mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update #1 So they gave me a decked out explorer which is nice. They say it's the high voltage fusebox something or other that needs replacing. Parts on order, should be fixed in a week.

Update #2 Just got my Maverick back today but I'm not confident its fixed it yet. Got a call this morning truck was fixed and they'd send someone by in 30 mins after it gets washed. 30 minutes later they called and said it happened again after the wash, tech parked it and poof power out. I urged them to take another look at the wire harness like I did the first time. Got a call 30 minutes later, all fixed dropping off in 20 minutes... I asked them what they did to fix it, and he said the harness was loose so they just tightened it. That's it. They had it for almost 2 weeks and a wrong ordered part to just tighten something. I fully expect this to be happening again

I have a real early Hybrid, picked up early Jan. Yesterday I pulled into a gas station and the moment I turned the key off everything went dark. Usually the radio and instrument cluster stay on for a bit until I open the door but not this time. 5 minutes later it finally came back on, after me trying to investigate what's happening (which sucks having 2 car seats in the back seat anchored btw). Thought it was a fluke and drove about 45 minutes away to an appointment and got stuck for an hour or two until I could get someone to jump me. Then drove home, turned the key off same thing happened again. The only way to get the vehicle on is to jump it. 12v battery reads 12.6v on my voltmeter, trickle charger showed the battery at 12.6v as well but only 48%. Been driving this since Jan with no issues at all. I've added a few mods to it like Sync 4, Cruise Control, and a digital cluster all without issue. I removed all those yesterday evening, jumped the truck and drove it around for a while, same thing happened and codes as well. Dropping down to 1 vehicle with 2 young kids is going to suck bad, hopefully they can figure this out quickly.

I jumped the car and hooked up my forscan scanner to it and got a hole slew of DTC's
  • BECM - P0A0C:00-2C High Voltage System Interlock Circuit 'A' Low
  • BECM - U3003:16-2C Battery Voltage
  • BECM - P0A0C:00-24 Hybrid/EV Battery Pack 'A' Current Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance
  • BECM - U3003:04-AC Control Module
  • BECMB - B13BF:14-08 Run/Start Input
  • ABS - U3003 Battery Voltage
  • ABS - P0562:16-08 System Voltage Low
  • ABS -U300A:29-28 Ignition Switch
  • ABS - C052E:A2-28 ABS Pump Motor Control Circuit Low
  • ABS - U3012:68-2C Control Module Improper Wake-up Performance
  • TCU - U3003:16-08 Battery Voltage
  • RCM - U0112:00-28 Lost Communication with Battery Energy Control Module B
  • RCM - U3003 Battery Voltage
  • PSCM - U3001:68-0A Control Module Improper Shutdown Performance
Sponsored

Last edited:

Calmate'

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calmate'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 XL Mavi Eco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bet it's just a shorted / sulfated 12 volt battery -they need to load test the battery - they will wreak havoc and trigger tons of trouble codes .... keep us posted after you have it checked

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a real early Hybrid, picked up early Jan. Yesterday I pulled into a gas station and the moment I turned the key off everything went dark. Usually the radio and instrument cluster stay on for a bit until I open the door but not this time. 5 minutes later it finally came back on, after me trying to investigate what's happening (which sucks having 2 car seats in the back seat anchored btw). Thought it was a fluke and drove about 45 minutes away to an appointment and got stuck for an hour or two until I could get someone to jump me. Then drove home, turned the key off same thing happened again. The only way to get the vehicle on is to jump it. 12v battery reads 12.6v on my voltmeter, trickle charger showed the battery at 12.6v as well but only 48%. Been driving this since Jan with no issues at all. I've added a few mods to it like Sync 4, Cruise Control, and a digital cluster all without issue. I removed all those yesterday evening, jumped the truck and drove it around for a while, same thing happened and codes as well. Dropping down to 1 vehicle with 2 young kids is going to suck bad, hopefully they can figure this out quickly.

I jumped the car and hooked up my forscan scanner to it and got a hole slew of DTC's
  • BECM - P0A0C:00-2C High Voltage System Interlock Circuit 'A' Low
  • BECM - U3003:16-2C Battery Voltage
  • BECM - P0A0C:00-24 Hybrid/EV Battery Pack 'A' Current Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance
  • BECM - U3003:04-AC Control Module
  • BECMB - B13BF:14-08 Run/Start Input
  • ABS - U3003 Battery Voltage
  • ABS - P0562:16-08 System Voltage Low
  • ABS -U300A:29-28 Ignition Switch
  • ABS - C052E:A2-28 ABS Pump Motor Control Circuit Low
  • ABS - U3012:68-2C Control Module Improper Wake-up Performance
  • TCU - U3003:16-08 Battery Voltage
  • RCM - U0112:00-28 Lost Communication with Battery Energy Control Module B
  • RCM - U3003 Battery Voltage
  • PSCM - U3001:68-0A Control Module Improper Shutdown Performance
Just curious, how many miles on your odo? Not that it matters. I picked mine up January as well.

Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander,Outlook,S10,1968Camaro,22Maverick.hybri
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only 3510, I work from home and don't drive much but to transport the kids.
Have you measured the voltage under the hood near fuse box? It should also be 12+ volts.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you measured the voltage under the hood near fuse box? It should also be 12+ volts.
12v Battery - 13.68
Ford Maverick Hybrid Died As Well, No Power At All 1661444973172

Under the hood - 3.36
Ford Maverick Hybrid Died As Well, No Power At All 1661444999609

Hybrid Nut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

12v Battery - 13.68
1661444973172.png

Under the hood - 3.36
1661444999609.png
Good job pointing out that bad solder connection everyones complaining about. Now i know where to look if i have that problem. But then mines not built yet so hopefully they have fixed that harness problem. by now..

CorrigansLabs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my new maverick hybrid on Tuesday and about an hour later the vehicle completely fried while I was driving. Service says the issue was a fuse but I’m thinking the battery issues a lot of people have been experiencing might be an issue as well. When the tow truck showed up, the only way he could get the car going was a jump. Picked up with 25km on odometer and died at 32km. Did I get a lemon?

OP
OP

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my new maverick hybrid on Tuesday and about an hour later the vehicle completely fried while I was driving. Service says the issue was a fuse but I’m thinking the battery issues a lot of people have been experiencing might be an issue as well. When the tow truck showed up, the only way he could get the car going was a jump. Picked up with 25km on odometer and died at 32km. Did I get a lemon?
That sucks sorry to hear. Not sure what the lemon laws are in your state but definitely look it up.

Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like the dreaded cable terminal issue. I would recommend reporting to National Highway Safety Administration , volume in numbers is one way to get Ford's attention.

OP
OP

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like the dreaded cable terminal issue. I would recommend reporting to National Highway Safety Administration , volume in numbers is one way to get Ford's attention.
I tried wiggling that cable around, squeezing it etc.. all without really trying to do anything damaging or permanent and nothing changed. I have a service appointment tomorrow at 8am, pickup-delivery + loaner since I'm coupling it with the recall I just received in the mail yesterday evening. Just filed the NHTSA complaint as well, thanks for that.

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least you get DTC codes, we do not get anything !

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrids are typically not having battery issues, they are sometimes having a wiring harness issue. After watching your video I think it is not a wiring harness issue because that usually leaves you with zero juice, so no warnings on the dash can even happen. I have a feeling yours will be resolved quickly. I hope. Keep us posted. And no, you did not get a lemon.

CorrigansLabs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrids are typically not having battery issues, they are sometimes having a wiring harness issue. After watching your video I think it is not a wiring harness issue because that usually leaves you with zero juice, so no warnings on the dash can even happen. I have a feeling yours will be resolved quickly. I hope. Keep us posted. And no, you did not get a lemon.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Died As Well, No Power At All 0DB9040D-CA6C-4EE8-8353-779DE80B5533

This is my service report.
I hope it’s not a lemon. I’m still nervous driving the car. Paranoid that the truck will stop working mid drive.
Sponsored

Last edited: