EcoBoost in Sport Mode

LostDude25

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Renegade
Been trying the different settings this first week of ownership and mostly used the ECO mode, but this morning I put it in Sport Mode and DAMN! This thing has some get up and go! Found myself cruising 80-85 mph down the interstate zipping in and out of the traffic and at no sacrifice to the fuel economy. Still holding at around 27 mpg. Real Nice!
Sponsored

RGoose85

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
That's awesome, I'm around 90miles on the clock. After break in period there will be fun to be have 😈😈🤣🤣

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the EB for this reason. Responsible fun! I hate lethargic vehicles.

Is there much turbo lag off the line? Or is the EB immediately responsive.

nathanchrisman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been trying the different settings this first week of ownership and mostly used the ECO mode, but this morning I put it in Sport Mode and DAMN! This thing has some get up and go! Found myself cruising 80-85 mph down the interstate zipping in and out of the traffic and at no sacrifice to the fuel economy. Still holding at around 27 mpg. Real Nice!
That is really encouraging to hear! I was hoping this would be the case. That engine is lively, and an 8-speed auto should allow it to stay in the power band. :)

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
I’m really looking forward to the 8-speed. The 10-speed in my Ranger has a very, very short 1st and just seems to so busy most of the time. Plus, I’m hoping the 8-speed will be a little smoother.

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hoping my boys at Livernois come up with a tune for Mav soon. Coming from an EB F150 with a Livernois tune, I know I will be disappointed with the stock 2.0 Mav, but a future tune would help!

Also, if you're not already, make sure you use 93 gas for top performance. EB's love octane!

davis1d0

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2021 Expedition, 1993 T-bird
I already wrote Livernois about there tuning plans and was told they will watch the market response so if you haven’t hot them up for it.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
I'm still waiting for one of you guys to look underneath and tell me what we're facing to do an oil change
Sponsored