Sponsored

Double Spacers from 1.5" HRG Lift Kit on 2.0 Eco FWD ?

horop

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Very new to the realm of lifting trucks. I have a 2.0 FWD that I would love to lift. I know that the rear suspension differs between FWD and AWD, but HRG Offroad sells a 1.5 inch lift kit that fits all models. may sound a little silly, but would it be possible to use one kit with double the amount of spacers to achieve a 3 inch lift? using 2 lift spacers on each side in the front instead of one on either side.

I apologize in advance for the ignorance lol, but thank you in advance for any advice!
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Its a thought. But no physically I dont beleive the bolt holes would line up for it to even put together. Then you have the issue of if you just welded em together and put em in, it still wouldnt work. It would stretch the CV axles too far and the geometry of the suspension arm would be maxed out aswell. It would have very little travel and the wheel would probably be cocked weird like some dropped on the ground tuner.

Just wouldnt work. Superlift does say they have a 2.5" lift kit. I dont know if it works on a 2wd but that is possible.

OP
OP

horop

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Ah I see, so the CV joints are the limiting factor. I did see that Superlift offers a 2.5 in lift kit, but its only listed for the AWD model. Contacted customer support and they verified that it is not applicable for the FWD model. Shame :/ I am really eager to lift mine at least 2 in, but at least 1.5 inch is available
Sponsored