Sponsored

Gave up on Ford and bought a different hybrid.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gave up on Ford and bought a different hybrid yesterday. Why? I went to the dealer and found out I was at the bottom of the totem pole for hybrid scheduling at my dealer. July 1st and my order just sits and there are 3 ahead of me. Figuring it will be at least 3 more months minimum before I see a delivery.
I purchased a Toyota Venza for $34500 and it is luxurious, a complete polar opposite in comparison to the Maverick I sat in at the dealer on a training day. I deserve a little luxury in my golden years. Its loaded to the gills with a nice soft touch interior. On a 10 mile evening drive around town it got 52.7 mpg. Speeds were between 30 and 55 mph with 4 large hills in the 30 mph range.

I have not canceled with the dealer and will go drive it when it comes in. If the market is still hot for Hybrids, I might buy it and flip it.

Good luck to every one on their Hybrid Mavericks. Hope they turn as out good as the reviews say they are. Below are a couple of pics of my new ride.
Ford Maverick Gave up on Ford and bought a different hybrid. 20211021_190654 (2)
Ford Maverick Gave up on Ford and bought a different hybrid. DSC_0019 (2).JPG
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn’t even know about this vehicle, looks like a winner. Can it tow a lil bit?

OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn’t even know about this vehicle, looks like a winner. Can it tow a lil bit?
No tow option, i have nothing to tow. If the Maverick drives like this you will be happy.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can't go wrong with any Toyota. So congrats!

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Gave up on Ford and bought a different hybrid yesterday. Why? I went to the dealer and found out I was at the bottom of the totem pole for hybrid scheduling at my dealer. July 1st and my order just sits and there are 3 ahead of me. Figuring it will be at least 3 more months minimum before I see a delivery.
I purchased a Toyota Venza for $34500 and it is luxurious, a complete polar opposite in comparison to the Maverick I sat in at the dealer on a training day. I deserve a little luxury in my golden years. Its loaded to the gills with a nice soft touch interior. On a 10 mile evening drive around town it got 52.7 mpg. Speeds were between 30 and 55 mph with 4 large hills in the 30 mph range.

I have not canceled with the dealer and will go drive it when it comes in. If the market is still hot for Hybrids, I might buy it and flip it.

Good luck to every one on their Hybrid Mavericks. Hope they turn as out good as the reviews say they are. Below are a couple of pics of my new ride.
20211021_190654 (2).jpg
DSC_0019 (2).JPG
I’ve had 2 Toyota Hybrids, a 13 Camry and my current 18 RAV4 XLE AWD which is giving me 35 miles per gallon. I love my Toyota’s and honestly wanted a pick up that wasn’t a million dollars. I chose the Maverick ecoboost XLT… Problem is I added so much it’s going to cost as much as a Tacoma. Live and learn? Hell I’m 71 and should know better.

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen them, beautiful vehicle. Love that color too!

OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen them, beautiful vehicle. Love that color too!
Thanks, the pics don't do it justice. The metallic in it pops in sunlight. It should pop, it's a $425 option. :eek:

Mav_Not

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Fusion hybrid, 16 Focus, 20 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I absolutely love the new Venza but the hybrid models are real scarce (non-existent) in my area. I would seriously consider bailing on the Maverick for one of these and maybe look at a base Mav XL in a few years. I would not want to throw bags of mulch into that nice interior of the Venza, but I have a Ranger for that.

OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I absolutely love the new Venza but the hybrid models are real scarce (non-existent) in my area. I would seriously consider bailing on the Maverick for one of these and maybe look at a base Mav XL in a few years. I would not want to throw bags of mulch into that nice interior of the Venza, but I have a Ranger for that.
All Venza are hybrids and AWD, 2021's are scarce because the 2022 are almost out. See if they have any dealer orders coming in that aren't spoken for. Mine came with a Toyota All Weather (not free) Mat set . The cargo area mat is very nice.

Sponsored

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue

20211021_190654 (2).jpg
DSC_0019 (2).JPG
It looks like they took the old accord hatchback and lifted it a few inches.

Ken

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape and Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations! Looks awesome and makes me question waiting.

OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20211021_190654 (2).jpg
DSC_0019 (2).JPG
Beautiful SUV. Congratulations. I ended up doing the same thing but for a different reason. A few nights back a large deer decided to end its life by running into the front of my CR-V. Totaled.

So I went on the hunt and found a new Toyota RAV4 AWD hybrid that was in my price range. It is in the country and scheduled to arrive at the dealership between 11/8 and 11/15. I hope so. I was happy to wait for my Mav, but such is life.

BTW, it was not easy to find a new vehicle. They are scarce, so I feel pretty lucky.
Sponsored