Sponsored

How long before you give up?

How long are you willing to wait before canceling/ buying something else?

• Total voters

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't even order a Maverick. I'm waiting to see if any kinks need to be worked out in the first gen and if they announce an AWD hybrid version in the somewhat immediate future.

That being said, either my current car going before the Maverick is available or something else popping up could absolutely change my plans. The Maverick is in my mind likely to be one of the best new vehicles introduced in some time, but I'm never wedded to anything. Unless it was a 40mpg, 300hp, portal axle Transit Connect with infinitely better finishing. Then I'd wait.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I voted never give up, but if the Maverick does not show up by next year (highly doubtful with my Oct 4 build week) and Toyota miraculously comes out with a similarly sized hybrid pickup all bets are off. LOL
Same. I'll wait for as long as it takes but if a competitor, Toyota preferably, brings a hybrid truck to market and checks most of the boxes, I will go on having never owned a Ford.

Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a car already so I'm not in the position where it has to be here by a certain time. If anything I can pay down the loan on my trade for another couple of months and have more equity for applying toward the Maverick. I am convinced that the hybrid variation of this truck is a slamming deal and that once they arrive and everyone can get them the prices are going to go up and it'll be something that's not nearly as attractive as it is at the moment. I'm willing to wait for that. It's still hard watching the daily rodeo, but I expected it on a new launch and a pre-order.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I said 1 year but probably less than that. Since this is a need vs want thing for me (want). Truthfully, I just want my $500 back if it's going to sit around in someone else's coffers for that amount of time. If it wasn't for this board and my daily check-ins, I would probably forget that I paid half a grand for nothing.

velvetsMT

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, F250. F350
If I can't have it by February I will replace my current truck with something that will work to hand down to my son in two years and wait for a PHEV for me probably the 2024 model year Maverick

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What else are you guys going to buy? Have you seen car lots lately? You will have to wait with anything else too

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Then you can't really vote, because the question is towards those who have placed orders.
Wow.
Then you can't really vote, because the question is towards those who have placed orders.
No need to get your panties in a bunch. I didnt vote, only commented. Move on!

Sponsored

coxwm2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak 4 Door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the Maverick because it fits my wants / needs. I also have 2 reliable autos, so I was never hoping to have a new car before my current car dies (as some others on this post iterated). I can, and will, wait out the supply chain issues. Drove by the local Chevrolet dealer Saturday. He had 3 new vehicles on the lot. Everything else on the lot is used, there isn't even much there to choose from (and, oh by the way, pay a premium due to the shortage of new AND used cars). I will get the Maverick, at MSRP, when it is ready.

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'm willing to wait. I think my car will be last me for another year to a year and a half. I'm not stressed and if I do need a new one I'll just get a bronco sport.

This is my first choice but I ordered anticipating it wouldn't be here until may. Worst comes to worst i get a 2023 model and maybe a 12 inch screen who knows. But regardless I'll wait until my car now gives out

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am hanging in for my Maverick - Production is just cranking up. We have our orders in since June, July, August and in front of the high demand. Their supplies forecast doesn't match their impending and growing demand. It's better to have placed your order earlier than later. No need to panic unless you need a new vehicle immediately.
We will also be seeing some on dealer lots in the near future. Some will have stock units in production if their allocations are not all sold. I bet they will be $$$ and go fast.
And on another note, sooner or later the chip shortage will be corrected. I bet there will be some great F150 deals when the chips come in. If you don't have a Maverick build date by then, I think Ford would be negotiable on a dusty F150.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will wait. My Maverick is a want, not a need. Not much out there anyhow to switch to. I understand some people 'need' a vehicle, for those I sympathize. I waited 9 months for both my boys, this one will hopefully be half the time.
Sponsored