thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

Welp No.......the ford really looks like shit. Here are a few, my 2017 Volt (bought instead of the Mav), my 18 Sierra 1500 and some stock pics of a Tacoma, Hyundai Santa Cruz and the Mav for comparison......no comparison really. I still like the Mav, just saying the engine bay is bad, real bad.
1644356111663.png
1644356321653.png
1644356628133.png
1644356436385.png
1644356241292.png
There are engine covers you can order to cover it up.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Isn’t a tach worse than useless on a hybrid? ICE RPM changes independently of your foot on the pedal, the tach would be having a fever dream flopping around all over the place?
I'm thinking a QUAD TACH = Four needles red for ice, white for elec drive motor, blue for motor/gen, green for output tranny gear. Would love to see when motor/gen is changing directions as well as peaking at (20K rpm?). They could market truck as a "TACH-O-MATIC"! but "TACH-O" might hinder that!

Senior Master Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger, 04 and 18 Escape, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't been happy with the " new wave" dial up a gear knob since the first time I saw one years ago on a Chrysler product( Jeep of some kind I believe), but now that the Lincoln dealership near where I work(Ford dealership) has closed and we are getting a lot of Lincolns to work on, I like it better because the push buttons crap they have on Lincolns now is totally not user friendly

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well I am seriously interested in the hybrid as a “second truck” and have gone so far as to make an appointment to order a Lariat in black with the lux package. Using it as a driver and commuter vehicle and keeping my GMC Denali 1500 with the 6.2 V8 primary as a tow vehicle for our travel trailer and ATVs. Been researching this 6 ways to Sunday and I can say there is a lot to like about the whole concept. However there are now several things I really don’t like and they are adding g up for me:

1. What do you mean no fog lights?? Even in the Lariat? Come on…..
2. That shifter looks like it belongs on our Speed Queen washer. Seriously I hate it. It’s ugly, ungainly to use I’m sure and not at all truck like.
3. The power meter thing instead of a proper tach. My wife has an Avalon hybrid and it has that power meter too, it’s a thing you look at initially but after a while you really don’t care, your gonna drive it how you have to drive and efficiently will be what it is. I’d much prefer a tach.
4. I’m pretty tepid on the upholstery on the Lariat esp with the orange.The XLT is a no go for me because they put that light cloth right where stuff gets spilled, it’s gonna look all stained I’m thinking. Plus sometimes I’m dirty for whatever reason and that whole light blue cloth deal is just gonna be a mess I think. why can’t they offer a simple black option across the board? Really the XL interior looks the best but you can’t even get cruise so that’s another thing that kinda bugs me.
5. This whole drawn out BS thing about not allowing journalists to publish drive reviews is very off putting.
6. Mabie the nail in the coffin for me on the maverick idea is the way the engine bay looks. Just finally saw a pic of the hybrid one and man it really looks kinda jumbled up…idk about that, I need to see more pics but so far not impressed there either.

I REALLY want to like/buy one of these but there are more and more things showing up that really bug me. I guess the mani ones are the fog lights and the washing machine knob.
Somebody needs a nap
Sponsored