First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In anticipation of having to replace order my truck on Aug 2nd I am considering dropping the full size spare. I understand now that the full size spare is not really full size at all. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your money, your call.
But no, it is NOT the same size as the rest of the tires.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Full size spare 2C2D3524-4C16-42B1-9BE1-C036ABA6B9CB
“full size spare” size

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was just playing around with the new build numbers out of curiosity but I think it came with any package I was looking at. Still a better option than a doughnut or goo though.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In anticipation of having to replace order my truck on Aug 2nd I am considering dropping the full size spare. I understand now that the full size spare is not really full size at all. What do you guys think?
Yeah, dump the "full size spare." It's not the same size as your other tires anyway. Instead, find someone who's selling their take-off steelies (listed in the marketplace in this forum), and buy one of those.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NJBob

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great Idea thanks. Now I just have to het the truck.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I run a Unique 83 wheel from Discount Tire. Think it's about $100.

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, dump the "full size spare." It's not the same size as your other tires anyway. Instead, find someone who's selling their take-off steelies (listed in the marketplace in this forum), and buy one of those.
I believe these won't fit where the factory spare sits, but that's just something I've read so I take it with a grain of salt.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NJBob

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There another post where the OP had to modify a pointy looking bracket to make it fit. Other posters said it was a safety issue designed to puncture the tire in case of a rear ender. To protect the gas tank.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had "full size" spare on my order too, but decided to remove it when I modified my order removing constraint items last week. Originally I thought it was a great upgrade from the donut type but after realizing it won't allow 5 wheel rotations and has been constrained before I cut it. Same with my SIBL, splash guards and all weather floor mats. Those were all well within my allowed budget so I thought just get em from the factory. Now I just want my truck by end of the year.

A small bonus is my state sets your registration fees by MSRP + adds your options for a drive off price. I saved almost $1k off total price removing the 4 options, so my Reg will at least be a little lower. Taking the small victories when I can...

OP
OP
NJBob

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had "full size" spare on my order too, but decided to remove it when I modified my order removing constraint items last week. Originally I thought it was a great upgrade from the donut type but after realizing it won't allow 5 wheel rotations and has been constrained before I cut it. Same with my SIBL, splash guards and all weather floor mats. Those were all well within my allowed budget so I thought just get em from the factory. Now I just want my truck by end of the year.

A small bonus is my state sets your registration fees by MSRP + adds your options for a drive off price. I saved almost $1k off total price removing the 4 options, so my Reg will at least be a little lower. Taking the small victories when I can...
I have all those constraints too. Although I did not think the spare was one if them. Regardless when I put in my 23 order I will remove all of them. 1k is alot of money when you add up those items.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have all those constraints too. Although I did not think the spare was one if them. Regardless when I put in my 23 order I will remove all of them. 1k is alot of money when you add up those items.
The spare has been in short supply at various times. I'm not keeping a running count of which options are officially declared a constrained item (usually after the fact) and am actually glad new information came to light after I included them in my order. Full Size Spare that actually isnt, mud guards that rub paint off the body, SIBL contracted out off site with potential human errors damaging gas tank causing recall and long waits for new tanks, and floor mats sets that are sometimes constrained were easy removals. The only deal breakers for me were Ecoboost, AWD, and 4k Tow package, so as long as I get those the skinny invoice is NBD for me :cool: Without those the Maverick doesn't check enough boxes for my needs and I would be more interested in waiting to check out the 6th Generation Ranger.
Sponsored