Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is why I do my own oil and transmission fluid. It's not about cost, it's about reducing my chances of someone messing up my vehicle for something so trivial. Also about reducing the opportunity I have to play this mental blame game stuff when something does seem off.

What do you all think the percentage of visits to a service center are fluids in the first years of ownership? Depending on mileage I'd say it's like 80%. So you could reduce your chances of a lack luster experience by that amount.

Really oil changes are not hard and can help the average person learn a bit more about their engine. Overall feeling less likely to be taken advantage of during other services. When I used to live in apartments there was always a safe space to be found if you look. Friends driveway, secluded parking spot, on my last vehicle I learned to manage a change without jacking it up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update on oil leak... and maybe help someone else in the future.

Brought the Maverick home after dealership said there is no leaks and said they cleaned around the oil filter.

I put some cardboard under the truck and ran the motor for a couple of cycles and no oil so far on the cardboard.

I think after watching a couple of videos of watching people change their own oil... I think when the oil change was done at the dealership recently, the technician didn't remove that plate that was right under the oil filter. The oil from the filter ran onto that plate and has been dripping oil on the drive way.

I think that may have been what they cleaned today. The service manager was very vague.

If this turns out to be the case, it sure wasted an entire day of my time dealing with this and still not 100% the issue is solved. On top of that the dealership originally told me I would need to leave it for 4 days before they could look at.

Will have to continue watching for oil drips for a few days. What a waste of time.
If you are not satisfied and they do not send you a survey, contact them and ask for the phone number to the regional office. They will not want to give it to you, but they have to. Explain to the regional office what happened and they will be contacting the dealership. No dealership ever wants to get a phone call from regional.

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
RE: "Something simple" - could be as simple as the careless grease monkey assigned to the express oil change stall was careless with the bulk oil dispenser nozzle. You just now noticed what s/he spilled.

That is why I do my own oil changes. I hope my Mav never sees the inside of a Ford dealer. I realize not everyone has space to change their own oil.
Yes. The trick is to see if the oil on the ground is clean or dirty/used. That way you at least know if it was old oil like from the filter change or a leak from the engine or gun. Also, if it is clean from the gun there will likely be lots of it all over around the filler cap likely half ass cleaned with a rag.

Jimmyland

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am sorry to hear so many have had bad experiences with the service department at their local Ford dealership. I will never buy another Ford from my local Ford dealership as long as the current GM is in place. Yet, I have an incredible service advisor and receive exceptional service.

I contend that a dealership's service department sells vehicles more than the sales department. I do consider my experience with service departments and independent mechanics before I consider buying the next vehicle.

Nearly everything my wife and I own can be directly attributed to our confidence that we have a great service advisor or independent shop to have the work done.
Service is always the unwritten Underdog of the Organization. Good service is very important.

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update on oil leak... and maybe help someone else in the future.

Brought the Maverick home after dealership said there is no leaks and said they cleaned around the oil filter.

I put some cardboard under the truck and ran the motor for a couple of cycles and no oil so far on the cardboard.

I think after watching a couple of videos of watching people change their own oil... I think when the oil change was done at the dealership recently, the technician didn't remove that plate that was right under the oil filter. The oil from the filter ran onto that plate and has been dripping oil on the drive way.

I think that may have been what they cleaned today. The service manager was very vague.

If this turns out to be the case, it sure wasted an entire day of my time dealing with this and still not 100% the issue is solved. On top of that the dealership originally told me I would need to leave it for 4 days before they could look at.

Will have to continue watching for oil drips for a few days. What a waste of time.
huge waste of time over a careless boneheaded oil changer. Hopefully that guy got a good talking to about this mess. But I doubt it.

Sponsored

XHusker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT AWD Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have to tell you that my local dealership (Brad Manning Ford Dekalb, Il.) has been great to work with. I bought my daughter a used Edge there and knew it would need some work done. They did the work quickly at a reasonable price. I bought my wife a 2022 Escape there and they do all the service work on it. They are open on Saturday so we can get the car in at a convenient time for us. After the great service I did go back and order my Maverick from them.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not sure I like the dealerships answer...

Said they didn't clean something around the oil filter when they changed the oil. I asked about the oil filter seal and he said that was fine, there are no leaks.

Too many little spots of the driveway for it to be something they didn't clean.

We will see...
My dealer always puts 6 qts in, I remind them now and write it on the repair order because I made them remove a half a quart the first time. check your dip stick after oil change if its 1/4 inch over full they put 6 quarts in.

MavMan53

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Reineke Ford in Tiffin, Ohio has the best service department in the USA. I totally trust them with my 2021 BSBL and my soon to be 2024 Maverick.

MavDan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My local Ford dealership ruined my interior so bad that they have to pull the entire dash out to replace some of the plastic they mauled. The tech was either on his last day or disgruntled. He ruined roughly about 60% of the interior plastics, left screws loose, ruined the headliner, F'd up both seatbelts so bad they wouldn't retract, so badly installed the weather seals that in some spots the metal in them were just bent over and smashed, and on and on and on. For 2+ years I have kept the truck flawless. In 1 visit they destroyed it and to add insult to injury, didn't fix the original problems I brought it in for. (Recalls, Deep Sleep, Condensation build up)

OP
OP

BirdDog

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My local Ford dealership ruined my interior so bad that they have to pull the entire dash out to replace some of the plastic they mauled. The tech was either on his last day or disgruntled. He ruined roughly about 60% of the interior plastics, left screws loose, ruined the headliner, F'd up both seatbelts so bad they wouldn't retract, so badly installed the weather seals that in some spots the metal in them were just bent over and smashed, and on and on and on. For 2+ years I have kept the truck flawless. In 1 visit they destroyed it and to add insult to injury, didn't fix the original problems I brought it in for. (Recalls, Deep Sleep, Condensation build up)

That is just terrible. My kids are grown and I purchased my Maverick...it's really just me that drives the truck. I work hard to keep the vehicle in like-new condition.

For some corn hole at a dealership to do that to your vehicle is disgusting. No pride or integrity as a person.

I hope you hold the dealership to fire to make it right.
Sponsored