First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I rarely change from ECO mode but use slippery or normal mode once in a great while. I notice that when I switch to sport mode I feel a bump in the tranny as if there was a gear change (which I don't think really happens) but is this normal? Seems to work fine in that mode but I am wondering what the tranny bump is all about. Mine is a 4K AWD with 10K on it - averaging just over 28mpg in local and highway traffic.
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you're switching to sport mode while driving (moving), it will indeed downshift (watch your tach). If you switch while stopped, you shouldn't feel anything.

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, what dalola said. I use Sport most of the time unless I am on the highway cruising. To heck with mpgs!

OP
OP

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you're switching to sport mode while driving (moving), it will indeed downshift (watch your tach). If you switch while stopped, you shouldn't feel anything.
I tried it a couple times today when stopped and didn't notice it so maybe it was a fluke. Seems okay shifting while driving and standing still but I'm going to try it a few more times to be sure. I never use sport mode since it has way more power and pickup than I need.
Sponsored