JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, Triumph TR3, Hybrid Maverick 1-18-23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I want mine done just because i like the appearance and Line x offers a guarantee. For now i have the Maverick Mat from Ford, good pricing and i used points. I have already scuffed it in a few spots just trying to mount a divider board in the back.

Mavman321

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe Schmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to tractor supply and got. 4x6 3/4” thick rubber mat for $50 and cut it to size, including where the D rings are in the floor. Worked great

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As people started buying trucks instead of Cadillacs they started treating them like Cadillacs.

Now everybody just expects it. My opinion is a scratched bed is a scratched bed, who cares? I have moving blankets for putting damaging things in it.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have to drill holes into the bed and tail gate to mount the Modular bed liner?

https://accessories.ford.com/products/maverick-2022-modular-bedliner
Mine arrives Monday now. I have watched the YouTube videos. I believe there is NO drilling. Only taking off bedrails AND removing the bolts already in the tailgate and then bolting everything back in to hold it in place. There WILL be cutting of the bedliner for the two panels at the rear of the bed. I think there is more than one Youtube video to watch.

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

New to owning a vehicle with an unlined truck and had a few friends mention that you cannot use the bed without a liner. If I bought the maverick to use, not keep as a museum piece (and not planning on using any different than a sedan truck). How necessary is a bed liner?

Thanks in advance
For a cheap bed liner, go to home depot. They have a roll of black rubber mat with a diamond plate design for $50. This will keep your truck bed from getting scratched up. (I think it's 4x6, or 4x8)

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went to tractor supply and got. 4x6 3/4” thick rubber mat for $50 and cut it to size, including where the D rings are in the floor. Worked great
Joe Schmo,
Please post a photo of the Tractor supply mat in your truck. I have an interest in that when my truck arrives. Is it heavy enough to sit in there by it's self or did you have to secure it to the bed floor? thank you.

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

New to owning a vehicle with an unlined truck and had a few friends mention that you cannot use the bed without a liner. If I bought the maverick to use, not keep as a museum piece (and not planning on using any different than a sedan truck). How necessary is a bed liner?

Thanks in advance
Could be as simple as a piece of plywood cutout for the wheel wells. That is what I did on an 83 Nissan truck. If you don’t want to drill use the tie downs up front to secure it. Paint it or in my case I stained it blue to match before installing.

Sponsored

Mavman321

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe Schmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Joe Schmo,
Please post a photo of the Tractor supply mat in your truck. I have an interest in that when my truck arrives. Is it heavy enough to sit in there by it's self or did you have to secure it to the bed floor? thank you.
I will when I get home. And yes it’s not going anywhere.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks in advance
I went with the spray in liner and cut a 3/4'' thick rubber horse stall mat from Rural King to fit. Anything put in there is definitely not going anywhere or hurting anything.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks in advance
Not necessary at all. Just to keep the bed from getting scratched and beat up. One option you might consider if you don't mind a scratched up bed is to use it, beat it up, and get a nice shiny new bed liner just before you sell it.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went with the spray in liner and cut a 3/4'' thick rubber horse stall mat from Rural King to fit. Anything put in there is definitely not going anywhere or hurting anything.
I have an old piece of conveyor belt I rescued that I'm going to cut to fit. Kinda heavy though.
Sponsored