First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wife and I are going to Chicago tonight for a concert - 5+ hr drive. I had my iPhone plugged in to the USB port, listening to the radio.

About 1.5 hours into the trip, I suddenly lost my iPhone connection. We were in a rural area and thought I simply lost a connection.

However, now the radio is stuck on 104.9 FM and won’t turn off. I pulled over, turned off the truck and restarted it, hoping it would reset…. No luck. The volume and tuning knobs aren’t working. It won’t turn off either. Thankfully the volume was at a relatively low setting.

Currently stopped for lunch in Champaign IL. When I turned the truck off, the radio continued playing even after the dashboard power shut off.

Just wondering what’s going on? We’re thinking we’ll stop at a dealership after we eat.

Has this happened to anyone else on this forum???

Thanks….
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
mr mojo risen

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back at our truck….. looks like everything has reset ok. Definitely something we’re going to watch closely.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Found this in the Owner's Manual Pg 383

Resetting the System
1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek up and the audio unit power buttons until the screen goes black.
2. Wait three minutes to allow the system to complete the reset.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Resetting the System
1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek up and the audio unit power buttons until the screen goes black.
My radio keeps playing, after the truck is shut off, until you open the door. Try that next time.

Sponsored

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a weird issue with my wifes Eco that if you have been driving for over 20 or so minutes and stop/get out of the car, the Satellite radio wont work when you start it back up. After it's sat for awhile it will work again. No idea what could cause this but I am less than impressed with Fords Sync3 system so far and wonder what gremlins the Mav version will have. Never once had that kind of issue with Sirius in my 2012. Have an appointment to take it in next month though I think the only solution is to replace the system, assuming they can replicate it.

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wife and I are going to Chicago tonight for a concert - 5+ hr drive. I had my iPhone plugged in to the USB port, listening to the radio.

About 1.5 hours into the trip, I suddenly lost my iPhone connection. We were in a rural area and thought I simply lost a connection.

However, now the radio is stuck on 104.9 FM and won’t turn off. I pulled over, turned off the truck and restarted it, hoping it would reset…. No luck. The volume and tuning knobs aren’t working. It won’t turn off either. Thankfully the volume was at a relatively low setting.

Currently stopped for lunch in Champaign IL. When I turned the truck off, the radio continued playing even after the dashboard power shut off.

Just wondering what’s going on? We’re thinking we’ll stop at a dealership after we eat.

Thanks….
Revengeman01 is correct. The audio keeps playing until you open your door. As for Bluetooth and Apple play/andriod connect, they are buggy...

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks….
Revengeman01 is correct. The audio keeps playing until you open your door. As for Bluetooth and Apple play/andriod connect, they are buggy...

OP
OP
mr mojo risen

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My radio keeps playing, after the truck is shut off, until you open the door. Try that next time.
Made it to Chicago ok. Crazy thing that un- nerved me was that the radio kept playing even after I opened the door. After we had lunch, everything was back to normal. I must have hit a button or done something on my iPhone to make it go haywire.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mr mojo risen

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Resetting the System
Thanks. I left my owner’s manual at home and I was too stressed to google the manual and read it on my phone.

Crisis averted but something I will continue to watch.

Sponsored

bilyjck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf SL plus 2020, Hybrid XLT

Resetting the System
Same problem, just picked up Wednesday. Can't reset because power and seek buttons don't work. Dealer could not contact Ford, now 3 day holiday! Worried battery will die if radio pops on again.

bilyjck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf SL plus 2020, Hybrid XLT
Same problem, just picked up Wednesday. Can't reset because power and seek buttons don't work. Dealer could not contact Ford, now 3 day holiday! Worried battery will die if radio pops on again.
Tried master reset twice. Also connected, fuel door won't open, except with remote pull cord.

ttheroux

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see this an older thread but wanted to know if anyone had a resolution to this issue? My system (XL) also locked up while turned on and has restarted itself a couple of times while driving. I found unlocking the truck with the app made it turn off.

Mikes22Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck just did the same thing tonight.
After turning the truck off the radio continued to keep playing.
Even after opening ther doors and closing and arming the alarm, the radio keep playing at the same volume it was at before.
Nothing would respond even when the truck was turned back on.
No Volume Change, No Power Off, Nothing.
After about 5 minutes it just turned off.

MavJ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sounds like a few of our trucks were built with recycled material from a red and white 1958 Plymouth Fury…
Sponsored