Sponsored

How long before you give up?

How long are you willing to wait before canceling/ buying something else?

• Total voters

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
I'd give it six months (February) to get scheduled. I may be willing to go Santa Cruz or '22 Frontier if I can get one equipped with all the things I want for MSRP after that. If they are not available, I'll still just keep holding on to my order. Continuing to change things that may be constraints. Like I just dropped my tonneau cover today. Here's to hoping that gets me scheduled soon. 🤞
If you were trying to get a 2.0 Maverick, sure. Why not. But if you were trying for the Hybrid Maverick, then that's just a completely different vehicle than the Hyundai or Frontier.
Sponsored

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Toyota is in no better shape. They just announced slashing production by 40%. And Black Book has their dealer inventory sitting at a very low 17 days.
I was about to say the same thing none of the car companies are in great shape. Even if Toyota announced a new model it would take months if not more to see them to the market. I think ford would have been better off to wait to take orders in August instead of June. That way the wait between order and starting production was shorter.

lurch70

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW 330xi, 2019 Volvo XC60
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel this general restlessness is proof of why car dealers are charging over msrp and used car prices are through the roof as well.
This applies to the housing market also.

I get it if you have no car currently or roof over your head ... but otherwise ... what's the panic about?

Last edited:

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not in dire need of a vehicle, so I will wait. Ordered an XLT hybrid and the hybrid engine is essential. If the hybrid wasn't available, I would still be scouring for a used car. If I were to her about someone selling a 2011 Malibu to settle an estate, I might grab it. Just something to keep miles off of my Expedition.
So if I get confirmation that my Maverick is going to production by the end of the year, I'll be happy.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you were trying to get a 2.0 Maverick, sure. Why not. But if you were trying for the Hybrid Maverick, then that's just a completely different vehicle than the Hyundai or Frontier.
Yep, agreed. In my instance, Hybrid was not an option since I need AWD to report to work year round in the early morning. Thousands of people depend on me. :)

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It takes much longer than that to develop a new vehicle. Ford brought the Maverick to market in under three years, which is fast. Even if Toyota just grafted a bed to a Rav4 they would have to go through all the design process for crash protection, build prototypes and test them. It’s a fantasy to think that any other manufacturer can have competitors for the Maverick for at least two years (unless they are already in the process). The vehicles sold in the rest of the world would still need redesign because they won’t meet safety standards.
I suspect they already have something. Honestly, even if it was just a lightened Tacoma with a Hybrid powertrain that would work.

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel this general restlessness is proof of why car dealers are charging over msrp and used car prices are through the roof as well.
This applies to the housing market also.

I get it if you have no car currently or roof over your head ... but otherwise ... what's the panic about?
Agreed. The "Amazon Prime" mentality has destroyed any patience for things. I ordered it this morning, why isn't it here this afternoon?!

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have a set "give up" date by any means, but I also don't feel like clearing 150k miles on my current car before I replace it (I'll come close to that number by Summer 2022). Since I want a viable hybrid that isn't pretty tiny, I'm actually keeping an eye on the Kia Sorento Hybrid.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I’m curious how long you would wait for your Maverick order to come in? How long before you would choose something else / need something else?
Not sure I understand the options on your poll.
6 Months (February)​
One Year (September 2022)​
Are you totally forgetting some of us Ordered back in June and July? Waiting a year would be June or July 2022, not September 2022.

Likewise, not really sure how you figured 6 months would be February. September to February would be 5 months. To get 6 months that would be August but we didn't learn of any delays until September. But again, what if you ordered in June or July.

So based on not understanding how the options were established, I DIDN'T Vote.

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
I said 1 year, but I will be counting from 6/10/2021 when I placed my order.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a Joke so laugh all you want.....lol

I put down my 500 deposit today 9/8/21. White XLT with only option the hitch receiver. I checked 6 months on the pole. Till then I will read reviews and listen if there are problems.

I have a 2016 Volt and 2016 Prius and 3 motorcycles so NEED is not why. WANT is why. I may still want one in 6 months if I don't have one yet. I hope the Maverick is great, no problems, etc, etc.

I had a 2002 ford Sport Trac and liked it. Thought I didn't need a truck. Not need one much but decided I need a truck. A little truck, a 4 door truck, a small bed truck I now about. And above all, a truck that gets really great gas mileage because I am used to 40+ mpg now.

I have no other options in my mind other than Maverick, and that's ok.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There isn't another vehicle that has the same capabilities as the Maverick available. So I'll wait. I've got my piece of crap truck and hopefully the bucket of bolts holds together long enough for my order to arrive.

What sucks is that I need to get it smogged and renew its registration when I'm hoping to get rid of it in by the end of the year. 🤷‍♂️

*LAUGHS IN BRONCO*
You mean like this one?

Ford Maverick How long before you give up? 2021-09-01 13.33.17

Last edited:

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m waiting on my Hybrid for as long as it takes because there isn’t anything else identical to it out there.

If I give up and cancel my order and decide on something else I will be starting the waiting game again and I will be settling instead of getting something I really want.

My Hybrid Maverick will be built eventually. I just need to keep my patience and stick it out. In the end it will be worth the wait.
Sponsored