Sponsored

Hard Folding Tonneau Cover

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Ford Maverick Hard Folding Tonneau Cover 6377EEB7-7C56-4BBE-BC04-9A06151AF6BB

I have an OEM hard rolling cover, but I am in Maryland.
Sponsored

chips46

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2l 2022 ford maverick lariat lux fx4 tow 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered mine from parts.ford sinceI cancelled my bakflip after waiting 3 months. I got my trifold from parts.ford in 3 days. btw it rain its not completely water proof. I see some spots here and there but nothing major.
Mine also had leaks, untill I loosened up the knobs on underside front and adjusted the fit. Now It only has a small amount of water if I fold it up when wet. Service at my dealer did'nt even know where the placement of the drains was supposed to be. I watched the vid on BAK on installing the trifold cover. They explained things very well. No leakage on recent trip. Only needed to lower tail gate. Went through some bad storms and very high winds. No leakage going through car wash, or when I hand wash truck.

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the hard folding tonneau, I'm a little weirded out by driving with it folded against the back window, can't see using the rear view mirror. I like it if it's folded twice and strapped down. Ordered mine October 31, 2021 it came on the truck 3/28/2022.

Ford Maverick Hard Folding Tonneau Cover thumbnail_IMG-2365

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered one from Bison and received it on Monday-- just need the truck to go under it!

I was going to add one to my order from Ford but the Bison price was right (and they're available.)

https://bisontonneaucovers.com/
This is the one I have my eye on but figured I had some time b/c summer's just around the corner. Looking forward to your review!

Mikk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last week I ordered and received (in three days from placing the order) a hard tri-fold cover from Bison in Ajax, Ont. $750 shipped anywhere in Canada. I installed it on Saturday, it seems just like any other tri-fold, even my friend who is a parts manager at a Ford dealership said "it looks just like the Ford cover". There was rain the other day and just like the others it is not 100% waterproof, but only had some minor leakage. The nice thing is that the Maverick has two rubber plugs in the sides of the bed that the drain tubes nicely fit through. I'm happy with my purchase, way better than spending over $1K for other brands from the U.S. or the Ford cover.

Sponsored

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last week I ordered and received (in three days from placing the order) a hard tri-fold cover from Bison in Ajax, Ont. $750 shipped anywhere in Canada. I installed it on Saturday, it seems just like any other tri-fold, even my friend who is a parts manager at a Ford dealership said "it looks just like the Ford cover". There was rain the other day and just like the others it is not 100% waterproof, but only had some minor leakage. The nice thing is that the Maverick has two rubber plugs in the sides of the bed that the drain tubes nicely fit through. I'm happy with my purchase, way better than spending over $1K for other brands from the U.S. or the Ford cover.
Do you know where the leakage came from?

Mikk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, I haven't investigated it. It did rain pretty hard for a while; there was a small wet spot in the bed off to one side where two panels meet. Whether it leaked at the joint or was carried over from the side I cannot say. Others who own tri-fold covers of a different brand say that minor leakage is typical.

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Received mine yesterday but looks like it got beat up in transit. Hoping it's OK, I'll open it up and install after work today. It's the Bison hard cover.. less than $700 on sale shipped

Ford Maverick Hard Folding Tonneau Cover PXL_20220525_232101710

OK Spitty

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine arrived with hard cover installed. 8 month wait.

OK Spitty

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If looking for aftermarket covers try partsengine.ca. I purchased from them for a different truck. Good price, shipping for free in Canada and excellent after sales service.

Sponsored

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the hard tri-fold as part of my order. Don't know that it was worth the price from the factory, but overall pretty happy with it. It rains here pretty much everyday and seems to keep everything buttoned up well. Washed it yesterday and everything stayed dry. Only when I first picked up my Mav was there any water in there, but I have no idea if maybe the dealer sprayed it out during prep.

BIG_daddy_qwerty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Received mine yesterday but looks like it got beat up in transit. Hoping it's OK, I'll open it up and install after work today. It's the Bison hard cover.. less than $700 on sale shipped

PXL_20220525_232101710.jpg
Twinsies! lol

Just got my Bison installed at their office literally today....took around 20 min. Seems great but I havent really gotten around to playing with it or taking photos just yet.

maybe a tip: Better to have 2 people doing the two corner twist lock thing (one person twisting in the bed, the other standing outside pressing down on the end of the bolt thing).

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Twinsies! lol

Just got my Bison installed at their office literally today....took around 20 min. Seems great but I havent really gotten around to playing with it or taking photos just yet.

maybe a tip: Better to have 2 people doing the two corner twist lock thing (one person twisting in the bed, the other standing outside pressing down on the end of the bolt thing).
Nice! I have 2 questions for you..

1. Does yours have any scratches on the surface? I attached some pics. I realize some may be due to the janky shipping box but others look to be just imperfections

2. Did the put they drain tubes anywhere?

Ford Maverick Hard Folding Tonneau Cover PXL_20220526_174432339

Ford Maverick Hard Folding Tonneau Cover PXL_20220526_183335001

Ford Maverick Hard Folding Tonneau Cover PXL_20220526_184258448

BIG_daddy_qwerty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. Nope, no scratches or anything...did come from an unjanky box from the warehouse so I dunno. What I was really checking for was the rubber if there were any cracks or rips. Nothing as well, seems really well built and installed.

2. So here's the thing, they connected them at the top but they're just floppin around at the moment. I might have to investigate which holes are open to use and then get a 3d print / Home Depot tube thing to keep it as tight and hidden as possible. Who wants flappy tubes all over the place right?

Ill update here when I have some more time to take photos and what I decide to do.

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So they ended up giving me the option to either send it back or take a credit for the scuffs and I went with the credit b/c I didn't want to repack it and ship it back. Quick and efficient resolution to the problem! Good job Bison
Sponsored