Missed 2021 Order, Ordered in 2022, Bought a SUV

McSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
I missed out entirely on the 2021 orders. I was in the middle of moving, and when I inquired, the world of Ford had moved on.

I sat through the next year waiting with anticipation to order a Maverick.

I did a pre-order in Florida and when the orders opened, wrangled with the dealership for days to put my order in. I finally got a confirmation.

Super excited.

I ordered a Lariat Lux Hybrid.

I followed-up with the dealership after reading all the doom and gloom on this site (and Youtube), and asked about the reality of long, long waits. The sales guy told me that people from 2021 still haven't got their orders, and I ordered a 2022 Hybrid along with about 80% of all the folks ordering. He said expect next year, maybe mid year. He said he just speculating, though.

My wife and I started looking at alternatives -> Hybrid and Truck -- nothing.
--> Maverick price point Truck -- nothing.
Hybrid, non-plug-in, Maverick price-point -- nothing stood out.

Bottom line, my vehicle had 140k and was needing oil seal work.

I bought a Subaru.

I have the deposit down on the truck, and who knows when it finally is sent to the dealer.

For now, I'm cruising in a new SUV.

Had a Maverick been available, especially at non-Market condition pricing, I'd be driving a Maverick right now.

Oh well.
Sponsored

SpudofIdaho

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Explorer, Future Maverick MY23 XLT Owner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice. I'm in the same boat lol. My car died out of town, and when I went to go pick it up I came back with an f150 lariat months ago. I had the f150 and my dream maverick lariat side by side but the dealer wanted 6k over msrp for the maverick so I waited on that and am trying out the full size truck.

I still ordered a 2023 maverick because of the smaller size, gas savings, and better lane centering but would stay with the bigger truck if it had a better turning radius, good MPG, and 100,000 miles less.

Enjoy your Subaru! I'd love to see when your maverick gets in.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I missed out entirely on the 2021 orders. I was in the middle of moving, and when I inquired, the world of Ford had moved on.

I sat through the next year waiting with anticipation to order a Maverick.

I did a pre-order in Florida and when the orders opened, wrangled with the dealership for days to put my order in. I finally got a confirmation.

Super excited.

I ordered a Lariat Lux Hybrid.

I followed-up with the dealership after reading all the doom and gloom on this site (and Youtube), and asked about the reality of long, long waits. The sales guy told me that people from 2021 still haven't got their orders, and I ordered a 2022 Hybrid along with about 80% of all the folks ordering. He said expect next year, maybe mid year. He said he just speculating, though.

My wife and I started looking at alternatives -> Hybrid and Truck -- nothing.
--> Maverick price point Truck -- nothing.
Hybrid, non-plug-in, Maverick price-point -- nothing stood out.

Bottom line, my vehicle had 140k and was needing oil seal work.

I bought a Subaru.

I have the deposit down on the truck, and who knows when it finally is sent to the dealer.

For now, I'm cruising in a new SUV.

Had a Maverick been available, especially at non-Market condition pricing, I'd be driving a Maverick right now.

Oh well.
You about 150k others. 😊
Sponsored