TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Driving around today, connected to my phone's Bluetooth via both the Maverick and my Android Auto wireless dongle. Phone rings through speakers, can't answer it. So dumb question, how the heck do I answer the phone without touching/unlocking it? Does one of the steering wheel buttons do this?
Sponsored

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Buttons on the bottom of the right keypad on the steering wheel. Same ones as audio track or radio preset forward/backward if you use those.

TN_Oldman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same button you press that you would use to give Google assistant a voice command. (I believe)

OP
OP
TrailMaster

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. Coulda sworn that was one of the ones I was poking, but it might not have been the first one. I'll try it next time.

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Buttons on the bottom of the right keypad on the steering wheel. Same ones as audio track or radio preset forward/backward if you use those.
There are 3 buttons on the steering wheel. Can you tell me what each one is?

Sponsored

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not from memory. Try starting with page 26 in the owners manual.

Bilbo_B

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022 2.0 L Ford Escape 2017
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Driving around today, connected to my phone's Bluetooth via both the Maverick and my Android Auto wireless dongle. Phone rings through speakers, can't answer it. So dumb question, how the heck do I answer the phone without touching/unlocking it? Does one of the steering wheel buttons do this?
How did you try answering the phone ?
Ford Maverick How to Answer Phone Hands Free? IMG_2899_S

The bottom center button?

TN_Oldman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same button you press that you would use to give Google assistant a voice command. (I believe)
Yeah, I wasn't at my truck and took lazy to search online. It's not the voice command it's right beside it as noted in another post

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you try answering the phone ?
IMG_2899_S.jpeg

The bottom center button?
Not sure what Trailmaster did. My phone is usually in my pocket so I cannot do anything with Google Assistant. In my Explorer I usually answered on the screen, but Google Maps was running and nothing popped up on the screen. Old habits die hard. I glanced down at those 3 buttons on the steering wheel and they are not the same as the Explorer had, so I did not know what to hit and watch the road at the same time. By then they hung up. Those triangles on the middle and right button are something I have never seen before.

OP
OP
TrailMaster

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty sure I was trying to answer by mashing the left voice button. Makes sense that the middle "pick phone up" button will answer, and the right "put down down" button will hang up.

Sponsored

Bilbo_B

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022 2.0 L Ford Escape 2017
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Pretty sure I was trying to answer by mashing the left voice button. Makes sense that the middle "pick phone up" button will answer, and the right "put down down" button will hang up.
Well, give it a try. One never knows. Personally, nobody calls me on my cell. I don't even get scam calls with it. Makes me feel unwanted. :-(
We had two 2017 Escapes with Sync. and they worked much better for us and our cheap-A tracfones. Now, with this android auto it requires that my phone be plugged into the dash USB or that I have data turned on. If you have maps being displayed then you're past that issue. I also noticed someone saying that they had to turn on the "use phone ringtone" on the car's phone settings in order to pick up a phone call but I don't have that issue here.

Oscarcat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Lariat, Lexus NX 300, PT Cruiser 5 spd. C172P
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not exactly relevant to your question, but with Lariat Sync 3 and an iPhone, it connects without needing a cord.

Same in my '22 EB with Sync 2 [no lux pkg] and the same iPhone - it connected wirelessly. Across the top of my screen it shows it is connected to [my phone name's] iPhone.

Markii56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the Avalon 12/22/23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Left to right: 1) voice command 2) answer phone/ rewind or repeat streaming song 3) hang up phone/ fast forward to next streaming song

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not exactly relevant to your question, but with Lariat Sync 3 and an iPhone, it connects without needing a cord.

Same in my '22 EB with Sync 2 [no lux pkg] and the same iPhone - it connected wirelessly. Across the top of my screen it shows it is connected to [my phone name's] iPhone.
Yep, all trims can connect to phones via Bluetooth. If you connect to CarPlay, the truck uses that for everything instead, including phone conversations. (On my truck the radio confirms disconnecting from the BT side of the phone just as CarPlay starts up) The steering wheel buttons for pick-up/hang-up work the same in both scenarios...

I would guess that Android Auto behaves along the same lines.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Using android auto, my phone rings through the head unit and speakers. The screen on the head unit has the same screen as does my samsung phone, and it shows....................a green phone handle to answer.....................a red phone handle to hang up. I simply touch the the green handle on the touch screen of the head unit......................
Sponsored