Front recovery hooks - Non-FX4

pac87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
Undecided
I’ve searched and can’t seem to find a straight answer for a relatively simple question.

Does the non-FX4 trucks have holes or hook points underneath to tow or pull the Maverick. I would assume it does because even if not off road, people get stuck in snow banks, ditches, etc.
Sponsored

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mr Boom 5.0 tried it about a year ago on his Maverick was unsuccessful might look up that video on YouTube.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are recovery holes in the front. It is shown in the manual. Download the manual for more details. I'm on my phone, otherwise would screenshot it for you.

They aren't meant to be used for long term towing, more for "recovery" or tie down on a flatbed trailer.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is the info from the manual.

Ford Maverick Front recovery hooks - Non-FX4 recovery-

Sponsored

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here is the info from the manual.

recovery-png.png
I've never had to recover a vehicle, and I hope I never do, but reading over this I realize I'm completely unaware of what would be on the end of a chain, cable, or tow strap other than a metal hook. What is supposed to connect the winching holes if not a metal hook of some sort?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've never had to recover a vehicle, and I hope I never do, but reading over this I realize I'm completely unaware of what would be on the end of a chain, cable, or tow strap other than a metal hook. What is supposed to connect the winching holes if not a metal hook of some sort?
That is just Ford lawyers covering their butts a bit for when someone impales a bystander with a metal hook to the face. With those small round holes being all you have to work with, there is no ability to use a soft shackle or other non-metal attachment. Unless there are some high end exotic composite hooks out there that could take the weight/load. But a composite hook will impale your head just as fast as a metal one would. I have not done it yet, but I do plan to buy some metal J-Hooks that I can soft shackle to a kinetic recovery rope just in case I am ever REALLY stuck and want to risk it.

If there were somewhere you could wrap around versus having to hook "into" (like those holes), the smart decision is to use something like this soft shackle.

https://www.amazon.com/Caflower-Synthetic-Breaking-Strength-Off-Road/dp/B0B639VMHW

Ford Maverick Front recovery hooks - Non-FX4 71kj-ZgkDbL._AC_SL1500_
Ford Maverick Front recovery hooks - Non-FX4 71JqXbv6BaL._AC_SL1500_

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is just Ford lawyers covering their butts a bit for when someone impales a bystander with a metal hook to the face. With those small round holes being all you have to work with, there is no ability to use a soft shackle or other non-metal attachment. Unless there are some high end exotic composite hooks out there that could take the weight/load. But a composite hook will impale your head just as fast as a metal one would. I have not done it yet, but I do plan to buy some metal J-Hooks that I can soft shackle to a kinetic recovery rope just in case I am ever REALLY stuck and want to risk it.

If there were somewhere you could wrap around versus having to hook "into" (like those holes), the smart decision is to use something like this soft shackle.

https://www.amazon.com/Caflower-Synthetic-Breaking-Strength-Off-Road/dp/B0B639VMHW
Since you have a 4K, how about one of these, and drag it out from the back?

HRG

Ford Maverick Front recovery hooks - Non-FX4 57255_W3

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since you have a 4K, how about one of these, and drag it out from the back?

HRG

57255_W3.jpg
Thats what I have for the back. Haha. But want something for the front in case that's the direction that the recovery needs to happen.

bjwnet397

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve searched and can’t seem to find a straight answer for a relatively simple question.

Does the non-FX4 trucks have holes or hook points underneath to tow or pull the Maverick. I would assume it does because even if not off road, people get stuck in snow banks, ditches, etc.
It does not have them. The ""winch"" holes are not meant to recover/tow just for tie down
Sponsored