First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To each his own. We've had threads about how to get the best mileage and threads on how to boost the horsepower. I'm happy for people to chat about whatever they want.

I just have two requests... don't interfere with other people's use of their vehicles and don't create unnecessary risk. I've seen both recently. Here's what I mean:

A few weeks ago a guy pulled out of a "performance auto shop" in his F-150 and burned donuts in a busy street right in front of me. He did about 4 revolutions, blocking the street and making so much tire smoke that by the end you couldn't see his truck. Then he pulled back into the shop and popped the hood to make more adjustments.

Last week a guy pulled away from a light so slowly that only about half the usual number of cars made it through, leaving the rest to idle for another cycle. I got through and was behind him as he slowly got up to about 40, then backed off to about 25, then started back up again.

The OP isn't advocating such behavior -- he's just giving mileage tips. And I'm just giving a different tip -- be aware of other drivers and don't take things too far.
Sponsored

413 Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The sunroof, which I got for my daughter's, is awesome for mpg purposes. I pop that open and ive found that the cabin cools much quicker than without because the heat escapes at the top. I havent used the AC yet, but we've only touched the low 80's so far. Even so, having to park in the sun at work, even in the 60's the cabin can be super hot.
The highway is about 2 minutes from work and I am comfortable by then that I can close everything up and leave the AC off.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree but on the maverick if your using it around town the regular mode works as well as eco once I get on the expressway eco is a must. I have 24k on the hybrid and the life time meter is showing 43.9 aver on 24k miles
I thought I drove a lot with an average of 35K a year, almost all highway. How in the world have you logged so many miles already and how long have you had your truck?

(And how has it run ? Reliable?)

Thank you!

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I drove a lot with an average of 35K a year, almost all highway. How in the world have you logged so many miles already and how long have you had your truck?

(And how has it run ? Reliable?)

Thank you!
Lol I actually have 9 maverick hybrid for my business the one that just hit 24k is the one I drive got it in December 10th, and I just love them haven’t had a single problem with any of them and averaging a solid 42-43 on all of them

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lol I actually have 9 maverick hybrid for my business the one that just hit 24k is the one I drive got it in December 10th, and I just love them haven’t had a single problem with any of them and averaging a solid 42-43 on all of them
You could be a very big influence on this board if you would post a new thread about your experiences, especially the positive reliability aspect.

You would counter a lot of complaining and scaring up the hopefuls waiting on their Mavs.

Sponsored

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could be a very big influence on this board if you would post a new thread about your experiences, especially the positive reliability aspect.

You would counter a lot of complaining and scaring up the hopefuls waiting on their Mavs.
Once I put few more miles on all the truck I will post my honest results but so far I’m so happy with them they are great trucks

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And don't fail to draft semis on the highway for an additional mpg boost!
I did that in my other cars but didn't care about rock chips and stuff. Going to try to keep this thing perfect for a couple months

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And don't fail to draft semis on the highway for an additional mpg boost!
As someone who made their living driving trucks for my company let me say.......Don't F***ing do that!
Semis have a blind spot half as big as a football field behind them and we don't need people sitting there getting their mpg fantasy. We don't need drivers getting tangled up with some four wheeler and if we're lucky just bend some sheet metal. If we're unlucky, actually YOU'RE unlucky, you'll end up dead and some driver trying to mind his own business will lose his job.
We dislike people doing this so much if we find out your there will do tricks like flashing the trailer brakes on and off so you're not sure what we're doing. If we really are unhappy with you there we'll move off center in the lane so we're sure to throw every piece of road debris back at you.
So again, don't do it.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Me: hey forum readers, here are some ways to get better fuel efficiency with your Maverick Hybrid

haters/trolls: blah blah MPG poo poo blah blah MPG blah poo blah blah
On the bright side they didn't bust your chops for your spelling of "breaks".

Rolandus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the 24k mile average I posted it was running the ac or heat I’m in texas so it gets hot fast down here life time 43.8 mpg
Yes, I've been following similar driving habits as you describe. However, I'll not sacrifice temperature comfort. I've averaged 43.5 mpg over the first 2000 miles. Sometimes, for short distances to the local grocery mart, I occasionally see mostly electric usage from my Mav at 88 mpg, lol.

Ford Maverick How to hypermile a hybrid for MPG! 20220423_190814

Ford Maverick How to hypermile a hybrid for MPG! 20220420_202559

Sponsored

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I first purchased a 2013 Prius C in 2015. It was a MY2013 and had 13,000 miles on it. Drove it until this winter, when it got t-boned and totaled. (Everyone was OK). Its life ended with 249,000 miles on the odometer. Yep, we drove it 236,000 miles in 7 years. Original battery, and still getting 47 or so MPG when it got crushed.
Ordered a 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid last August. Only add-ons were Spray-In Bedliner, Tow Hitch, and Ford360. Picked it up at the dealer 4 days ago. So far, driving mainly in Eco, getting 47.5 MPG. On pace for almost 600 miles on one tank. Here are the top ways I maximize MPG in a hybrid…

1. Don’t turn on heat or air conditioning unless totally necessary. Most people don’t realize the effect this has on triggering the Hybrid engine to switch over to gas. The weather has cooperated here in western Pennavaria so far. Tip: At lower speeds, drive with the windows down to cool off!​
2. Start slow from stops. This is especially helpful if you are driving in residential areas and other places where the speed limit is 25 or 35. You aren’t going to save time getting from point A to point B by starting “fast” from a red light or stop sign, but you will burn gas.​
2. Pump and coast on flat roads. Simple.​
3. Coast downhill.​
4.Realize that breaking charges the battery. Break smoothly. Don’t slam on the breaks.​
5. In a Maverick, a “little green truck on a downhill slope” appears on the dash when you are coasting downhill at a certain slope. This means that the battery is charging​
6. Drive in Eco mode.​

Comment in this thread with your questions or other tips.
DB45C5E8-7E49-4592-A4CD-9F3F17196625.jpeg
That no AC part ain't going to work in Texas for the next six months or so.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No thanks. I'm going to drive like I drive and if I lose a mile or two per gallon, so be it. I'm not babying this truck just so I can say I got x mpg woo hoo!

I got flagged around two dozen times by the Journeys nanny on my last drive and I still got over 50 mpg. That's fine by me.

AuburnFan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I first purchased a 2013 Prius C in 2015. It was a MY2013 and had 13,000 miles on it. Drove it until this winter, when it got t-boned and totaled. (Everyone was OK). Its life ended with 249,000 miles on the odometer. Yep, we drove it 236,000 miles in 7 years. Original battery, and still getting 47 or so MPG when it got crushed.
Ordered a 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid last August. Only add-ons were Spray-In Bedliner, Tow Hitch, and Ford360. Picked it up at the dealer 4 days ago. So far, driving mainly in Eco, getting 47.5 MPG. On pace for almost 600 miles on one tank. Here are the top ways I maximize MPG in a hybrid…

1. Don’t turn on heat or air conditioning unless totally necessary. Most people don’t realize the effect this has on triggering the Hybrid engine to switch over to gas. The weather has cooperated here in western Pennavaria so far. Tip: At lower speeds, drive with the windows down to cool off!​
2. Start slow from stops. This is especially helpful if you are driving in residential areas and other places where the speed limit is 25 or 35. You aren’t going to save time getting from point A to point B by starting “fast” from a red light or stop sign, but you will burn gas.​
2. Pump and coast on flat roads. Simple.​
3. Coast downhill.​
4.Realize that breaking charges the battery. Break smoothly. Don’t slam on the breaks.​
5. In a Maverick, a “little green truck on a downhill slope” appears on the dash when you are coasting downhill at a certain slope. This means that the battery is charging​
6. Drive in Eco mode.​

Comment in this thread with your questions or other tips.
DB45C5E8-7E49-4592-A4CD-9F3F17196625.jpeg
Thanks for info, Mark! Gonna order in Aug and it'll be my first hybrid.
Sponsored