First Name
SolidWrecks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm working on adding ACC to my Lariat Lux with CP360. Can you share where a good ground is by the passenger fuse box? I'm adding a busbar so when I add things in the future, I don't need multiple grounds and want to make sure it's good for 10-20 amps.
Sponsored

macaroni_life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm working on adding ACC to my Lariat Lux with CP360. Can you share where a good ground is by the passenger fuse box? I'm adding a busbar so when I add things in the future, I don't need multiple grounds and want to make sure it's good for 10-20 amps.
For a hybrid, just run a wire to the battery ground if you don't want to drill a new hole for a screw. It's already in the cab and it should be quite easy to run a wire down the side sills to the back. 10ga should be plenty for 20A at that length.
Amended later due to BMS.

Last edited:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For a hybrid, just run a wire to the battery ground if you don't want to drill a new hole for a screw. It's already in the cab and it should be quite easy to run a wire down the side sills to the back. 10ga should be plenty for 20A at that length.
Do not run ground to negative battery post, per manual, that's where bms is located and additional ground there could affect bms function.

OP
OP

SolidWrecks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SolidWrecks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where do you recommend to ground to?

macaroni_life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do not run ground to negative battery post, per manual, that's where bms is located and additional ground there could affect bms function.
Sorry, you're correct about what the manual says, but that also runs counter to the Hybrid Modifier Guide document, it says to "ground accessories to the chassis or the vehicle battery".

Ford Maverick Good ground by the passenger fuse box? Hybrid modifier guide

I amend my prior post and recommend grounding to the chassis via a new or existing point.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SolidWrecks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SolidWrecks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, you're correct about what the manual says, but that also runs counter to the Hybrid Modifier Guide document, it says to "ground accessories to the chassis or the vehicle battery".

Hybrid modifier guide.png

I amend my prior post and recommend grounding to the chassis via a new or existing point.
So that screw to the left of the panel? I don't know if it's into the body well or not. I'll check ohms to ground but that could change under load.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Agreed. Furthermore, absolutely nothing should ever be permanently connected to the negative terminal. Always a short chassis ground.

For the OP, there's plenty of metal under there. It's almost certainly painted. Just use sandpaper or a brillo pad to remove a dime sized spot and a self tapping sheet metal screw.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Specifically if you're grounding to the battery you would need to make sure it is before the BMS sensor which is adjacent to the post. So basically don't hook any terminals beneath the negative clamping bolt.

Ford Maverick Good ground by the passenger fuse box? hybrid-12v-battery-

OP
OP

SolidWrecks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SolidWrecks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really don't want to run a zip screw into my firewall. Can someone recommend a decent screw that's already somewhere?

Edit ideally near the fuse box

Sponsored

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really don't want to run a zip screw into my firewall. Can someone recommend a decent screw that's already somewhere?
On the center console passenger side remove the side panel. Towards the front of the panel look up and you will see a nut there. It is a 7 mm nut. I have several grounds there.
To left of passenger fuse panel. On console towards front.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Edit ideally near the fuse box
Sounds like someone gave you some guidance but I'm not sure why a new ground bothers you at all when you're about to hack ACC onto your truck. 😆

That's like worrying about spf50 vs spf30 in hell. You're getting a tan either way.

OP
OP

SolidWrecks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SolidWrecks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like someone gave you some guidance but I'm not sure why a new ground bothers you at all when you're about to hack ACC onto your truck. 😆

That's like worrying about spf50 vs spf30 in hell. You're getting a tan either way.
I ended up using the stud with a nut on it to the bottom right of the fuse box with a large ring terminal. It seems to have a good connection to the body.
Sponsored