Sponsored

Has anyone else who placed an order in October heard any news?

Coope219

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Grand Prix
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum, I just joined this morning. I ordered a Maverick XLT hybrid in cactus gray on October 12th. I've not received any emails other than the initial order confirmation. I was told (somewhat optimistically by my dealer) that mid-January is realistic. But I've been reading on this forum about people who ordered much earlier than me being told to wait until March, April, or even May. My question is, is there a chance I won't get one, that they will meet production/materials capacity and I'll be out of luck? Has anyone else who placed an order in October heard any news? Any information would be appreciated! Thanks.
Sponsored

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
Pull up a chair and settle in for a wait, a long wait. I believe that all scheduling for January is already completed.

Crowley Cajun

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same boat Coope. I ordered October 14 but my dealer said March-April build was realistic so that set my expectations. Based on what has been said here and other places I’m sure we will get our Hybrids but will be at end of the line so I’m hopeful for April-May delivery.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pull up a chair and settle in for a wait, a long wait. I believe that all scheduling for January is already completed.
I think scheduling for January is supposed to happen this Thursday, 12/9/21.

Ford Maverick Has anyone else who placed an order in October heard any news? 1638819501696

Ford Maverick Has anyone else who placed an order in October heard any news? 1638819551701

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Actually we saw recently that this Thursday’s scheduling emails will include additional January scheduling and the first week of February.

Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum, I just joined this morning. I ordered a Maverick XLT hybrid in cactus gray on October 12th. I've not received any emails other than the initial order confirmation. I was told (somewhat optimistically by my dealer) that mid-January is realistic. But I've been reading on this forum about people who ordered much earlier than me being told to wait until March, April, or even May. My question is, is there a chance I won't get one, that they will meet production/materials capacity and I'll be out of luck? Has anyone else who placed an order in October heard any news? Any information would be appreciated! Thanks.
As others will say, take a number and wait. Current production rates of Mavs appear to be between 6000 and 8000 per month. IF that holds for the next 6 months, they might not make it through all current orders before summer 2022. Nobody knows the real numbers of orders, production plans, etc, but it seems logical to believe at this point that they will be producing 2022 Mavs well into if not through next summer. Hope for 6 months but expect 8+ from order date.

Mrkosmoo2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Trim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
March/April is realistic. Production capacity will continue to increase and don't be surprised if they adjust from a 40% allocation for hybrids every week to something higher since that is where the demand came in.

Terrenceyao

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus grey 2022 hybrid maverick XLT lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be ready to wait. I have a similar order, hybrid XLT, cactus gray +lux package. I got my order confirmation July 10. I was not one of the lucky ones to get an email last Thursday.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
March/April is realistic. Production capacity will continue to increase and don't be surprised if they adjust from a 40% allocation for hybrids every week to something higher since that is where the demand came in.
Yeah I would expect now that Hybrids are approved (though they've been being built at lower volumes already), they'll probably be building 50/50 at minimum to catch up with the orders. With that said, now that they've closed new orders, they could perhaps switch to primarily Hybrid (Assuming the engine/drivetrain availability) on a more loaded basis to get them into customer's hands, then turn back to EB until end of production for 2022MY.

With that said, what your build includes is as equally important as when you ordered. Post your build details in your signature so we can see if there are any constraints that might slow you down.

Also consider that even if an option you have isn't constrained, having more options could simply mean you're left off the list because 9/10 other trucks had 5 options and yours had 6. My advice here - if the dealer can install it (and it isn't part of a package), take it off your build for an earlier production date!

Sponsored

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, thanks for the information, I figured as much. Here's hoping my 2008 Grand Prix can hold it together until then!
You can always take it to the Pontiac dealer for service if needed... Oh, nevermind.

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyo LC, 1988 911, 2005 STI, 2010 STI, 3 More
Okay, thanks for the information, I figured as much. Here's hoping my 2008 Grand Prix can hold it together until then!
Need a loaner :) (Seriously, good luck with the wait 🤞)
Ford Maverick Has anyone else who placed an order in October heard any news? D806460A-9C60-4699-842E-B26FFB9BE398

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi everyone,
Since you have order confirmation from Ford it's Not a question if you'll get it but when you will get it

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Placed my order on 10/1 and had the Ford Confirmation e-mail about an hour later. Have heard nothing since (did not get the "free stuff" e-mail that many got). When I placed the order, the dealer guesstimate was April/May timeframe. I can't image why yours would have estimated mid-January. That was not realistic at all for a Hybrid (but maybe for a 2.5 and he was just confused). Based on my calling around in late September, the "mid-sized" dealers in my area each seemed to already have 50-60 Mavericks on order (with probably half being Hybrid). At least in Texas, the order pace probably significantly picked up in early October (since we had the State Fair as well as "Ford Events"). You probably should not be surprised with a June delivery (but hope I am wrong and they come out quicker). Since MY23 orders won't re-open until summer, I interpret that to mean that MY22s will be delivered to the early November orders probably in the July/August timeframe.
Sponsored