2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello,

I've had my hybrid lariat for a few days im really loving it so far.

early today while driving i got a low windshield wiper fluid warning. i popped the hood and there was basically nothing in there. ok, whatever, im not sure if thats the responsibility of the factory or the dealer during delivery but no big deal, i can buy some and fill it myself. so i did.

however, i also noticed the engine coolant was below the mininum line as shown by this picture. note the green sticker on top of the container:

Ford Maverick Hybrid engine coolant IMG_0333
Ford Maverick Hybrid engine coolant IMG_0336

I ended buying this coolant at the advice of the auto parts guy:

Ford Maverick Hybrid engine coolant IMG_0337

but i checked the manual for the spec and it mentions "yellow" coolant, the fact that it says "asian vehicles" is kinda throwing me off as well.

Ford Maverick Hybrid engine coolant IMG_0335

I want to make sure i bought the right coolant before i throw it in the engine. also whats the deal with the 2 caps?

thanks in advance for any insights someone might be able to provide...
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They sold you the wrong coolant. Do not use that. Only use coolant meeting the spec as called out in the owners manual.

There are 2 coolant tanks because the hybrid battery has its own cooling system.

Complain to your dealer about the very poor pre delivery inspection they did. I would call Ford and advise them as well. Ford depends on their dealer to actually perform their pre delivery inspection.

Edit - Link to correct Ford coolant -
https://www.motorcraft.com/us/en_us...ts/yellow-prediluted-antifreeze-coolants.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
samesea2012

samesea2012

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They sold you the wrong coolant. Do not use that. Only use coolant meeting the spec as called out in the owners manual.

There are 2 coolant tanks because the hybrid battery has its own cooling system.

Complain to your dealer about the very poor pre delivery inspection they did. I would call Ford and advise them as well. Ford depends on their dealer to actually perform their pre delivery inspection.
thanks, im glad i double-checked before putting anything in. im gonna go back and exchange the coolant for the correct one tomorrow. i'll also shoot an email to the dealer letting them know...

OP
OP
samesea2012

samesea2012

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Edit - Link to correct Ford coolant -
https://www.motorcraft.com/us/en_us...ts/yellow-prediluted-antifreeze-coolants.html
im assuming then the green sticker is un-related?

Phillipjon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 3500 - 1996 F250 - 2012 Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Under factory warranty!

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should have the dealer add the motorcraft coolant. I would never combine two different coolants. It is the dealers job to fill the windshield wiper fluid and coolant tanks. Coolant runs low as it cycles into the system and it was their job to fill it up and get the air out. I highly doubt they bled the air out since it is low. Take it in!

Hybrids have two cooling systems. Photos below are examples of a Prius but should give you a general idea of functionality.

Ford Maverick Hybrid engine coolant 9E6449F0-3EEE-4B42-B5C1-A85ECCF5371F
Ford Maverick Hybrid engine coolant A57020A3-4FCB-4914-977A-37AAB815D01A

more info here

Last edited:

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Poor effort from the techs at your dealer. Guess they were hurrying to get home for the holidays. I'd go show them.

ffoc01

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hyb FE, 2014 Flex
Agreed, it's too new for you to have to worry about adding ANY fluids. Even the washer fluid should have been topped off before delivery. And yea, use Ford's VC13 if you have to top it off in the future. Far in the future. Like after the 3y/36k mi warranty is up future.

That green coolant you were sold was only used by Ford for about two years between 2010-2011. Ford had changed their coolant twice since then.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hello,

I've had my hybrid lariat for a few days im really loving it so far.

early today while driving i got a low windshield wiper fluid warning. i popped the hood and there was basically nothing in there. ok, whatever, im not sure if thats the responsibility of the factory or the dealer during delivery but no big deal, i can buy some and fill it myself. so i did.

thanks in advance for any insights someone might be able to provide...
Personally, before I went to the dealership and got the - you'll have to leave it with us to check it out - probably be ready tomorrow - treatment I would buy the correct antifreeze and do it myself. I would rather go to the dentist than a dealer service lane so only when absolutely necessary will I drop off anything to them. Yes for sure they should have done it but the minimum wage PDI dip$%#$ couldnt even get that right - LOL

Sponsored

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like you got this sorted out but I just wanna put this out there for anyone else who gets in a similar situation. Its a BRAND NEW TRUCK, you shouldn't have to do anything besides put gas in it and drive, don't go to a random parts shop and put some random stuff in your car. Take it right back to the dealer and raise hell, this is beyond unacceptable...

If you don't wanna waste time with their lousy service, go to the parts dept. get the original motorcraft coolant meant for the truck, and tell the manager you're not paying for anything and bill it to ford warranty, if they say no take them outside and show them the coolant tank...

Ponypower50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maveriak Lariat, 2021 Mach e
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a new Truck, bring it back to the dealer to top off the fluids.

mavmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone knows what would be replacement option except OEM Motorcraft Part Number VC-13DL-G ? What coolant you can use if VC-13DL-G is not available? according to SDS it is ETHYLENE GLYCOL based coolant.

Veer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
veer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi, what was the outcome? Did they find the leak? I have 20k miles and now low on coolant, added more and its getting lower now. There is no leaks on the driveway or smell in the engine bay.

srfdude44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia optima
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IF anyone out there is still interested, the Peak with the yellow label is not only compatible, it is Approved by Ford, with the same spec.
Ford WSS-M97B57-A2
Sponsored