First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ex tanker here, it’s more like .30 to .50 mpg. 504 gallon fuel tank with about 250 mile range on road.
I guess the tanker I talked must have been going downhill with a tailwind! 😆 🤣
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
In honor of Halloween and the annual fun size vs. full size candy debate recently, I had to take some shots comparing my Mav to my dads newly delivered F250 🤣

68C7ABC7-3450-431E-B6F8-DA9A978E012A.jpeg

DADAFD0F-DF73-4F5D-BA2A-A918AF722A57.jpeg

AF50F53F-DC37-4EB4-AB46-4E1DD02A47BD.jpeg

AA4B606D-FA19-473C-BF93-2F9EEB905929.jpeg

C44FD60A-7A8A-4784-84B0-9E76B9891580.jpeg
Great stuff! I am in the process of ordering a Maverick with the FX 4 and 4K tow packages. I noticed you have Toyo Tires, were these from the factory or an aftermarket install ? And what size are they, I could not make that out . Thanks, James Smith , BC, Canada

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Great stuff! I am in the process of ordering a Maverick with the FX 4 and 4K tow packages. I noticed you have Toyo Tires, were these from the factory or an aftermarket install ? And what size are they, I could not make that out . Thanks, James Smith , BC, Canada
They are 235/65/17. I got them from Discount Tire and swapped the stock Pirellis onto my wife's Rogue since it used the same 225/65 and needed some new tires. I debated between Toyos and Falken Wildpeaks and it sounded like the 235 Wildpeaks don't look quite the same as the larger sizes so I went with the Toyos.

I really think it is dumb that Ford makes you lose the black FX4 wheel if you try to do the 235 tire upgrade.

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
They are 235/65/17. I got them from Discount Tire and swapped the stock Pirellis onto my wife's Rogue since it used the same 225/65 and needed some new tires. I debated between Toyos and Falken Wildpeaks and it sounded like the 235 Wildpeaks don't look quite the same as the larger sizes so I went with the Toyos.

I really think it is dumb that Ford makes you lose the black FX4 wheel if you try to do the 235 tire upgrade.
Thanks I greatly appreciate that. Agree it is dumb they make you lose the black FX 4 wheel when upgrading / upsizing from 225 Pirellis to the 235 Falkens.. and that costs $ 1100 extra in Canada (although they list that as for the different wheels with 235 tires as $0 ) What you did was very practical ! Good deal, and the Maverick looks great with those wheels.

Sponsored

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Love the side by sides. I would really like a side by side with an original Ranger or S-10.
I have a 2007 Ford Ranger now , and a Maverick on order. Good idea, I will post a side by side when I get the Maverick. If I can remember to , in the somewhat distant future . ( I have no idea how long it will take to get an XLT with the FTX off road and the 4 K Tow packages, delivered. )

Kmbales

First Name
Katherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid on order, Nissan versa hatchback
In honor of Halloween and the annual fun size vs. full size candy debate recently, I had to take some shots comparing my Mav to my dads newly delivered F250 🤣

I'm unbelievably excited for my maverick hybrid on order. The only photos for a while were promo photos, so it was hard to get scale without a person in the shot. I'm 5"4 and seeing this makes me happy. I won't have to launch myself up to get into the truck and I'll be able to reach into the bed comfortably. I drove the GMC Sierra at my job, and that was always an annoyance for me. It was also a single cab, extended bed, so leaning the seat back to a comfortable angle meant I had to slide it forward slightly too close to the pedals and wheel to have room enough without the seat hitting the back of the cab. I appreciate the photos for scale!

The short bed won't be a problem for me since most of the longer stuff will likely stick out of most truck beds and need to be tied down. I won't be as much help with the obligatory friend assistance "oh, you've got a truck, can you help me move?". It'll be nice to be able to comfortably fit my mom and sisters in when we do our family days, especially since I'll be the one with the hybrid.

In my current 2009 nissan versa (the cheapest of the nissans), a couple of the "I didn't realize how much this would annoy me" things were the location and angle of the AC vents on the dash, almost directly behind the steering wheel, and placed on the slope of the dash so they pointed more upward than at the seats. The cup holders were tucked under the dash. The outlet was in middle where most cars have their cup holders and it constantly got gunky collecting debris. No slide out visors, the bottle space in the doors was too tight and short for any bottle at all, and the trim in the doorways was bulky and created bottlenecks, limiting the amount of things I could fit, even if they would fit inside, they couldn't make it thru the doors and hatchback. I also keep milkcrates to store things, which limits the actual usable space. The maverick is well thought out in these simple but overall important ways to help ensure your driving experience is all positive.

On my mom's Honda CRV, the display is 100% touchscreen, so it's not a simple muscle memory action to turn the volume knob or select presets. Switching between sources is a huge distraction as well since you have to go into so many different menus to get to the right screens. Glad the Mav has a smaller screen with knobs and preset buttons.

This thoughtfulness for both user experience, practicality, and price really make me think this is gonna be a game changer. The market has already responded, with a more diverse range of buyers jumping at the chance. I fit that bill, 31yo woman, first time new car buyer, first time truck owner, city dweller, eco minded.

My sister thought I should wait for the 2nd generation so Ford can work out any bugs and make improvements before I bought one. But even makes and models that have been out for decades have reoccurring and widespread mechanical and design issues. I have no qualms about buying the hybrid now, as my versa is on its way out and I have the cash to buy it outright. Trucks hold their value so well, that I wouldn't hesitate to trade it in if a year model with significant improvements comes out in the next few years.

Let us know how you like the interior, accessories, and driving performance, and road feel of yours!

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The superduty is just ridiculously big. Too much, so unpractical for me.
One good thing is its higher price, that probably subsidizes the maverick in Ford profit goals. :)
I expect a future not too far from now, when electric powertrains and regenerative breaks will offer such larger tow capacity with much smaller trucks.
A maverick size vehicle could be designed to tow 8000-10000 lbs.
The electric trucks will be efficient and will not need to be so large and heavy to go around the cafe standard.
Ps
this guy can pull a train by his teeth so there is hope.
Ford Maverick Fun Size Son vs. Full Size Dad 1637026084673

Jasonmlit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I'm in East Idaho and ordered basically that exact maverick June 17th. My build date has been delayed twice now. Does yours have the spray in bed liner? I'm wondering if that's my delay.

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm in East Idaho and ordered basically that exact maverick June 17th. My build date has been delayed twice now. Does yours have the spray in bed liner? I'm wondering if that's my delay.
Yep mine is spray in (w/ Lux Package not standalone). Ordered 7/9, delivered 9/30.

Sponsored

Jasonmlit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Yep mine is spray in (w/ Lux Package not standalone). Ordered 7/9, delivered 9/30.
Same.... we ordered the exact same truck. Lol. You have great taste. Is this a dealership issue? Lithia in Idaho Falls has been great, but I ordered mine weeks before you.

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Same.... we ordered the exact same truck. Lol. You have great taste. Is this a dealership issue? Lithia in Idaho Falls has been great, but I ordered mine weeks before you.
could be a matter of the allocations the dealer is getting? Although that seems off given how early you ordered. That build seemed like the magic ticket the first week of Retail production.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
I'm unbelievably excited for my maverick hybrid on order. The only photos for a while were promo photos, so it was hard to get scale without a person in the shot. I'm 5"4 and seeing this makes me happy. I won't have to launch myself up to get into the truck and I'll be able to reach into the bed comfortably. I drove the GMC Sierra at my job, and that was always an annoyance for me. It was also a single cab, extended bed, so leaning the seat back to a comfortable angle meant I had to slide it forward slightly too close to the pedals and wheel to have room enough without the seat hitting the back of the cab. I appreciate the photos for scale!

The short bed won't be a problem for me since most of the longer stuff will likely stick out of most truck beds and need to be tied down. I won't be as much help with the obligatory friend assistance "oh, you've got a truck, can you help me move?". It'll be nice to be able to comfortably fit my mom and sisters in when we do our family days, especially since I'll be the one with the hybrid.

In my current 2009 nissan versa (the cheapest of the nissans), a couple of the "I didn't realize how much this would annoy me" things were the location and angle of the AC vents on the dash, almost directly behind the steering wheel, and placed on the slope of the dash so they pointed more upward than at the seats. The cup holders were tucked under the dash. The outlet was in middle where most cars have their cup holders and it constantly got gunky collecting debris. No slide out visors, the bottle space in the doors was too tight and short for any bottle at all, and the trim in the doorways was bulky and created bottlenecks, limiting the amount of things I could fit, even if they would fit inside, they couldn't make it thru the doors and hatchback. I also keep milkcrates to store things, which limits the actual usable space. The maverick is well thought out in these simple but overall important ways to help ensure your driving experience is all positive.

On my mom's Honda CRV, the display is 100% touchscreen, so it's not a simple muscle memory action to turn the volume knob or select presets. Switching between sources is a huge distraction as well since you have to go into so many different menus to get to the right screens. Glad the Mav has a smaller screen with knobs and preset buttons.

This thoughtfulness for both user experience, practicality, and price really make me think this is gonna be a game changer. The market has already responded, with a more diverse range of buyers jumping at the chance. I fit that bill, 31yo woman, first time new car buyer, first time truck owner, city dweller, eco minded.

My sister thought I should wait for the 2nd generation so Ford can work out any bugs and make improvements before I bought one. But even makes and models that have been out for decades have reoccurring and widespread mechanical and design issues. I have no qualms about buying the hybrid now, as my versa is on its way out and I have the cash to buy it outright. Trucks hold their value so well, that I wouldn't hesitate to trade it in if a year model with significant improvements comes out in the next few years.

Let us know how you like the interior, accessories, and driving performance, and road feel of yours!
The Hybrid system...is a proven winner! No worries there!
As long as fit and finish are good and they keep the software updated....should be a solid reliable unit!
Looking forward to our first Hybrid...

Dloz956

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

Might be a dumb question but how did you get the FX4 decal all black? Have only seen them with the Red and black
Sponsored