First Name
felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm on a crazy crusade to add rear parking aid to my Lariat (Latam/chile). I already have all the pieces and studied the wiring and connections needed.
I've loomed and wired everything from the PAM to the rear sensors and to the BMC, including connections to the MCNetwork, following all available diagrams.
So now I need the truck to recognize the PAM (parking aid module). So Im testing electronics but i guess I need to use Forscan for the solution..and its not as straightforward as I thought.

In Forscan I've just tried the obvious configurations on IPC, ACM and PCM but still I cannot get Forscan to detect the PAM (parking aid module).
On the electrical side, following the service manual, I've followed this steps:
- I have voltage on pin 1 on the PAM connector
- Resistance on the negative (Pin 20).
- Next step is to check resistance of the MCNetwork cables (pin 8 and 9).

So a few questions for Forscan experts:
- Any tips on how to add a module? I need to use a config from a truck with PAM? (Lariat lux)
- Can someone share the as built config for the PAM on a lariat lux?
- On another post the PAM is on 736 but its not available in any of my as built modules.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...im-levels-and-options-found-by-forscan.11122/

here you can take a look at the my documentation of changes.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C90z3b61yIUW5kgi9sdIYUgqd22I43ZJc9y-9I1HMfs/edit?usp=sharing
Sponsored

JX77

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux cp360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great work so far! I also have an addiction with adding all available factory options myself. Will be following your progress.

hungliketictacs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick EcoBoost FWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Change the sharing settings on your google doc so others can't edit it on you.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm on a crazy crusade to add rear parking aid to my Lariat (Latam/chile). I already have all the pieces and studied the wiring and connections needed.
I've loomed and wired everything from the PAM to the rear sensors and to the BMC, including connections to the MCNetwork, following all available diagrams.
So now I need the truck to recognize the PAM (parking aid module). So Im testing electronics but i guess I need to use Forscan for the solution..and its not as straightforward as I thought.

In Forscan I've just tried the obvious configurations on IPC, ACM and PCM but still I cannot get Forscan to detect the PAM (parking aid module).
On the electrical side, following the service manual, I've followed this steps:
- I have voltage on pin 1 on the PAM connector
- Resistance on the negative (Pin 20).
- Next step is to check resistance of the MCNetwork cables (pin 8 and 9).

So a few questions for Forscan experts:
- Any tips on how to add a module? I need to use a config from a truck with PAM? (Lariat lux)
- Can someone share the as built config for the PAM on a lariat lux?
- On another post the PAM is on 736 but its not available in any of my as built modules.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...im-levels-and-options-found-by-forscan.11122/

here you can take a look at the my documentation of changes.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C90z3b61yIUW5kgi9sdIYUgqd22I43ZJc9y-9I1HMfs/edit?usp=sharing
Are you selecting an existing vehicle profile when first connecting with FORScan? If so don't. FORScan tries to save some time when connecting to a known vehicle and does not scan the CAN bus for new modules assuming there are not any new ones.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pipots

pipots

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you selecting an existing vehicle profile when first connecting with FORScan? If so don't. FORScan tries to save some time when connecting to a known vehicle and does not scan the CAN bus for new modules assuming there are not any new ones.
just came back from a trip, I'll try this, thanks for the advice!

JX77

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the information and write up! Were you able to finish this project? I am also working on retrofitting park aid. I have it wired correctly and the truck sees the module. I programmed it with the settings from a lariat (I have a 23' XLT). I added park aid to the IPC and ACM, but the PCM gives me no configurable options in forscan just as built. The park aid appears when putting the truck in reverse but only shows grey no matter how close I am to an object. I only have one trouble code: U2100 "Initial calibration not complete" on the PAM. I bought the module new and wonder if it needs some sort of calibration from the factory? Or is there another step I'm forgetting.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I only have one trouble code: U2100 "Initial calibration not complete" on the PAM. I bought the module new and wonder if it needs some sort of calibration from the factory? Or is there another step I'm forgetting.
I've seen that on EPS modules when they haven't had any As-Built data loaded to them. Did you actually program the as-built fields for the PAM?

Last edited:

JX77

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen that on EPS modules when they haven't had any As-Built data loaded to them. Did you actually program the as-built fields for the PAM?
Yes, the module was brand new and I copied over the As-Built for the PAM from a lariat.

OP
OP
pipots

pipots

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hello! @jjx78, actually im a step behind you, i havent figured how to load the as built on the PAM...I've activated the module and settings on the different option with forscan, but havent figured out how to load a setup on a module.. can you share how you did it?
I'm going to check all the modules I activated with forscan so you can check you are not missing something.
At this stage I'm with a check park aid warning on the panel each time I turn on the mav...but havent move any further and I don't see the PAM on the forscan setup.

Sponsored

JX77

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure! I am using Forscan 2.4.10 beta. After connecting the PAM module I did a fresh scan of the truck, you have to click 'no' when it asks if you want to load a previous one. Then the park module showed up in my list to either do a firmware upgrade or change as-built data.

This was the as-built I loaded from a 22' lariat lux hybrid (not sure if hybrid or ecoboost matters):
736-01 -01 4182 3400 80B6
736-02-01 8000 1008 4F27
736-03-01 801E 1E14 0011
736-04-01 0000 0000 0042

IPC enabled:
Park Aid Control Rear
Park Aid Control Rear Blockage
Park Aid Fault Warning

ACM setting:
Park Aid Features = '2' - Rear PAM Only/No SAPP (4-chan)

PCM? I have no configuration available just as-built and made no changes

It's also worth noting that I bought only the park aid harness (NZ6Z-15K868-B) but not the expensive full body harness. I made a harness myself for the PAM and ran the v+, gnd to acc in the footwell fuse box and the 2 data lines to the harness just left of the fuse box behind the panel (GN-OG+ and GY-BU-, 25,26).

The radio display shows the park aid when in reverse but only shows the radar as grey. If I disconnect the vcc the radio no longer shows the radar and the IPC gives a fault warning so I know I'm on the right track. I might just buy a used park module in hopes that it already has been calibrated lol! Hope this helps!

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you done a LIN Module Initialization on the BCM? Edit: Actually, that may not be necessary for the PAM since it looks like it talks exclusively over the HS-CAN2. Perhaps some setting changes in the Gateway Module might be necessary since that manages communication to the IPC on HS-CAN3.

Last edited:

JetFixxxer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat x2, Lux, Co-pilot 360 Assist
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Would like to do this to my wifes Mav.. she doesn't have the parking sensors. Just the cross traffic..

psang.92

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sebastián
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick LARIAT, Ford EcoSport TITANIUM
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
HI Felipe,
Did you finish your project? I'm from Chile to an I want to help us, if you´re agree.
Sponsored