pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is a great pic side by side with cactus! I really do like A51 a lot, but I ended up with Cactus because on the truck there was just too much blue for me. If I were buying a bronco or bronco sport, where there is more black/grey contrasting trim A51 wins hands-down. If I splurged for the First Edition, A51 would easily by the right choice with the decals and contrasting roof. A great color...I am just a sucker for creamy/matte grey tones!

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man these pics are making me jones a Bronco, but I know I’d hate the payment and pump price.
Who wouldn't like a badass Bronco? But yeah, I'm looking for a sweet-spot vehicle and can't rationalize a Bronco on so many levels.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who wouldn't like a badass Bronco? But yeah, I'm looking for a sweet-spot vehicle and can't rationalize a Bronco on so many levels.
Yeah, we have a 2-door on order and cannot justify it at all. Our spec doesn’t really tow, not a lot of cargo space, gas mileage is meh….but we are still really excited about it. 😆

Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Area 51 is really throwing me off. In some pics, it looks like a really soft, robin egg blue, and then in some pics like this, it looks grey/blue, which is what I want.

I’m really having a tough time between this and Alto Blue.

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Unfortunately not many have seen the Bronco in person. I’d rather see it next to a Bronco Sport IMO.

Cleveland-Native

First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Ranger, 2009 VW Jetta
Area 51 is really throwing me off. In some pics, it looks like a really soft, robin egg blue, and then in some pics like this, it looks grey/blue, which is what I want.

I saw an area 51 bronco in person and to me it definitely looked more of a grey blue than robin egg. You might be able to see the color on a bronco sport if they have any at your local dealers

Sponsored

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

So many of the pictures are generated with rendering software for the best possible light source shadow (like in the first image here)
I have ordered area51 but Alto Blue is so elegant/rich/special. worth the extra $$$?

You are making me reconsider things..maybe because I am looking at the area51 for months that I got tired of it as I had it already, and now I need a "new" vehicle :)

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick vs Bronco size comparison & Area 51 vs Cactus Gray 1628212251033

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick vs Bronco size comparison & Area 51 vs Cactus Gray 1628212270094

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick vs Bronco size comparison & Area 51 vs Cactus Gray 1628213049817

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick vs Bronco size comparison & Area 51 vs Cactus Gray 1628213135814

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately not many have seen the Bronco in person. I’d rather see it next to a Bronco Sport IMO.
Seen 'em both in the dealership when I ordered my Maverick

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
So many of teh pictures are generated with computer rendering software for the best possible light source shadow (like in the first image here)
I have ordered area51 but Alto Blue is so elegant/rich/special. worth the extra $$$?

You are making me reconsider things..maybe because I am looking at the area51 for months that I got tired of it as I had it already, and now I need a "new" vehicle :)

1628212251033.png

1628212270094.png

See, the first pic? Love. The second pic? Ehhhh.

The pic I attached is my order and I LOVE the color in this pic, but I also love dark colors and that Alto Blue is classy.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick vs Bronco size comparison & Area 51 vs Cactus Gray 862E00A6-15E5-4E88-B031-79A1088F57F1

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98

I have only seen each color in pics. The Alto Blue is gorgeous. I have a 2013 F150 in Blue Flame Metallic (which is also a dark Blue tone) and it looks the same in all lighting conditions.
I'm going with Area 51 since it does change character. I spotted a new Subie in a similar blue (to area 51) parked in partial shade and it really stood out as beautiful.
Maybe flip a coin to decide!

First Name
Millie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford EcoSport
That is a great pic side by side with cactus! I really do like A51 a lot, but I ended up with Cactus because on the truck there was just too much blue for me. If I were buying a bronco or bronco sport, where there is more black/grey contrasting trim A51 wins hands-down. If I splurged for the First Edition, A51 would easily by the right choice with the decals and contrasting roof. A great color...I am just a sucker for creamy/matte grey tones!
I ordered the Area 51 paint for my Maverick XLT because it looked closest to the "Battleship Grey" I saw on a new F150. It really IS a pretty color, but I will pout if it turns out Carolina blue!
Sponsored