psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a Fumoto drain plug. The F107SX. The website says that it fits the maverick without the 1/2 inch adapter. It will fit, but extends beyond the FX4 Skid plate which makes it not a viable solution. I am assuming the felt skid plate will have the same issue.

I contacted the company and sent them some pics. They are sending me a straight F137S with 1/2 inch adapter to see if it will work, but it will be a while until I change oil again. Either way the company has been extremely helpful and pleasant to work with while I try to find a solution.
Sponsored

notjoey

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, C5 Z06, VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have use them on all of my cars. Makes changing the oil much easier!

CMOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
+1

Been using Fumotos for over 20 years. Great product.

CMOS

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No Muss no Fuss And you don't have to Fish the pulg outa the oil tub when you drop it, Not to mention you won't get oil all over your hand and garage floor😉

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a Fumoto drain plug. The F107SX. The website says that it fits the maverick without the 1/2 inch adapter. It will fit, but extends beyond the FX4 Skid plate which makes it not a viable solution. I am assuming the felt skid plate will have the same issue.

I contacted the company and sent them some pics. They are sending me a straight F137S with 1/2 inch adapter to see if it will work, but it will be a while until I change oil again. Either way the company has been extremely helpful and pleasant to work with while I try to find a solution.
Thanks for posting. I had ordered the 137N and when I went to install it I realized it wouldn't fit without the adapter which I didn't have. I was about to order the 107SX but will hold off for now. I'm surprised it extends down so far that it would hit the skid plate. Is the 107SX that much bigger than the 137 plus adapter? Is there no way to position it so that it wouldn't hit (my understanding is the SX series rotates)?

I'm wondering if anyone without the FX4 package can confirm that the 107SX wouldn't clear the felt skit plate as well?

Sponsored

OP
OP

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for posting. I had ordered the 137N and when I went to install it I realized it wouldn't fit without the adapter which I didn't have. I was about to order the 107SX but will hold off for now. I'm surprised it extends down so far that it would hit the skid plate. Is the 107SX that much bigger than the 137 plus adapter? Is there no way to position it so that it wouldn't hit (my understanding is the SX series rotates)?

I'm wondering if anyone without the FX4 package can confirm that the 107SX wouldn't clear the felt skit plate as well?

Here is the 137SX with the nipple facing down. I was holding it on the drain plug where it would sit.

Ford Maverick Fumoto drain plug IMG_0664

this is with the nipple rotated 90 degrees. You can see the valve now sits right at the skid plate. If you would rotate it the other direction it would probably fit, but then there would be no access to the nipple. I don't plan on taking the skip plate off every oil change.

Ford Maverick Fumoto drain plug IMG_0670

Even if it cleared the felt cover would you be worried about something hitting it and breaking it off? I don't know how/where you drive. I thought about just modifying the cover of the access to accommodate the F137SX, but I am afraid that I will have something come up and hit it if it is exposed. I do have some farm driving to do though. More urban or only road driving probably would not be an issue though.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered and was going to install the F137S during my last oc but yeah, wouldn't fit so I ordered the 1/2 inch adaptor. Will post pics when I install it.

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Even if it cleared the felt cover would you be worried about something hitting it and breaking it off? I don't know how/where you drive. I thought about just modifying the cover of the access to accommodate the F137SX, but I am afraid that I will have something come up and hit it if it is exposed. I do have some farm driving to do though. More urban or only road driving probably would not be an issue though.
Thanks for the pics! To clarify - that is the F107SX, right (your post said F137SX)?

How do you intend on doing the oil changes without dropping the skid plate? Are you going to cut an access point? For me, it's not that big a deal to drop the felt cover each time, so that's what I plan on doing. As long as the valve can fit under the cover, I wouldn't be concerned with anything hitting it.

OP
OP

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the pics! To clarify - that is the F107SX, right (your post said F137SX)?

How do you intend on doing the oil changes without dropping the skid plate? Are you going to cut an access point? For me, it's not that big a deal to drop the felt cover each time, so that's what I plan on doing. As long as the valve can fit under the cover, I wouldn't be concerned with anything hitting it.
Yes. 107sx. Sorry.

I returned the 107sx and and going to try the straight short nipple valve and see if it fits. If not I will just drain it the normal way.

when I changed oil the first time it flowed without hitting the drain pan until the very end. Next time I will shove some aluminum foil up there. I did it with the oil filter and it worked well.

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. 107sx. Sorry.

I returned the 107sx and and going to try the straight short nipple valve and see if it fits. If not I will just drain it the normal way.

when I changed oil the first time it flowed without hitting the drain pan until the very end. Next time I will shove some aluminum foil up there. I did it with the oil filter and it worked well.
Maybe the EZ Drain valve EZ107 + Adapter A107 + LN-002 - THREADED HOSE END (90 degree) = workable?

Just rotate the hose end as needed when doing the oil change?

Sponsored
OP
OP

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe the EZ Drain valve EZ107 + Adapter A107 + LN-002 - THREADED HOSE END (90 degree) = workable?

Just rotate the hose end as needed when doing the oil change?
That might work. I have this one coming. Just connect a hose to it. If this one doesn’t fit I don’t have much hope for the EZ Drain. But I like the idea of the rotating 90 elbow. I will keep it in mind. Thanks.
Ford Maverick Fumoto drain plug F60B8100-F84C-4924-BB43-1FBBB4BDFF02

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That might work. I have this one coming. Just connect a hose to it. If this one doesn’t fit I don’t have much hope for the EZ Drain. But I like the idea of the rotating 90 elbow. I will keep it in mind. Thanks.
F60B8100-F84C-4924-BB43-1FBBB4BDFF02.jpeg
Have you received the part yet? I wanted to order one for my first oil change.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Whats the point of an easier drain plug when you still have to do the hard part and drop the skidplates?

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those who are interested ......

Ford Maverick Fumoto drain plug Screenshot_20220529-070702_Yahoo Mail
Sponsored