First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm getting fed up. I read how Ford is developing the Rattler and it may be available first quarter of 22. I read how Ford is now offering the Maverick in Argentina. Meanwhile the Maverick I ordered 4 months ago as of today (a loaded hybrid lariat) has yet to be scheduled to be built. I will be candid, the Santa Cruz is starting to catch my attention. The only reason I'm not telling Ford to go do themselves it's because I want the hybrid. But I am getting fed up.
So basically, you're strongly considering the Santa Cruz because you're fed up waiting for your Hybrid Maverick, yet the Santa Cruz is not offered in a Hybrid. Smart choice, go buy a non hybrid from Hyundai and pay a $5k-$10K mark up on a vehicle that is already overpriced ... so Hyundai can do to you what you want to tell Ford to do to themselves. It won't be a hybrid, but hey at least it's hideous.
Sponsored

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To be fair, it's pretty easy to be confused when you say you're angry in the thread title.
Ummmm...One being fed up and one being angry are two different things... I would presume being fed up could lead to anger. Getting fed up and being angry are two different concepts and it's why there are different words to describe those different concepts. It's a concept people seem not to understand but specific words mean specific things.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
I often times flop around in bed for a couple hours because my aging body is uncomfortable. Other times I flop around in bed for a couple hours because my aging body is uncomfortable, and I start thinking about that Maverick I can't seem to procure, no matter what I try. Do I feel angry? You bet. I feel angry at myself for getting involved with custom-ordering a vehicle during what is certainly the worst crisis I have experienced since the Vietnam war. I was warned by many who are wiser than me not to go here right now, but I let my habit of trading my vehicle every 5 years get the best of me. I even went briefly to that dark place - I wondered if I could live with a Santa Cruz!

The worst thing about it all is not necessarily that I can't seem to make any progress on this, it's that I find myself in a system where accurate information is scarce, unreliable, and likely at times, just misinformation or even lies. I lay fault for this at the feet of two entities - FoMoCo, for it's failed communication system, and my dealer who seems to be doing absolutely nothing to advance my position, constantly saying not to worry I WILL get my truck, and that they have placed a thousand orders for this vehicle, and I have a lot of company that feels the same way. A THOUSAND ORDERS????? There's a line right there I have to wrestle with! They are a large dealer - but a thousand orders? who's the sucker here?

To make things right with myself and reaffirm that I am a mature and intelligent adult, I decided during my nighttime flopping session, to call my dealer next Monday and cancel my order, and be done with the lies and obfuscations, and wait for better times. I was proud of making myself decide to abandon this leaky ship!

Then I got up this morning and my wife talked me out of it. I am gutless and ashamed :-(

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah but can we really know a vehicle is built just because Ford says it is??
Well I was able to ping the modules in my truck using my VIN and sales code. But who knows, it could be fantasy. Some say we never landed on the moon, so....

But yeah, I'm pretty sure you're kidding around anyways @WhoDatFanMan

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2 things.

1. Hey two Cactus Grays are going at it! Lol

2. 2022 Tundra has a hybrid version which prolly the equivalent of 4 Mavericks

Sponsored

WhoDatFanMan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy and 2021 Ford Expedition
Well I was able to ping the modules in my truck using my VIN and sales code. But who knows, it could be fantasy. Some say we never landed on the moon, so....

But yeah, I'm pretty sure you're kidding around anyways @WhoDatFanMan
Me?????? Kidding???? How insulting!! Excuse me now while I go watch football on my Xbox!;)

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So basically, you're strongly considering the Santa Cruz
So basically, you're strongly considering the Santa Cruz because you're fed up waiting for your Hybrid Maverick, yet the Santa Cruz is not offered in a Hybrid. Smart choice, go buy a non hybrid from Hyundai and pay a $5k-$10K mark up on a vehicle that is already overpriced ... so Hyundai can do to you what you want to tell Ford to do to themselves. It won't be a hybrid, but hey at least it's hideous.
Yep, because it's a work truck. I really don't care what it looks like as long as it does what I need to do when I need to do it. Yes I'm attracted to higher mileage of the hybrid, I also like the engineering involved, but it's not my main motivation. Costwise there's a local Hyundai dealer that has a Santa Cruz optioned out very similar to the Maverick I ordered and it's in within $1,000 for the price of the Maverick. And again I don't care if the Maverick is more or less attractive than the Santa Cruz. I own several truly beautiful cars, several classic and modern Jaguars, a C5 Corvette, to name a few examples. I don't need to get my beautiful car fix from a Maverick. If the Maverick is better looking than the Santa Cruz, I could not care less. If Ford does not have a build date for me by the first of the year, I'm done.

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not sure I fully understand the mentality of, "I want it now or I'll go elsewhere". I guess this is just the latest move tday's generation is making away from learned behaviors and things taught years ago. I am patiently waiting for mine to be built, in December as of now, and am okay driving my 15 year old toyota yaris and 88 dodge daytona shelby z. Hell, every month I wait for it is just more money going towards it. I'm okay waiting, and I'm driving a car needing maintenance and a project car with need of just about every part you can imagine.

I guess, to me, if you simply cannot wait, then stop whining and go elsewhere. Seems simple, why post here complaining about Ford... is there some part of you that truly believes whining here will have a changed effect?

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly expecting different results. Judging, wildly, by this definition I'd go on to say that quite a few here are insane.

Random thoughts from my bored self, have a nice day folks :p

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2 things.

My first new automobile was a 1976 Toyota SR5 pickup. I have owned more toyota products than any one deserves. 'Stopped purchasing Lexus when that hideous front grill got bigger and bigger. Went back to a 2016 Hybrid Highlander purposely bought before the front grill exploded on them. Sold 2007 Tundra in 2018 and a 2007 Tacoma this year. I was embarrassed selling them for as much as I did. They are over hyped and over priced. I feel the new Tundra has the ugliest grill ever on a truck. Just my opinion.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2 things.

... And it appears we are both in Arizona! I don't take any of this seriously. That's why I'm amused people think I'm angry... I'm not even in the slightest. Although I knew it to bring the fan boys out.
The hybrid tundra does catch my attention, but at that point I might as well get a Lightning, Riven or continue to wait for the Tesla cybertruck. (I'm on that list) I really like the idea of a smaller truck. I've hung on to my first generation Ranger (1998)for that reason, It's useful in ways my big trucks aren't.

Sponsored

TMFord

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, because it's a work truck. I really don't care what it looks like as long as it does what I need to do when I need to do it. Yes I'm attracted to higher mileage of the hybrid, I also like the engineering involved, but it's not my main motivation. Costwise there's a local Hyundai dealer that has a Santa Cruz optioned out very similar to the Maverick I ordered and it's in within $1,000 for the price of the Maverick. And again I don't care if the Maverick is more or less attractive than the Santa Cruz. I own several truly beautiful cars, several classic and modern Jaguars, a C5 Corvette, to name a few examples. I don't need to get my beautiful car fix from a Maverick. If the Maverick is better looking than the Santa Cruz, I could not care less. If Ford does not have a build date for me by the first of the year, I'm done.
If you like the SC well enough and you're not paying an ADM for it, you should probably jump on it. You could probably break even on trade or sale of the SC and still take delivery of your Maverick Lariat Hybrid when it finally arrives.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What anger? Can one not be fed up without being angry? I'm certainly capable of such, aren't you? Now I will tell you I find condescending fanboy retorts amusing, so thank you for that. But you miss my point entirely, which is to be expected from a fanboy. The reality is they're putting effort into developing the Rattler they're putting effort into sending the Maverick Argentina, but they're not even doing the most simple thing and that is to get the vehicles in a timely manner to the people that have ordered them. And the chip shortage thing... you know if Ford, GM and all had not still use chips straight from the '90s... produced in wafer fabs that were antique 20 years ago, we would not be in this situation. But let's say you're right, it is an uphill battle not of Ford's making.... I know when I have an uphill battle to fight I try to come up with more distractions and more crap to pile on to help me go up the hill.
Also, let's keep in mind the Maverick is not a clean sheet new build. It's basically a parts bin vehicle. Many many if not most of the parts including the platform it's built upon, the engines drive train, and countless other bits and pieces are already available on other vehicles.
Yes, you’re clearly angry. You state you’re ‘fed up’ to the point and telling Ford to go fuck themselves and buying a vehicle you don’t actually want out of spite. Put your big boy pants on and wait or don’t and move on. They’re not going to care.
Fanboy? I haven’t owned a Ford in almost 20 years.
You’re patronizing members on what it means to be an adult yet your petulance illustrates you still have some adulting to learn.
Good luck with whatever decision you make Veruca.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, you’re clearly angry. You state you’re ‘fed up’ to the point and telling Ford to go fuck themselves and buying a vehicle you don’t actually want out of spite. Put your big boy pants on and wait or don’t and move on. They’re not going to care.
Fanboy? I haven’t owned a Ford in almost 20 years.
You’re patronizing members on what it means to be an adult yet your petulance illustrates you still have some adulting to learn.
Good luck with whatever decision you make Veruca.
It's strictly a business decision. Nothing more nothing less. You can think I'm angry all that you want but that's on you not on me I know how I feel about it. I've taken the choice that if I cannot nail this down by the first year I will take a different decision, again a purely business decision. For those who think posting here is a waste of time, if you don't think Ford monitors this site, you may want to give that some more thought because I am positive they do. And if more and more people are getting fed up and posting such on sites such as this, they (Ford) will react.

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Mav 4 moths ago, was told and knew before they told me it would be 4-6 months, my build date is in Dec right at the 6 month frame. Do I like waiting no, but I am not worried or frustrated by it taking what I knew and was told when I started. Plus, I'm 58 and my last truck is 19 years old, so there is a good chance this will be my last, if so the wait is worth getting what I want. At this time there is not another Truck or car out there I would want even if I could get it today at close to what the Mav will cost me.

pointillistic

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Didn't Bronco had/have the same delay in production? Is this a new normal for Ford?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.