Not open for further replies.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
All true, but Ford is making a big deal about owner customization for the Maverick, and adding tow hooks is a very common upgrade, and would be super easy for the average person to do if those fake panels on the lower bumper popped out easily and if that rear attachment point was on all the trucks
Ya at the very least it could be an accessory upgrade. Who knows maybe that will be an option in the future?
Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ya at the very least it could be an accessory upgrade. Who knows maybe that will be an option in the future?
Very few people would take the effort to weld that extra support on. Time to start agitating for Ford to make that a rolling change in production.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Hang in there guys because someone will likely develop something for or with tow hooks because this what we do in America!

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remember this isn't a body on frame truck; it's a unibody. So design choices that are a no brainer on a BoF might well be different for this vehicle.

C'mon, it's a sedan with a short bed in the base trim. If you want it to be more trucklike, it's gonna cost you.

GApeach

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can y’all help me understand…. I want to flat tow my Mav behind my RV, the hybrid is cleared to do this per the owners manual.
Question: does this tow hook situation described in the video (thanks for posting it!) have any effect on me being able to put the tow bar plate (once the manufacturers have a template) onto my truck? Or is this a situation related to using the truck to pull itself or another vehicle out of the mud?
thanks!

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can y’all help me understand…. I want to flat tow my Mav behind my RV, the hybrid is cleared to do this per the owners manual.
Question: does this tow hook situation described in the video (thanks for posting it!) have any effect on me being able to put the tow bar plate (once the manufacturers have a template) onto my truck? Or is this a situation related to using the truck to pull itself or another vehicle out of the mud?
thanks!
The front bumper tow hooks are to pull the truck out of the mud, NOT for towing behind another vehicle.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remember this isn't a body on frame truck; it's a unibody. So design choices that are a no brainer on a BoF might well be different for this vehicle.

C'mon, it's a sedan with a short bed in the base trim. If you want it to be more trucklike, it's gonna cost you.
I think it's more that the front bumper looks naked, and the only option Ford provides is the tow hooks on the FX4. Not even fog lights on any trim. So it's disappointing that the customization does not extend to the front bumper.

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I believe that the tow hooks are $ 165 PER SIDE. Maybe the back bracket is included.as this is an accessory.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe that the tow hooks are $ 165 PER SIDE. Maybe the back bracket is included.as this is an accessory.
There's no tow hook accessory listed on Ford's site for the Maverick. Hopefully there will be at some point. Or fog lights

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thanks!
Not to worry Roadmaster, BlueQx, (not sure about Demco) are already working on it here a QUOTE from Roadmaster
"Comments: We are actively searching for this vehicle to pattern a new baseplate. See the instructions and/or the notes below to see what is necessary for you to provide your vehicle for this project."

https://fitmaster.roadmasterinc.com...ears=2022&make=FORD&model=MAVERICK+2.5+HYBRID

Their videos and pdf will help anyone interested in adding "tow hooks" sorry probably no help for anyone hoping to add tow hooks AND baseplate

Sponsored

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Bummer for the tow hooks but looks like very easy to mount fog lights on the front mounting plate.
How would people cut the hole in the bumpers for fog lights without it looking like a diy project? For me fog lights are more useful than tow hooks...

Thx

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Welp. . Perhaps a good mount for aftermarket fog lights.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
People who bought 2.0 AWD FIRST EDITIONS with EVERY option and accessory available still can't put proper tow hooks on their vehicle. How much more money is it "going to cost them" if they are already purchasing a $38k truck?

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The video clearly shows the Unibody attachment points on non-FX4 Mavericks for tow-hooks are missing. Without these mounts the hooks can be used for LOOKS only and not suitable for towing or pulling purposes, which does in-fact defeat the purpose.

Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.