Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hello Matt. My name is Mike Feaster and I'm the VP of Marketing for HRG Offroad. We'd like to feature your truck on our website and social media if you are interested.
For sure! Sent you a PM

CMOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
@mdl20813

Still happy with this lift?

CMOS

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

@mdl20813

Still happy with this lift?

CMOS
Love it! No rattles, clunking or other issues. Parts are very well made. It was the right amount of lift for me and I like that it retains a bit of the factory rake so that if I tow the rear end wont look saggy

Only thing I’d wish is for HRG to include the torque specs for re-torquing the hardware after a few thousand miles. My installer recommended this but it’s not in the install guide so I used the specs from the Readylift kit since it is similar. Maybe @DJ Magic Mike can pass along that feedback.

Definitely one of the best bang for the buck kits available IMO.

Sponsored

jcgaskil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 (Alto Blue)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello Matt. My name is Mike Feaster and I'm the VP of Marketing for HRG Offroad. We'd like to feature your truck on our website and social media if you are interested.
Hello Mike. I am considering this lift but understand that some kits require a weld seam to be ground down as part of the installation. Is this required for your 1.5" HRG lift?

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hello Mike. I am considering this lift but understand that some kits require a weld seam to be ground down as part of the installation. Is this required for your 1.5" HRG lift?
IIRC the instructions just have grinding down the bottom inside lip of the strut

jcgaskil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IIRC the instructions just have grinding down the bottom inside lip of the strut
Thank you Matt. Your ride looks great. Did you have any issues with alignment? I'm down to this HRG and the Rangerlifts 2". I like the idea that they don't have a sway bar link but not sure I want to go 2". Key for me is alignment and rake.

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you Matt. Your ride looks great. Did you have any issues with alignment? I'm down to this HRG and the Rangerlifts 2". I like the idea that they don't have a sway bar link but not sure I want to go 2". Key for me is alignment and rake.
Thanks! I had a 4 wheel alignment done when the kit was installed and have had zero issues. I also was between the HRG and RL kits. HRG was a bit more budget friendly after everything I had already done and was better quality than Rough Country. I think the HRG may retain more of the factory rake. You do get subframe spacers included in the RL kit which I’d definitely do on anything 2” or more. Overall I’m more than happy with the HRG kit and will keep it until I likely go to the Flatout kit at some point

jcgaskil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! I had a 4 wheel alignment done when the kit was installed and have had zero issues. I also was between the HRG and RL kits. HRG was a bit more budget friendly after everything I had already done and was better quality than Rough Country. I think the HRG may retain more of the factory rake. You do get subframe spacers included in the RL kit which I’d definitely do on anything 2” or more. Overall I’m more than happy with the HRG kit and will keep it until I likely go to the Flatout kit at some point
I finally installed my lift. After researching several and considering the comments in this thread and how great your truck looked, I installed the 1.5" HRG kit. I love it. Ride is the same and it aligned easily. Thank you for sharing your experience with HRG.

Ford Maverick HRG 1.5" Lift Kit Installed [Before & After Pics Added] IMG_0014 2

Sponsored

thyITguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can we get an update?
I've held off on installing mine due to CV boot /issues with cv axles up front
but i do want it

how many miles have you had them on now ? any issues ...leaking? boot wear?
thanks and great looking truck

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can we get an update?
I've held off on installing mine due to CV boot /issues with cv axles up front
but i do want it

how many miles have you had them on now ? any issues ...leaking? boot wear?
thanks and great looking truck
24k miles on the truck total with the HRG kit installed for most of those. No issues of any kind so far.

Mav Chad

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like how HRG 1.5" kit sounds, but wondering why subframe spacers are only important in the rear. Isn't the lift kit 1.5" both front and rear? I think they said it maintains the rake.

Full disclosure I've never lifted a truck in my life. Thanks!

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I like how HRG 1.5" kit sounds, but wondering why subframe spacers are only important in the rear. Isn't the lift kit 1.5" both front and rear? I think they said it maintains the rake.

Full disclosure I've never lifted a truck in my life. Thanks!
it’s likely a combination of the front being a MacPherson design and the lift being mild enough that a front spacer wouldn’t really provide much benefit. I know Flatout recommends spacers once you are lifting 2” or more.
Sponsored