Jd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 chevy sonic, soon 2024 maverick truck xlt ec
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've seen alot of pictures that have tint on the backside of the truck, but my question is there any other front half of the truck? Cause I noticed on web sites some trucks are sporting a full tint.
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One issue is that windshield tinting is illegal in some states. Check your local laws.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen alot of pictures that have tint on the backside of the truck, but my question is there any other front half of the truck? Cause I noticed on web sites some trucks are sporting a full tint.
I tinted my 4 doors plus the rear window of mine with ceramic plus infra red to help lower summer heat build up. I did not choose the 5% tint plus infrared blockage for windshield. In winter I park in day facing sun and in summer park facing northerly to help add or not add heat from sunlight. I did have slightly darker visual blockage on rear doors and rear glass than the front two doors due to Texas visual blockage rules. I may or may not have posted pics.

StarNut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Marvick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is a little tint on the front sides, but not much. I added 35% tint to all the windows. This is not only providing some additional darkness to the windows, but also provides UV and IR blockage. In VA you need a waiver for the front side and windshield tint, but since I have had skin cancers removed that was an easy process. I have 80% on the front windshield; I like that since it eases eye strain some and protects me. Added benefit is my dash will not have the issues of cracks in the years to come.

Sponsored

DinoLord

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XL EB AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only the rear windows come tinted from the factory. If you see the fronts tinted the owner had them done after taking delivery or at the dealership if it's an option.
Front windows absolutely come tinted, it just isn't as dark as most people consider "tinted".

Vettereddie

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Black Appearance Package came with a 70% transmission on the front, 22% on the rear. Not sure about the standard.

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One issue is that windshield tinting is illegal in some states. Check your local laws.
In NYC factory tint on the windows except the two fronts is legal. Once you tint those two fronts they are all considered illegal. I’ve peeled off the two fronts right on the street to avoid a ticket. Then go home and put them back on lol. Still have a roll in the garage 😎

OP
OP
Jdgarrett1970

Jdgarrett1970

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 chevy sonic, soon 2024 maverick truck xlt ec
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Appreciate the advice and information on this. I know here in ky one has to use their drivers license to place against the glass and if the tint is so dark one can't see the print it is illegal tint.so I wasn't sure how much tint came on the truck. When one looks at the build site it shows that there might be tint, so I had to check .This site was the best way to find out. Appreciate your all help

Sponsored

Mervin the Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2019 Hyunda1 Kona, 2002 Chevy S10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Black Appearance Package came with a 70% transmission on the front, 22% on the rear. Not sure about the standard.
Huh?
Not to bug you about your transmission,

but is 70% darker than 22%, and if so, why would the front be higher tint grade than the rears?

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

DinoLord

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XL EB AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Huh?
Not to bug you about your transmission,

but is 70% darker than 22%, and if so, why would the front be higher tint grade than the rears?
The number represents the amount of light allowed through. Lower number, darker tint.
Sponsored