Sponsored

Has anyone else who placed an order in October heard any news?

MAK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum, I just joined this morning. I ordered a Maverick XLT hybrid in cactus gray on October 12th. I've not received any emails other than the initial order confirmation. I was told (somewhat optimistically by my dealer) that mid-January is realistic. But I've been reading on this forum about people who ordered much earlier than me being told to wait until March, April, or even May. My question is, is there a chance I won't get one, that they will meet production/materials capacity and I'll be out of luck? Has anyone else who placed an order in October heard any news? Any information would be appreciated! Thanks.
I ordered on 10/28/21 fwd, ecobst, xlt, lux pkg, moonroof, cpt flr mats, sldr wind, hot pepper red and rec'd build date of 03/14/22 (with verified vin#) on 01/27/22. I live on the Oregon Coast.

TomW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 6
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered an XLT hybrid with Lux and 360 on 10/26. The dealer texted me a few days later saying Ford confirmed everything was good to go. Nothing since but also no contact from the dealer saying builds were cancelled, etc. that others have reported.

I have a reliable car so just plan to sit tight and wait it out.

ArgleZ

First Name
Arian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson SE
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum, I just joined this morning. I ordered a Maverick XLT hybrid in cactus gray on October 12th. I've not received any emails other than the initial order confirmation. I was told (somewhat optimistically by my dealer) that mid-January is realistic. But I've been reading on this forum about people who ordered much earlier than me being told to wait until March, April, or even May. My question is, is there a chance I won't get one, that they will meet production/materials capacity and I'll be out of luck? Has anyone else who placed an order in October heard any news? Any information would be appreciated! Thanks.
Reading all the comments around here I have realized I’m pretty much fucked up, ordered mine on 01/18/22, EcoBoost, alto blue, with the FX4 and towing packages, couple other accessories like the hard roll up bed cover, now seeing all this!! I mean, there are still people who ordered earlier last year and haven’t been even scheduled 😳, I’m 45 year old, and at this ritm I will have my Maverick for my 60 birthday if I’m lucky 😂😂😂😂

ArgleZ

First Name
Arian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson SE
Placed my order on 10/1 and had the Ford Confirmation e-mail about an hour later. Have heard nothing since (did not get the "free stuff" e-mail that many got). When I placed the order, the dealer guesstimate was April/May timeframe. I can't image why yours would have estimated mid-January. That was not realistic at all for a Hybrid (but maybe for a 2.5 and he was just confused). Based on my calling around in late September, the "mid-sized" dealers in my area each seemed to already have 50-60 Mavericks on order (with probably half being Hybrid). At least in Texas, the order pace probably significantly picked up in early October (since we had the State Fair as well as "Ford Events"). You probably should not be surprised with a June delivery (but hope I am wrong and they come out quicker). Since MY23 orders won't re-open until summer, I interpret that to mean that MY22s will be delivered to the early November orders probably in the July/August timeframe.
Hopefully you are right on your calculations, if they will start taking orders in August for the 2023 mavericks, they should complete the orders already placed by or before August this year or not ?

Sponsored

mlshirey

First Name
Michael Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 SuperBeetle 2018 2022 Maverick XL
Ordered 10/8. Got confirmation and a couple calls from the dealer saying no updates, but I'm hopeful. Just yesterday I saw a hybrid in the wild; damn near crashed trying to snag a picture of it, haha. My dealer says they are getting hybrids in. So, I assume it's just a matter of time.
Ordered 10/11 Build 2/14. Panama City Beach. XL Carbonized Gray ECO. Psyched. Of course no ETA but at least my alleged truck order is being fulfilled. Botched launch, Hybrid order coming in August when the door opens. Good luck. I feel slightly better today. I want off this ride!

Sardone

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi everyone,
Same here. I ordered October 13th and have not received any news. I just need to wait!

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just put tires on my current vehicle (Subaru Outback), with runs great, so I'm content to wait. Actually, if they want to roll mine into 2023, but keep the ordered pricing, I'd be fine with that quite honestly. While I'd like a newer vehicle, I don't immediately need one, as my 2012 Outback still runs great. Now if an AWD Hybrid is announced or reliably rumored before my Lariat Hybrid shows up, there will probably be an unclaimed hybrid available at my dealership. - Just saying.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer allocation also contributes to the murky waters of Mav orders. Seems some of you got lucky with pretty quick turnover, I'm guessing due to immediate allocations being available for your dealer. I'm anticipating a late spring/early summer delivery, from my small, local rural dealer, who is probably way down the pecking list for Ford....

Sponsored

Bgenis

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I the same, ordered in Oct 2021 and chatted with ford online regarding my order. No VIN number created yet, so they can not track your order without one. She told me that once im issued the VIN, i can check the status of the build online. Im thinking april, which doesnt make me too happy

brdl04

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oct 22 Order.
XL Hybrid, CP360, Rear Window, Trailer hitch, Splash guards..

Nothing. Not a peep. With w/o 4/11 production being scheduled Ill be lucky to have the truck by July. Absolute insanity.

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I also ordered in Oct. I'm hoping that I see mine in time for birthday in late April, but I'm resigned to getting it whenever it happens. I'm currently driving a 2004 VW Beetle with 202k+ miles on it. It's still running ok, but the list of things needing repair is growing. Thankfully, they are all non-essential items (spoiler motor, windshield wiper pump).

Jarvis138

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Ordered my Ecoboost XLT Oct 11. Picked it up on Feb. 18th.
Sponsored