First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You know all sport mode does is alow the wheel turns to be faster and when you hit the gas it gives you a quicker response. From other cars with sport mode I always hated the sport mode. The eco on a rav4 was to soft of a gas pedal press ie it just slows the response time. I actually like the say slipper does the gas pedal I wish it had an eco mode. You can unlock all the srive modes if you edit the software code change a line from 0 to 1. 0 equals mode off 1 equals mode on. That's all the manufacturers do. Turn modes off or on depending it you have hardware installed to run things. So in theory you could take a non fx4 and add sand and mud ruts mode. It's just not geared the same and would be a little different

Hot pepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I like the added options that come with the FX4 package and feel it is worth the $800 option but am bummed it doesn't come with 'sport' mode since after hearing so many positive reviews regarding its peppiness. Would be good to know how much you loose in performance by not having the sport mode option with the eco boost.
The FX4 Package is worth to me. I prefer to have the Sport mode but can live without it, you get a lot for the $800.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You know all sport mode does is alow the wheel turns to be faster and when you hit the gas it gives you a quicker response. From other cars with sport mode I always hated the sport mode. The eco on a rav4 was to soft of a gas pedal press ie it just slows the response time. I actually like the say slipper does the gas pedal I wish it had an eco mode. You can unlock all the srive modes if you edit the software code change a line from 0 to 1. 0 equals mode off 1 equals mode on. That's all the manufacturers do. Turn modes off or on depending it you have hardware installed to run things. So in theory you could take a non fx4 and add sand and mud ruts mode. It's just not geared the same and would be a little different

The thing with driving modes is that they make the vehicle handle differently. When I drive I want to know exactly how it is going to respond before I do a lane change or pass or something. My wife's car has eco and sport modes and I am forever accidentally hitting the button and thus experience random performance depending if it's on normal, sport or eco mode. Nothing like getting used to driving in sport mode, then going to pass and having to mash the pedal down twice as far to get the same response because it's in eco.
Sponsored