2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi
I was looking since November to get a soft tri-fold cover. Hard to find in Canada.
I ordered from AutoEQ.ca in November from there web site which indicate they were in stock.
Next day I got an email that said back ordered 4 to 6 weeks. I asked for my money back because I didn't want them holding my money while I waited....and they promptly did.

I emailed them on January 19th and asked if they were in stock. They again promptly replied and said they did and said if I wanted one to place an order on their web site right away as they only had 1 in stock, which I did. It arrived today. Shipping was a bit slower than estimated but with storms, covid and trucking issues I think it was reasonable.

I got a Extang Trifecta 2.0 Soft Folding Tonneau Cover for CA$582.84 delivered.
Sponsored

nickmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi
I was looking since November to get a soft tri-fold cover. Hard to find in Canada.
I ordered from AutoEQ.ca in November from there web site which indicate they were in stock.
Next day I got an email that said back ordered 4 to 6 weeks. I asked for my money back because I didn't want them holding my money while I waited....and they promptly did.

I emailed them on January 19th and asked if they were in stock. They again promptly replied and said they did and said if I wanted one to place an order on their web site right away as they only had 1 in stock, which I did. It arrived today. Shipping was a bit slower than estimated but with storms, covid and trucking issues I think it was reasonable.

I got a Extang Trifecta 2.0 Soft Folding Tonneau Cover for CA$582.84 delivered.
Nice grab! For anyone waiting on putting in an order, i definitely think people should order ahead if a cover is something they want day 1.

I wanted a Bakflip hard trifold tonneau, ordered it 2 months ago its arriving later this week. Now i just need the actual vehicle lol...

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel like you're missing the reality of the supply chain here!

First, these are just starting to be produced - they were limited or pre-order estimated delivery on every truck website, not just Canadian sites.

It isn't like autoeq.ca has a warehouse of tonneau covers. Nor does realtruck.com or tonneaucoverworld or any of the other auto parts sites. They are the front end, taking orders and making a cut to deliver these from the factory to you. They can only provide an estimated delivery because the only promise they can provide is 'we'll ship them to you when the manufacturer has made them'.

So when they said they had one in stock, all that meant was that their inventory showed Extang had one made and ready to ship.

That said, glad you got your tonneau - it is a pain to wait, that is where we all sit when we have a brand new truck and want parts to put with it!

OP
OP
Caper

Caper

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel like you're missing the reality of the supply chain here!
Maybe....but:

I have no idea how they stock their supplies and don't care. However their website said at the time of purchase: "In stock and and delivery would be 3 to 5 days". If they can't provide that commitment as advertised than they are misleading customers. 3 to 5 days is not 4 to 6 weeks.

Second time around I feel they fulfilled our sales agreement to the best of their ability given the current state of transportation. They shipped the day after my purchase so it seems they keep some inventory or had access to inventory quickly.

I chose to buy from them again as they made it right the first time with a quick refund.

My post was intended to let others know that AutoEQ might be an option for Canadians to get this style of cover but maybe they should contact them first to be sure the product is available in the time frame that is acceptable to them.

Maverickgirl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a soft roll-up from my dealer and had it in 2 days! It was $464, but I used my 40,000 points and got $200 off! So only cost me $264

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I ordered a Truxedo Lo Pro from Action Car and Truck Accessories and had it in 2 days (Moncton to Toronto area).
Sponsored