First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered a 2020 Escape Titanium full digital gauge cluster and plugged it into my maverick, and it worked instantly. No need to do any programming to get it working, however, I'm getting a ton of fault codes from not having a lot of things that the top model Escape has vs my XL Maverick.

I will keep this as updated as I can, but at this moment the biggest issue I've ran into, is the gas gauge is only capable of showing half tank. I had quarter tank when I put the cluster in, and the new cluster was showing an 8th tank. When I filled the truck up, it was showing half tank, and I know it was full.

Update 2/2/2022: I can access call logs, the current music shows up, trip/fuel economy/seat belts work as normal

What doesn't work as of now: Full tank of gas, Calm screen, toggling of drive modes, and cruise only turns on when at a full stop. While driving I cannot turn the cruise control on, but once stopped and turned on, it works like normal.

Ford Maverick Full digital gauge cluster from Ford Escape swap into Maverick PXL_20220201_010652499

Ford Maverick Full digital gauge cluster from Ford Escape swap into Maverick PXL_20220131_210602646

Sponsored

Last edited:

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Damn you XL buyers are cheap af but I gotta give you guys some credit. A lot of you XL owners are willing to tear right into your new Mav and do both physical modifications like this and software modifications through programs like Forscan.

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Damn you XL buyers are cheap af but I gotta give you guys some credit. A lot of you XL owners are willing to tear right into your new Mav and do both physical modifications like this and software modifications through programs like Forscan.
Haha I am cheap! But, I bought the first Maverick I could find off the lot, I wasn't begging and choosing. If it was a lariat, I would have bought it. But this was what I could get October 3rd. I plan on making it better than a lariat, this being on of the upgrades, paddle shifters, being my next upgrade.

RonFetty

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Cummins Ram 5SP, 4-Runner TRDP, TDI DSG VW
Ordered a 2020 Escape Titanium full digital gauge cluster and plugged it into my maverick, and it worked instantly. No need to do any programming to get it working, however, I'm getting a ton of fault codes from not having a lot of things that the top model Escape has vs my XL Maverick.

I will keep this as updated as I can, but at this moment the biggest issue I've ran into, is the gas gauge is only capable of showing half tank. I had quarter tank when I put the cluster in, and the new cluster was showing an 8th tank. When I filled the truck up, it was showing half tank, and I know it was full.

PXL_20220201_010652499.jpg

PXL_20220131_210602646.jpg
I’d be all’s bout this post warranty.

There is likely an adc in the tank that takes that analog fluid level and converts it to digital values for the cluster.

If full is reading out as half tank, there might be a calibration routine you can run on it after a fillup so it then knows to reference full as the new x value

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I am constantly amazed at the creativity of people on this forum! Excellent!

ffoc01

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hyb FE, 2014 Flex
So, you're not gonna like this, but the Escape uses 2 different fuel level senders, the Maverick only has one. On the Escape, the 2 signal inputs are compounded to get the total fuel level. With only one input, the cluster will only ever see the tank as half full.

Some tweaks with ForScan might switch the cluster over to a single input, but I couldn't say for sure. For reference, the Escape's fuel level signal to the cluster is on pins 1, 2, 9 and 10. The Maverick only uses pins 1, 2 and 10.

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, you're not gonna like this, but the Escape uses 2 different fuel level senders, the Maverick only has one. On the Escape, the 2 signal inputs are compounded to get the total fuel level. With only one input, the cluster will only ever see the tank as half full.

Some tweaks with ForScan might switch the cluster over to a single input, but I couldn't say for sure. For reference, the Escape's fuel level signal to the cluster is on pins 1, 2, 9 and 10. The Maverick only uses pins 1, 2 and 10.
I really appreciate your info! That is awesome insight. Now, it SEEMS like it has just shrunk my gas gauge to half of it, so, when it gets to an 1/8 I know I have 1/4 tank. It will be annoying if I can't figure it out, BUT I think that this little inconvenience is worth having this awesome Instrument panel. From the Escape forum that the guy did this upgrade from the 4" screen on his Escape, he just pulled his entire IPC as built from stock over to the digital panel and it worked, SO, I'm hoping that that works, not quite sure I have the balls to do it yet. I'm currently trying to make the paddle shifters from my explorer wheel work, and ordering an escape shifter to go with the new panel with the prndM button.

ffoc01

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hyb FE, 2014 Flex
Actually, after looking at the wiring, if you add a pin 9 and splice it to pin 10 (Circuit VMC11), the cluster should see the one sender as both of its inputs, and you should be OK.

Again, anything done from here on out is on your own, but the Part # for the Ford terminal to go in the empty pin 9 slot is DU2Z-14474-AA
Ford Maverick Full digital gauge cluster from Ford Escape swap into Maverick 1643683420246
Ford Maverick Full digital gauge cluster from Ford Escape swap into Maverick 1643683428295

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually, after looking at the wiring, if you add a pin 9 and splice it to pin 10 (Circuit VMC11), the cluster should see the one sender as both of its inputs, and you should be OK.

Again, anything done from here on out is on your own, but the Part # for the Ford terminal to go in the empty pin 9 slot is DU2Z-14474-AA
Solid! Thank you! I definitely will try programming first, if that doesn't work, I will be looking into splicing these wires! Thankful for this group on here, when I posted in the Facebook page, I got a bunch of comments telling me I'm an idiot, as if I don't already know that. However, the few things I've changed so far could be put to stock within a few minutes if I had any major issues.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should be able to copy your existing IPC settings to the new cluster and it should almost work the same as the stock Maverick one. I've been looking at some Forscan codes across a few vehicles 2020 and up. For the most part they use the same addresses and codes for the same features regardless of how it is implemented for the same item. Clearing the DTC codes afterwards should be good enough and if not run a service reset on the IPC cluster.

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That is amazing. I am OK with my stock display but am impressed by the effort and ingenuity. Just don't swap in a 3cylinder motor! :)

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is amazing. I am OK with my stock display but am impressed by the effort and ingenuity. Just don't swap in a 3cylinder motor! :)
No plans for any motor swaps, I have a garage full of jet skis that get the engine work, just tinkering with some cheap upgrades on the truck that make it more enjoyable for me! But maybe when this thing blows up way down the road it might get a 2.3

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

WOW!!! Now this is something I could upgrade on my Lariat Lux. I will totally do this if you can figure out the fuel gauge and any other bugs that arise.

AWESOME WORK!!!

Is that accurate mileage from your other cluster? I switched my cluster on my Lincoln Mark LT from an F150 Harley Davidson Edition and it brought over the mileage from the donor vehicle.
Sponsored