How many keys/fobs did you get?

Jtracing919

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I picked up my xlt last Sat. I only got one key/fob. My salesman said ford would be sending me another set. Is that consistent with others who have picked theirs up?

**update
I received my key fob and owners manual packet today in the mail. Apparently it was a dealer specific policy where they don't give both sets of keys until the loan has been officially funded and they have been paid.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely two. Industry standard! Don't let it slip away. Dealership might day you lost it.

Sponsored

xoXMiSsDaisieXox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daisie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livelaughandlawn.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 2023 Mercedes AMG GLA 45
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my xlt last Sat. I only got one key/fob. My salesman said ford would be sending me another set. Is that consistent with others who have picked theirs up?
Wait, what?! Even before they stopped selling the CHEAPEST and most BASIC Focus and Fiesta, each car came with 2 fobs. That doesn't sound right at all. Was there a tag or sticker on your key that said A or B key? My husband sold Ford's for 12 years. Something ain't right. Definitely hassle your salesman or his manager. Unacceptable. The key showing up at a later time sounds like an excuse to make you go away.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As a locksmith I hear this story everyday. Dealerships as well as salespeople themselves sell the extra keys/fobs to companies that reset the electronics, replace the case as needed and market them as " new oem". One of the larger ones - https://www.carandtruckremotes.com/ on a new car certainly 2 remotes is standard.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be sure to get that in writing from your dealer. I've had dealers use a "We Owe" document and we had to sign it even if it said "nothing" on it. Sounds like they lost one of the key fobs.

Last edited:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked this question a while back. Some car companies are only giving one key fob with new car purchases due to the chip shortage. Alex on Autos pointed out the Mustang Mach E only comes with 1 fob. Honda has only been giving 1 fob on their new cars and so has Hyundai.

Sponsored

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This could get interesting as normally you need both fobs to reprogram another. Some people like a third. I suppose a dealership can get around that, not sure. Definitely stay on them. They may be actively looking for the second fob that came with your vehicle.

OP
OP

Jtracing919

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I just text my salesman, hopefully will hear something soon. Also I didn't get an owner's manual packet, wondering if they forgot that as well?

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Mine came with two. Harley-Davidson on the other hand are cheap bastards and only give one fob with their new bikes.

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just text my salesman, hopefully will hear something soon. Also I didn't get an owner's manual packet, wondering if they forgot that as well?
😬
Sponsored