it's good to have one in case you ever need to help someone who needs a jump. I believe in paying it forward.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bit by the dreaded no crank no start issue while hundreds of miles from home the other evening. Sat for over an hour waiting for a tow and trying to figure out what I was going to to and was reading up on the fix. Decided that I'd take a look at the connection underneath the hood.

Once I moved the connector NEXT to the battery cable the power returned to the truck. I looked carefully at the 12v cable and it *seems* secure. The truck has died now 4x times in the last two days and every time moving that one connector makes everything come back again.

Is this 22B39 or something else?

Does your Maverick have 22B39 open?
That is applicable on Mavericks built through May 13th, 2022.

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That looks like it.

Mine's been in the shop for it for 2 weeks now, been told two of the 3 parts needed are backordered and I might not get mine back until October. At least I'm in a rental.

OP, did yours throw any codes before hand? I got a U40XX that they couldn't duplicate (after having it for 3-4 days), went and got it and then had the service (wrench) light come on when I made it home. After got it back the next day it started shutting off weird - power meter ticking back to the left - and then it finally died on me.Jumped it twice and when I took it into service, luckily, it crapped out on the service advisor as well. She turned it off, pulled the key and it stayed on for 10-15 seconds before going straight black. Also had a bunch of trouble messages in the app.

Sponsored

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We had exactly the same issue; the Mav was dying repeatedly while out of town every time it was turned off. Had the jumper battery and had to hit it each time just to stay mobile (like others said, get the jumper battery. Only $40 or so and I have already used it to help others that were stranded; no need for jumper cables between vehicles). Dropped it off at the dealer to perform the 22B39 recall. Took Ford almost three weeks to send them the proper cable but it appears to be working correctly now.

OP
OP

cdetdi

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is exactly what I’m doing - small jumper pack in the glovebox. Attach to the jump leads just to energize the truck, hit the start button and then you’re good to go.

Annoying mainly because you can’t lock the truck but works for now. Dreading the news about the back orders harness…

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TSB 22-2340, superseded by 22B39, has been poorly handled by Ford.

From this thread, it looks like I had a lot of silent company as others are dealing with it too. At least it seems your service departments have acknowledged the issue and are moving forward.

Best wishes to all to get this resolved with minimal frustration.

OP
OP

cdetdi

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took 4 weeks for the part to come in and then the repair to be done. Apparently there was some confusion requiring a corporate tech to be flown in. But truck is backed and is working 100%
Sponsored