Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Putting together a table of what modules come with which trim levels and options. This will server a few purposes:
  • First it will help us understand the build constraints better to know which modules (and therefore chips) come with which options.
  • Second, for anyone wanting to try and upgrade their Mav to a higher option level themselves, it will show which modules they need to purchase.
  • By comparing '22 modules to '23s we can see what Ford changed
Below is what I have put together so far. It comes from FORScan connection logs from only 4 Mavs and Ford AsBuilt data from other Mavs. The Ford AsBuilt data only includes modules that get configured at the factory. The modules in blue color do not show up in AsBuilt data. They were only discovered by FORScan even though they don't get AsBuilt data.

Ford Maverick Modules included with Trim Levels and Options found by FORScan Mav Modules.PNG

It would be helpful to have FORScan logs for more vehicles. Ford vehicles include multiple communications busses. So make sure you post a FORScan log with an OBDII adapter that supports both HSCAN and MSCAN such as the very good ODBLink EX. You can also post from the cheaper adapters that have the manual CAN switch, but make sure you switch the switch when told to by FORScan.
Ford Maverick Modules included with Trim Levels and Options found by FORScan FORScanConfig.PNG

Ford Maverick Modules included with Trim Levels and Options found by FORScan MavConfig.PNG
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let me know how else I can help.
Lariat Lux, 4k, Eco, CP360

Capture.PNG
Thanks for posting! Looks like no modules are missing from the table. Your TRM Trailer Module module is interesting. I assumed the 4K package with its 7 pin connector that can drive electric trailer brakes would have a different module than the trailer modules that comes with the trailer hitch $100 option. It may be just the name FORScan is showing but they could be different modules.

Can you post the actual part numbers from the modules? It requires going to the Configuration tab. You will have to scroll down and do multiple screenshots.
Ford Maverick Modules included with Trim Levels and Options found by FORScan ForScanModulesD.PNG

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doesn’t fx4 have awd and 6.5 screen?

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is awesome. But it seems a bit odd that the EcoBoost has so many more modules than the hybrid, doesn't it? We kept being told how the Hybrid was so constrained due to the "chips", but this makes a hybrid look easy to build versus an EcoBoost. 15 modules versus 6? I mean, I trust the data. But it blows my mind.

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is awesome. But it seems a bit odd that the EcoBoost has so many more modules than the hybrid, doesn't it? We kept being told how the Hybrid was so constrained due to the "chips", but this makes a hybrid look easy to build versus an EcoBoost. 15 modules versus 6? I mean, I trust the data. But it blows my mind.
Technically the Hybrid is the base model and the EB is the extra cost option. But as far as modules go, the EB has the minimum number of modules. The Hybrid has all the modules of the EB plus the 6 extra modules shown in the table.

Last edited:

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Technically the Hybrid is the base model and the EB is the extra cost option. But as far as modules go, the EB has the minimum number of modules. The Hybrid has all the modules of the EB plus the 6 extra modules show in the table.
Ahh....then the table should be updated to show the same "x" in the Hybrid column as the EcoBoost column, right? It currently makes it looks like EcoBoost and Hybrid share zero modules. Unless I am just being dense.

Really, really awesome post/topic though. I really like it.

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks again for posting. I have updated the first post with the part numbers for your modules.

Now if someone can post the same for a Hybrid, a non-Lariat and a hitch receiver (not 4K) we can fill in the other part numbers.

Sponsored

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not have my XL Hybrid yet, but I was reading in another post that the cruise control “module?” or it’s access, is in the XL truck. It just needs to be configured with Forscan and the appropriate switches added (simplified for this question). So how does the main OP table reflect that? Or should it?

Jwhisl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure if this is helpful or not but the 18b849 cross references to Ford amplifiers and there's a lot of them that share that number. It's listed as a DSP but I bet that's the b&o. m1pt-18b849-am

OP
OP
Automate

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not have my XL Hybrid yet, but I was reading in another post that the cruise control “module?” or it’s access, is in the XL truck. It just needs to be configured with Forscan and the appropriate switches added (simplified for this question). So how does the main OP table reflect that? Or should it?
This is because cruise control does not require any extra modules. The base XL has the capability without any modules, just the switches. You will notice there is not a column for the XLT since the XLT does not get you any extra modules over the XL.

Adaptive cruse control does require an extra module which is shown for the Lariat Lux (CCM).

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is because cruise control does not require any extra modules. The base XL has the capability without any modules, just the switches. You will notice there is not a column for the XLT since the XLT does not get you any extra modules over the XL.

Adaptive cruse control does require an extra module which is shown for the Lariat Lux (CCM).
Got it. Thanks

TrippMe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone back ported adapted CC into a non-lariat yet?

@Automate do you want any more scans for data? I have a XLT, 4k, fx4, lux.
Sponsored