kash

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reading on ford.ca under safety features for this model I see that 'Tonneau Pickup Box Cover - Soft Folding' is included as a standard feature on XLT base. Did anyone order one yet and can confirm if it is indeed included?

Ford Maverick Tonneau Pickup Box Cover - Soft Folding on XLT Hybrid base 1634314462766
Sponsored

Grim_Skunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting, good find... It's also listed under XLT Ecoboost model as well, any Canadian XLT Mavericks out there? Strange that it is not listed on the US site.

bagman51

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer XLT 2011 Mustang Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer called when an XLT Lux 2.0 4K tow landed on their lot in Welland Ontario. It was the same colour (Area51) as the hybrid I have on order. The tonneau covers are in short supply so none was installed on this truck. I ended up buying this unit and cancelling my distant hybrid order. I will be sure to ask about the cover when I pick it up on Tuesday.

Sponsored

bagman51

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reading on ford.ca under safety features for this model I see that 'Tonneau Pickup Box Cover - Soft Folding' is included as a standard feature on XLT base. Did anyone order one yet and can confirm if it is indeed included?

1634314462766.png

1634314462766.png
Picked up my Maverick today armed with a screen shot of the Ford.ca site, showing the tonneau cover was “Standard Equipment” under “Safety”. Dealer pulled up the same info today and the cover is no longer on that list! Any of you guys call them??? NO FREE TONNEAU INCLUDED.

Alex

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I checked yesterday and the info was still there ... Is there a way they can compensate with a credit or something, since at the time of ordering it was included? After you showed him your screenshot ... what did he say?

bagman51

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I checked yesterday and the info was still there ... Is there a way they can compensate with a credit or something, since at the time of ordering it was included? After you showed him your screenshot ... what did he say?
Check it again! At 1:30 today it was removed from the list. Dealer said he cannot give me something that is not there, and only Ford could. Screenshot may be useless but will continue to press Ford for some satisfaction on false advertising? Probably some really fine print somewhere that gives them an out for “errors and omissions.”

Alex

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@bagman51, I've juste checked again for fun ... it's still there under French language.
Maybe your dealer can do something now if you speak a little french ;) Beside that how you like your Maverick after the first week?

bagman51

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@bagman51, I've juste checked again for fun ... it's still there under French language.
Maybe your dealer can do something now if you speak a little french ;) Beside that how you like your Maverick after the first week?
I don’t speak french but there is a large francophone population where my dealer is. I will try again but I do have one ordered.

That aside, this truck is amazing. Takes a bit of learning where the menu takes you for controls , but no worse than my 17 Explorer. Power, handling, braking are among the best I have owned! Very spacious inside, quiet and comfortable. Apple CarPlay works to stream SiriusXM and Google maps for navigation. Particularly love the low centre console and no shifter handle! Lots of interest when I park it! 2 defects noted on pick up were fixed. It was missing a screw from the centre console and a rubber seal on the left outer roof seam rear of cab was not fully installed.

Sponsored

bagman51

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Couvre-caisson is French for tonneau cover.
NOT THERE AS OF 2 minutes ago!

bagman51

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I go to top right menu and scroll down to EN/FR I'm using android google chrome, don't know if that's changing something ...
I see you are in Quebec. Your IP address gives you a different version. Mine looks like a french translation of the english site and the layout is different. If you have a Maverick ordered, try your dealer to include the cover before they edit it out there!
Sponsored