First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So living in Canada I'm a little bit confused by what they mean 'Invoice Price' since here they can't really add insane mark ups, but is invoice price bellow MSRP? If so can I even get 2 dealers competing if the price is set at invoice - 0.4% or they can dip even more bellow that?
MSRP (manufacturer’s suggested retail price) is what they put out as standard price point. Invoice price is always lower and if it is a super large dealershi, they get additional discounts from manufacturers. Here is an important fact to know: dealers actually do not own the vehicles on their lot. They must have proof of selling the vehicle In a timeframe so the manufacturers get their money. My Sister was an auditor. She would go very early to a dealership and inventory all the lots vehicles. If the “loaned” vehicles are not on the lot, the dealership must prove within hours if they had out for loaners/service/etc. She has shut down dealerships in the past that committed fraud by not informing the manufacture the vehicles were sold and floating the money elsewhere. If you want to make a great deal with a car, you can go online and see how long that particular car has been sitting on the lot. The longer not sold, the better deal you can get.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t know Marcus, the dealers will do anything to take advantage of the “new” lines, remember the launch of the Beetle? Some insane buyers were paying thousands over the MSRP, just saying...
I agree that dealers will make all the money they can, I'm just not sure people will pay it for the Maverick. It isn't like the Beetle which was much more anticipated by the general public. Over MSRP pricing tends to happen with special editions and very anticipated models. The Bronco was legendary and returned, but we're they pricing the Bronco Sport over MSRP? They don't seem to be. I just don't think the market would support overpricing the Maverick as most people seem to be interested as it's less expensive than Ford's other trucks rather than a status symbol purchase.

Woody_Finch

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Frontier, 2012 Focus, 2011 Fiesta
If you want to make a great deal with a car, you can go online and see how long that particular car has been sitting on the lot.
Interesting...what's the website(s) this info can be found?

Reactions: Doc

Sponsored

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 Sonata
Engine
Undecided
Thankfully I qualify for x plan, it's 0.04% off invoice right?
Yes, unless the program has changed. But keep in mind there's a $275 "program fee" added back. When I bought my Ranger on the X Plan, it ended up being about $125 over invoice - which included the program fee.

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Which is why I find interesting that every article says ford doesn't expect this to be a big seller, they have the possibility to make this not only an entry car into the brand, but for people like me an entry truck into TRUCKS, I'm sure they expect people getting a Bronco to eventually trade up to an f150, and it if they get the fleet part right, this could be their new crown Victoria...(interceptor)
Why would anyone trade in a Bronco for an F-150? Completely different vehicles w different purposes..

Ford is probably claiming it’s not going to be a big seller to not tip off competition if they have their marketing research to back it up

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Why would anyone trade in a Bronco for an F-150? Completely different vehicles w different purposes..

Ford is probably claiming it’s not going to be a big seller to not tip off competition if they have their marketing research to back it up
Oops Meant to say Maverick 😅

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Am I the only one who tried to google earth a satellite view of the Hermosillo factory to see if they have any trucks parked outside? Anyone live near by to try and sneak a pic? :ROFLMAO:
Interesting, keep on it.

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I the only one who tried to google earth a satellite view of the Hermosillo factory to see if they have any trucks parked outside? Anyone live near by to try and sneak a pic? :ROFLMAO:
Interesting, keep on it.
Interesting 16 month bump... lol... funny to see the comments here about the Mav not likely selling for over MSRP and the talk about Mav's parked in Hermosillo. Thousands there now as well as railyards all over NA, why? Who knows... Trucker shortages, on hold for whatever, and on and on.
Sponsored