First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4 AWD W/ tow package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So the verdict is that the body control module connector was not fully seated at the factory. They found that it was inserted but not latched. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again.
Sponsored

Deleted member 14823

So the verdict is that the body control module connector was not fully seated at the factory. They found that it was inserted but not latched. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again.
Thanks for sharing this. I've already had two module/sensor issues taken care of...it's good to have this info just in case something similar happens.

Lordran_Hollow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 86 860 Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah those lever-style harnesses trip some technicians up sometimes. One of my trainees who installed a remote start on a Hyundai had it come back with a complaint that there were multiple lights on the dash and that the fuel gauge was inoperable. Turns out he did the exact same thing here in the driver kick panel, plug inserted, but not latched.

Though having the entire vehicle shut off at 70mph is definitely far more egregious.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe something like this?
Ford Maverick 2.0L EcoBoost died at 70mph 1666786362845

85iltoy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey everyone, I'm Chris and am new to the forum. After my experience last night, I looked around saw some people experiencing similar events with the hybrids but no one with the EcoBoost engine.

First off I have a 2022 Maverick XLT FX4 AWD with tow package. It was ordered in 10/21 and delivered 3/22 with approximately 8500 miles on it.

While driving on the highway last night at 70 mph my maverick completely shut off with no warning. I lost my engine, and all lighting with the exception of the instrument cluster and infotainment display. Luckily I was able to get safely from the left lane to the shoulder. Once on the shoulder I shifted to park and tried to restart. I got nothing. When the key was turned to start the dash cluster and infotainment display came on but the truck made no effort to start. None of the interior or exterior lighting worked and all the door controls were dead. While I waited for a tow I tried disconnecting the battery to reset all the computers and nothing changed. after 2 hours of standing on the side of the interstate ford roadside showed up and towed it to the dealership.

This morning the dealership goes out and it starts right up but each time they start it I get a notification on the app that my truck is in deep sleep mode. They won't be able to try to diagnose it for another week and in the mean time it will sit on their lot.

Looking to see if anyone has seen this yet, Needless to say I'm extremely reluctant to drive it if they don't have a definitive answer as to what happened.

Thanks for your responses in advance.
The same thing happened to me twice. The dealer couldn’t find a thing wrong. My truck started back up after it died. I thinking a class action suit is in order. This is a serious safety issue.
Sponsored