First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well having had a 2008 Prius and a 2012 Prius and a 2017 Ioniq all I can say about eco mode is it sucks! I have never driven a Maverick so it may be much different, in my 08 the car drove well..fast forward and Toyota is trying to squeeze a few more mpg out of the car and now it defaults to ecoā€¦yuck! Drove like a dog. I had to put the car in sport mode just to keep up, maybe Fords settings are better, and maybe you guys that want that can use Forscan to make that change. Hereā€˜s hoping we all get what we want! Lol At this point I would almost take a bright pink Maverick just to have one! haha
I have a 2018 Ioniq, and can honestly say that I have NEVER taken it out of its Eco mode. I find it just quick enough to meet all my needs and all the driving conditions. Besides, I like the 56-60mpgs in mixed driving and the 68-70mpgs in highway driving too much to do anything different than what I'm doing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Goose..you there?

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2018 Ioniq, and can honestly say that I have NEVER taken it out of its Eco mode. I find it just quick enough to meet all my needs and all the driving conditions). Besides,I like the 56-60mpgs in mixed driving and the 68-70mpgs in highway driving too much to do anything different than what I'm doing.
My reference to the eco mode was directed more toward my 2012 Priusā€¦it drove like a dog in eco. My Ioniq on the other had is twice the car of those two Prius. That is an excellent car and will run like a stripped ape in sport mode. Toyota tried to milk the mpg numbers to make the new model look bette, and made the 2012 just horrible. After my Hyundai I would NEVER go back to another Prius, again it is so much better in every wayā€¦ Hereā€™s hoping the Maverick makes me as happy as my Ioniq!

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Winter tires make all the difference. A FWD vehicle with winters can perform better then an AWD with all seasons. I will be putting a good set of winters on my Hybrid.
If I move to somewhere with icy roads for 6 months out of the year, I'd be tempted to run winter tires year-round. The Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV is rated for 40,000 miles. I'm just concerned about the tires getting too soft/squishy on blazing hot tarmac in the desert.

Maybe a better compromise would be all weather tires like the Michelin Cross Climate 2.

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - šŸŒµ Grey
It was worth the wait, more than 6 months. I've had my truck a week and not a single complaint from me! Is exactly what I wanted & nothing I didnt. I have zero issues to report.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
If I move to somewhere with icy roads for 6 months out of the year, I'd be tempted to run winter tires year-round. The Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV is rated for 40,000 miles. I'm just concerned about the tires getting too soft/squishy on blazing hot tarmac in the desert.

Maybe a better compromise would be all weather tires like the Michelin Cross Climate 2.
You need the climate but buying a set of winter tires equals out over time. Running 2 sets of tires 2x the life. Warm weather destroys winter tires. You can buy all weather tires and get close. They work in ice.

Sponsored

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or

or, I could key my key fob in a lockbox in the truck, use my door press buttons to open the Maverick and press the button to start and go. Iā€™ll always know where my fob is and I donā€™t have to put the key in. Win-win? :)
FYI, if you go this route Home Depot has keyed or combination lock boxes for 8.88. I think they're a special buy right now. I picked up a combination one to store my wallet and keys when we go to the pool, and to store my pistol when needed.

Tonyd322

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As many of us are still sitting here waiting for a build date for our hybrid maverick. Honestly from those that have them are they worth
the wait. What are your likes and dislikes?
I have 27 k and I love it BUT it went completely dead on me twice. Ended up being a bad battery cable. Ive had a recall for the seatbelt and also my exhaust heat exchanger needs to be replaced. I love not having to keep my foot on the brake at red lights. I wish the xlt came with the reverse sensors that beep but you need the Lariat for that.
Despite these problems i Love it. Its user friendly in every way possible. 42 mpgā€™s
and you donā€™t have to climb in the bed to retrieve things. Iā€™ll definitely buy another one.
Sponsored