Sponsored

Good news, bad news. The salesman told me it was damaged and then sold it to someone else!

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Contact Ford Marketing and ask for verification. If they can’t collaborate the story reach out to Mike Levine on Twitter.
He’s very active on Twitter and doesn’t tolerate dealership shenanigans.
Thank you, Ford marketing is my call this morning. I’m also debating about driving down to the dealer to talk with the manager since he will not return my calls.
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you, Ford marketing is my call this morning. I’m also debating about driving down to the dealer to talk with the manager since he will not return my calls.
I understand the desire but I wouldn’t waste all that time and energy on them. Maybe it would give you some closure? If nothing else wait and see if they can provide photos. I’m surprised they haven’t already been sent to you. Obviously assuming it was really damaged.

Last edited:

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please let us know what you find out. I'm betting they did the ADM and sold it, sorry.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Yes, drive there and start pounding on desks until you get the information you deserve.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Too many people accusing the dealership (NOT ALL DEALERSHIPS ARE EVIL) unfortunately accidents do happen and I am sure nobody wants a “repaired” vehicle that had roof damage and I’m sorry for all those mistrusting people that need photos or believe they are selling it out from under you to get extra money (you’ve trusted them & why you ordered here right?). To this post I hope you’re having more confidence in your dealership and that they will do all they can with ford to get your new vehicle delivered asap (production priority). Sorry for your disappointment and hopefully you won’t have to wait too much longer. Please don’t listen to all the “angry” people 😜

Sponsored

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All good points, thank you! No pictures, Ford company on this forum replied that I should contact the dealership manager who doesn’t return my calls, still trying to find the status of the truck and worst of all, I tried to put a deposit on the truck for two weeks and the salesman kept saying he would call me back for the information. They reserved it in my name with my drivers license. I seriously doubt I have any recourse only reviews of the dealership.
Did you order it, or was this originally someone else's or a stock order that someone promised to reserve for you?

Oakland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A couple of thoughts,
I have not read all of the pages of this thread, but I feel bad for you especially getting prepared to make a long trip and having to turn around.
My opinion, I would not want a new truck that had been damaged and repaired. I would be concerned about the replacement paint, fit, and finish matching. I would wait it out for a brand new truck. Maybe this might be a good time to make any changes from your original order such as color of the vehicle or options that you have had time to think about. I wish you well.

Lucky77777

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
It's awful, and now there's no telling how long to wait for it again, with the current supply situation.
I hope you have enough patience and the waiting time will pass quickly for you

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find myself looking for an alternate story to what happened to your truck. It could have been damaged, but I suspect something else happened. Also if they can't give you pictures, that is odd This Forum will put pressure on Dealers who act badly so I think it's worth pushing to get photos and proofs so that it can be surfaced and stop other bad behavior - second to that. I would order from a different dealership in future. So sorry for your troubles

Sponsored

e92miami

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Noby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Too many people accusing the dealership (NOT ALL DEALERSHIPS ARE EVIL) unfortunately accidents do happen and I am sure nobody wants a “repaired” vehicle that had roof damage and I’m sorry for all those mistrusting people that need photos or believe they are selling it out from under you to get extra money (you’ve trusted them & why you ordered here right?). To this post I hope you’re having more confidence in your dealership and that they will do all they can with ford to get your new vehicle delivered asap (production priority). Sorry for your disappointment and hopefully you won’t have to wait too much longer. Please don’t listen to all the “angry” people 😜
You are right, only 99.8% of car stealerships are evil. I'm 50 years old lived in 3 states and I have yet to find a honest dealership.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Serious roof damage is structural damage. No way the dealer or Ford would sell it with a clean title.

My guess would be that Ford is the owner until the truck hits the dealer's parking lot. The roof damaged truck would be returned to the port or shipping storage yard, where it came from.

The truck would ultimately be repaired and sold on a salvage title.

Is it something that can be repaired for you versus getting a completely new vehicle built? Surely there has to be a body shop that can take care of the repair even if it means someone OTHER THAN YOU has to pay out of pocket for it.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
I'm no conspiracy theorist... but this is fishy.

The no pictures thing is likely BS if the truck was delivered to the dealer. They would definitely need pictures to document damage... if only to decide what to do next. The guy at the dealership who receives and checks in vehicles (or a manager) would probably take a pic. Someone at Ford would need to approve the return too, and they would need a pic.

Of course, it could be that the truck driver refused/red flagged the truck before loading it. In that case, the dealer would not have access to pics. The salesman made it sound like the truck arrived at the dealer but they may have been misinformed.

MaverickSVT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Contour SVT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It sure does seem fishy. The most popular truck in USA and also the most affordable and the demand is so high that dealers are marking them up by thousands.

With all the truths I just mentioned above, I wonder how truthful they were with you saying it was damaged?
Sure does seem very peculiar.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
You are right, only 99.8% of car stealerships are evil. I'm 50 years old lived in 3 states and I have yet to find a honest dealership.
Yes, the entire new car sales industry is based on customer deception and shell games. ADMs, "mandatory" dealer installed options, fake "doc" fees, service agreements, long term warranties and financing "deals" are tools used by the dealers to squeeze every possible dime out of customers.

It's no wonder that car salesmen are among the least trusted and respected occupations.

What's the difference between a dead car salesman and a dead rattlesnake laying in the road?

The rattlesnake will have skid marks in front of it.
Sponsored