First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are plenty of wins on this truck, but the interior is not one of them. I'm personally not going to give Ford a pass on that.
Yep exactly, I still love the truck immensely, but the hard plastics on my 06 Super Duty were way tougher. These are ‘soft’ hard plastics 😂
Sponsored

Gghost

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"They" say to take a hair dryer to those scratches and heat them up a bit and they will go away. Also there is "ceramic" wax for plastic that should help so it does not get beat up so bad in the first place.

Olderthandirt

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Traverse,17 F150,13 Camaro, 22 Ridgeline
The rear axle is part of the power train, so would be under warranty longer than the bumper-to-bumper 3yr, 36K miles.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm more surprised that your Maverick has 20,000 miles on it already. That's a lot of driving in a short amount of time. Probably one of the highest mileage Mavericks so far if I'm not mistaken. Regarding those plastics, it's a shame that this happened. That's one of the many downsides of servicing a vehicle at certain dealerships. Chances are they're gonna be very careless with someone's vehicle regardless of what it is and the condition it's in. It's all about getting stuff done quickly and ramping up those service visits to generate their profit with no care in vehicle preservation. Even if they knew the seat was going to be removed, they should've already known to protect the lower plastic portions knowing they're gonna make contact upon removal. Or better yet, just be more careful taking it out in the first place. How hard is that? Although the plastics do easily scratch which is a shame since this was designed to be a work truck for most buyers that are going to inevitably haul stuff and develop scratches. I have a sunshade that I put in everyday and since it rubs against the A-pillars when I take it off and fold it away, there's already a scratch on the passenger side A-pillar. C'mon, really?

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The door panels are just like the ones on my 1964 mustang.
they do not wear well, scratch very easy.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The door panels are just like the ones on my 1964 mustang.
they do not wear well, scratch very easy.
And my 2007 mustang. All plastic... Now my 08 Kia is all soft touch and still looks brand new...

Strokes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘10 Taco, ‘17 Escape, ‘08 Sienna
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mavman85,
are those MOTEGI MR139 wheels on your Mav? Was thinking about getting those when mine comes in.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry, this is a strawman argument. Let me explain.

My complaint isn't that the materials inside are not from a 50-60-70-80k truck. Nope.

My complaint is the interior plastics are worse than anything I've ever seen and scratch incredibly easily. I beat up my last vehicle and it had basically no scratches. The Maverick interior scratches if you look at it wrong.

There are plenty of wins on this truck, but the interior is not one of them. I'm personally not going to give Ford a pass on that.
Anyone have an extra Yugo to drop off at his house? The very definition of cheap...everything!

Mynewst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Burch20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyone is like wow, here's a low priced vehicle, I'm gonna buy it, and then when it is exactly what they bought, cheaper, they complain that it doesn't look like a King Ranch. Come on folks!
EVERY DAY MAN! It has to be all the people (me included) that have never bought a new car before. When you buy used you're expecting a few small signs of wear. In your head you're probably thinking this is a new vehicle so the quality will be that of any other new vehicle. Difference is, the most expensive Mav is the same price as a cheap Ranger.

There's a reason for the saying: Cheap, Reliable, Quality... pick 2.

Burch20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, this is a strawman argument. Let me explain.

My complaint isn't that the materials inside are not from a 50-60-70-80k truck. Nope.

My complaint is the interior plastics are worse than anything I've ever seen and scratch incredibly easily. I beat up my last vehicle and it had basically no scratches. The Maverick interior scratches if you look at it wrong.

If the truck was another $5-10k, it would probably have higher quality plastic. It's the cheapest new vehicle on the market, it's going to be cheaply made.

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well unfortunately I’ve encountered my first round of repairs needed on the Mav. Mine is a 2.0 EB AWD XLT with Lux package. The drivers seat felt a little loose so the seat frame was replaced, as well as a rear axle replacement (not done yet, but diagnosed due to time constraints). My biggest issue however was the damage done to the interior at the dealership after the seat replacement. The notoriously soft interior plastics gained some new scratches on the door sill, center console glovebox, and drivers door panel. Presumably this is from trying to lift a heavy seat out without protecting any of the interior. I’m addition to that the drivers side bolster the fabric looks like it has almost worn through. I’ve had seat covers on these seats from day one, I had the covers before I had the truck. So I’m not sure if this was lousy storage from when they swapped everything over to the new seat frame, but this is definitely a concern to me as well. Before I negativity comment on the dealership involved (which family members have bought and serviced vehicles with for decades, two personally myself) I am awaiting a response from their management team, which will hopefully return favorable results. Please excuse the really crappy photos, my camera phone lens has a crack and dust got in there 🙄

Having said all of that, in regards to the rear axle repair, this was a bit of a concern to me prior to buying the vehicle since I haul heavy loads everyday. Now I’m still well within the payload limits since it’s always around 750-1000lbs of batteries that I carry, but I was always concerned about the cv axles constantly riding at a different geometry. I had, and still do, plan to do a modest lift in the rear to bring it closer to the factory unladen ride specs. However I’m waiting for my warranty to expire before I modify the truck at all. I’m already north of 20k miles on the odometer, so the bumper to bumper portion of the warranty will be over with for me by mid to late summer. The jury is still out on whether or not the independent rear suspension will be a practical long term solution for those who haul closer to the max payload on a regular basis.

But those dang scratches really stare me right in the face😭

1759AE25-F544-4251-BF68-7A70D404FF57.jpeg

62FE4009-54C5-484B-9B16-BE0F43141BA4.jpeg

9A0AAA73-DC98-4EAF-B0ED-8D2642E56AE4.jpeg

954F4FB0-E63C-415F-AFA6-86D5217804F2.jpeg
That would piss me off too. A neighborhood mechanic would treat the truck better then that. Hope it gets resolved for you soon and yes call Ford Customer Service. We're the driving Billboards for not only Ford but the dealerships too. Be nice BUT be vocal, loud when needed and most of all professional but softly demanding. If you don't get what you feel you deserve post the facts on Google Reviews with the pictures too, it'll get their attention:)

Olldladieslovemavericksto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The plastic scuffs if you look at it funny. Unless it's badly gouged, it's really not worth worry about since it'll look just like that in a month or two anyway unless you baby it. Chances are it was already like that when you brought it in. It's fine.

The damage to the cloth on the seat definitely should be addressed.
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. I have grandkids from the ages of 1- 12 in my truck every day. We got toys, we have snacks, and drinks. I wipe everything down and there aren't any scratches on my doors or on anything. So the scratches need to be taken care of. It isn't an oh well that's going to happen situation. Just my opinion.