Sponsored

Hybrid build dates and any new news on delivery?

bcording

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariat Hybrid
still waiting for my hybrid build date. i ordered it first week of august.
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All the backlog built by end of March?? That’s 5 months to build well over 100,000, maybe 150,000 trucks. Based on current run rates (well under 10,000 per month) and supply shortages that just doesn’t add up.
Me thinks the backlog referred to is hybrid only.

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Me thinks the backlog referred to is hybrid only.
which is about 60% of orders apparently, which in total probably are nowhere near the 100,000 figure. They are building away, and will make as many as they can. That's why they are cutting off orders - I bet they have a pretty good idea of what they can build in 5 months (~50,000) on top of what they've already built.
And I wouldn't get your (not you, anyone's) panties all scrunched up about various rumors. If a company placed a retail order, that's what they did to get one... All in all we'll get 'em when we get 'em - it's what happens when you're early in the game in a pandemic, materials shortage and shipping crisis.
In the meanwhile, used cars have gone nuts. Sold our used car for 35% more than we paid 26 months ago. Figured we can work with one for a couple of months until the (already built) Mav arrives.
And, no, don't wait to order if you think it's going to get better. Magnesium is the next HUGE shortage, and they can't build cars without it. Ford may weather it for now, but European car companies are in a big vise real soon. Expect very much higher prices; the XL Mav will be the best bargain out there.

Sponsored

Gort

2.5L Hybrid
MOTM Winner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Yaris HB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MaverickJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Ordered my Lariat First Edition Hybrid on June 21. No news at all other than an order acknowledgement from Ford right my dealer placed my order with Ford. Some news of any kind would be nice. I'm in the dark on status.

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
when did you order your maverick? mine was July 6, no build date yet
Ordered my Lariat Hybrid 7/26/21 Lux Pkg, First Edition, Co Pilot 360 still no build date. Patiently waiting.

OP
OP
rognus

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm so jealous of people with build dates and agonizing about it. I wish I had something like that to agonize about. Well I do actually....WHEN WILL I GET AN IN PRODUCTION EMAIL!!!😢

I'm just kidding around. Lots of time on my hands today.
Mine changed 11/09 from "in processing" to "in production" :unsure:

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have a known production date, yet. But, I tried to add a moonroof to my order today, and my salesperson came back and told me it is "statused for production, so the order can't be changed."

I'm now trying to get my VIN out of him, so I can track the order myself.

I'm hoping I've pestered him enough that he'll be happy to give the VIN and get me out of his hair!

Sponsored

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered my Lariat First Edition Hybrid on June 21. No news at all other than an order acknowledgement from Ford right my dealer placed my order with Ford. Some news of any kind would be nice. I'm in the dark on status.
I received confirmation from Ford my order for a Lariat was accepted. Date of acceptance was June 23. Like you, not a word since. I have verified it is in the system but my guess is the dealer is playing some sort of games, getting the higher profit orders built before mine, which was at invoice. I was the first customer and they did not know they could get more money for the vehicle. So, I would not put it pass them to hold up my build for the higher priced orders and then hope I withdraw my order and they can up the price and sell it off the lot when it shows up.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received confirmation from Ford my order for a Lariat was accepted. Date of acceptance was June 23. Like you, not a word since. I have verified it is in the system but my guess is the dealer is playing some sort of games, getting the higher profit orders built before mine, which was at invoice. I was the first customer and they did not know they could get more money for the vehicle. So, I would not put it pass them to hold up my build for the higher priced orders and then hope I withdraw my order and they can up the price and sell it off the lot when it shows up.
I think you're grossly overestimating the amount of control the dealer has over which orders get picked to be built. Other than a slight bit of influence with priority codes it's mostly Ford's choice. Your order being a Hybrid Lariat Luxury with tonneau are the factors more at play.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good for you! As to how the dealer did it, either it was actually a customer order that has been declined, or the dealer "faked out" the Ford ROVP system (I won't use the word "fraud"...)
Or this was one of the Stock orders dealers were allowed to order in June-July 15th.

Dealers were allowed to order Stock Units for 1 .5 months so no conspiracy here.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or this was one of the Stock orders dealers were allowed to order in June-July 15th.

Dealers were allowed to order Stock Units for 1 .5 months so no conspiracy here.
Yes but my recollection is that those orders were ecoboost only?
Sponsored