Sponsored

Front License Plate or No Front License Plate?

PlanoJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat with luxury package
I’m not bothering with mine, I have plenty of friends that haven’t had a problem with not having one and I like the look without it a lot better.
Sponsored

FDT93

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra, Tucson, 1986 Merkur XR4Ti
The dealer installed the front bracket before I picked up the truck. Doesn't bother me for the truck. But, many years ago when I bought my first car... It was a black 95 Mustang GTS. When the plates came in I drove to the dealership and the sales guy put the plates on for me. I remember cringing when the sales guy smiled up at me while driving self tapping screws directly into the plastic on the bumper.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Told them not to drill my bumper, no way do I want a dumb plate on the front
Haven’t had a front plate since 1995
No issues

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never had a problem with a front plate. And TBH it's not *that* hard to design a front bumper for a front plate. I guess car designers' refusal says more about them than whether or not a state requires it- they absolutely cannot have their design tarnished in any way by putting in an extra bracket.

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As someone who generally doesn't think that he's "special" enough to be above the law, I mounted my plates properly. Sure, there may be times when I disobey a law on principle, but I'm very selective--and willing to accept the consequences. To each their own, of course, but choosing not to properly install a license plate seems like an odd hill on which to plant a flag.

OP
OP
FriscoTXJoe

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As someone who generally doesn't think that he's "special" enough to be above the law, I mounted my plates properly. Sure, there may be times when I disobey a law on principle, but I'm very selective--and willing to accept the consequences. To each their own, of course, but choosing not to properly install a license plate seems like an odd hill on which to plant a flag.
You kinda just said "I break the law but I don't break the law like they do"......

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
I was gonna do that but forgot to tell the dealership so it got installed. It doesn't look bad imo but I get what your saying

davedogg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Jeep Wrangler 2 Door for Mav.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great without the front plates. I asked the tech who installed mine, he said it's a $52 dollar ticket in NJ. He also said he get's pulled over all the time. I'm not that young anymore and have a family. I don't feel like getting pulled over for it lol.

Koybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 A51FE
For anyone interested in both not getting tickets (if the case in your state) and also not drilling, i cut a piece of unistrut and mounted my front plate from the undercarriage, making use of the winching hole, going for a similar "offset" theme as the rear...

Ford Maverick Front License Plate or No Front License Plate? 1651189841996

Sponsored

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Throw your license plate in the front window and call it a day.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For anyone interested in both not getting tickets (if the case in your state) and also not drilling, i cut a piece of unistrut and mounted my front plate from the undercarriage, making use of the winching hole, going for a similar "offset" theme as the rear...

1651189841996.png
Do you have a parts list for this?
Thanks!

Fishin4ladyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, jeep patriot, Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No front plate is right up there with junk hanging from your review mirror for an officers reasonable suspicion to pull you over. Hope you didn't have a beer or two at that point.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1651189841996.png
Looks great! Not sure what parts you used. Can you please provide what parts you used and where I can get them. Thank you.
Sponsored