Pope

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic and Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to a video Tim Bartz just put out, those whose truck order gets pushed to 2023 MY will retain their original order date. Therefore, these orders will be at the front of the line, ahead of those who place orders when the 2023 order bank opens up in August.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Pope

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic and Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe it when I see it. Second, if they don't have parts/chips then the wait continues. So we'll see how this plays out.
Yes I'm sure parts will still be an issue for the 2023 orders, but at least you know you'll be at the front of the line.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nowhere does it mention if the cost of the truck will be at the price when ordered, or at the new 23 price which will be at least $1000 more for the upgrades..
It has been stated before that Ford will price protect those 22MY orders. However, if options change and you want to take advantage of those you will have to pay for those.

Edit: Tim had gone over this several times. @fordvideoguy

Sponsored

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an order that will probably get pushed to 23 but I dropped 360 to try and get it in. According to Tim I can’t put 360 back on but can I if it gets pushed to 23?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an order that will probably get pushed to 23 but I dropped 360 to try and get it in. According to Tim I can’t put 360 back on but can I if it gets pushed to 23?
If I understood Tim he said any changes could be made (except maybe (not sure?) Trim level??) and original order date would be kept. Also I believe he said that a constraint was to have either 360 or Lux packages WITHOUT having both. Review closely his coverage of those items!

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
According to a video Tim Bartz just put out, those whose truck order gets pushed to 2023 MY will retain their original order date. Therefore, these orders will be at the front of the line, ahead of those who place orders when the 2023 order bank opens up in August.
From a basic customer service prospective I would think that this goes w/o saying but Ford has done nothing to show they have any knowledge of customer service.

The proper thing to do before they close out MY 2022 is announce the number of rollovers before ordering opens because I would put $ down that they are rolling over sooo many they will need till Jan 01 2023 to finish those. So any new Aug 2022 orders will not hit the system till Jan 2023. At the very least Ford needs to start being upfront from this point on.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dont know Maybe it's good to get pushed to a 23. Hopefully get some of the bugs out, Maybe some new colors, Price price lock-in? Maybe a couple more options. I don't know I've got an XL eco boost all-wheel drive 4K tow package 360 Copilot and push button entry ordered January 15th 2022 from Tim so I'm pretty sure mine will get pushed to a 23 and that's all right with me.đź‘Ť

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From a basic customer service prospective I would think that this goes w/o saying but Ford has done nothing to show they have any knowledge of customer service.

The proper thing to do before they close out MY 2022 is announce the number of rollovers before ordering opens because I would put $ down that they are rolling over sooo many they will need till Jan 01 2023 to finish those. So any new Aug 2022 orders will not hit the system till Jan 2023. At the very least Ford needs to start being upfront from this point on.
Ford as a company has zero experience with customer service. They sell to dealers. Dealers sell to customers. There has always been that buffer. Until recently when Ford decided to do build to order.

Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I dont know Maybe it's good to get pushed to a 23. Hopefully get some of the bugs out, Maybe some new colors, Price price lock-in? Maybe a couple more options. I don't know I've got an XL eco boost all-wheel drive 4K tow package 360 Copilot and push button entry ordered January 15th 2022 from Tim so I'm pretty sure mine will get pushed to a 23 and that's all right with me.đź‘Ť
What do you mean by push button entry?

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This would be a first for Ford. I ordered 251 days ago on June 19th. So there has many people put in front of me already. I think I have a better chance of seeing God do the Macarena then I do at getting my truck anytime soon.

Kmbales

First Name
Katherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid on order, Nissan versa hatchback
When I contacted the corporate office, they were under the impression that the constricted parts, mainly chips, would be back in stock and available to complete ALL orders within the next 90 days. They didn't want to say for sure, obviously. No one will put money on that bet. "The maverick hybrids require 4 chips and no other vehicle being built uses that many" which is why they're more affected by the chip shortage. (Build less broncos and use those chips?)

If your DEALER contacts you about changing your order to remove some of the constricted additions, your "priority level", "place in line" and "order date" won't be affected. They also said dealers get a list of customers to contact to make changes, it isn't necessarily all orders that would need these changes to speed up production.

If YOU contact the dealer and edit your order, your "order date" and 'priority level" will stay the same (unless you change body types/trims), but you MAY go to the "bottom of the queue", however that isn't necessarily going to happen, and it isn't necessarily going to be a big enough delay in the grand scheme to be a major concern. They weren't able to say with complete certainty that your "place in line" will be affected if you contact them with changes.

The dealership said if they change a spray in liner to a drop in, they have to remove any tool boxes and add in a cleat system (which the dealership said is also a constricted addition, but I'm not sure that's right.) I went with no liner and will have added locally. Completely removed bed covers, and protective hood/fender film, with the intention of adding aftermarket. I kept the copilot 360 because that can't be installed afterwards and is an important safety feature.

It's frustrating when these memos are explained well enough that there wouldn't be multiple interpretations. It's hard on customers. I'm a first time new car buyer and I'm anxious about the whole process, trying to stay patient, which is easier when I have all the information. I need reassurance that the process is on track, even if there are delays. Also, I didn't know if specific dealerships are more likely to get orders filled first, such as going to BRANDON FORD in Florida, who are a top seller (if not the top) in Florida vs the smaller dealership I went to. Or that the minimum to reserve an order was so low.

Last edited:

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First time Ford buyer here. Always bought Honda then Toyotas. Dealing with Ford dealers and Ford Motor Company has been an absolute disgrace. Even after buying multiple vehicles they just do not care about the customer.

Hire me, the first thing I would do is fire everyone involved with customers, all orders would be filled on a first come first served basis regardless of the size of the dealership or where they are located.

As a Ford dealer, if you have a bad reputation, have many complaints, treat your customers like a floor mat, your allocation of vehicles will be cut until you improve your ratings.

Not sure why Jim Farley finds this philosophy so difficult.

There is no excuse for customers to be treated this way by Ford or their dealer network!
Sponsored

Last edited: