Sponsored

Front License Plate or No Front License Plate?

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
Debating whether to even install the bracket and put the plate on. My kid has had his car without a plate for 5 years. I had an old Ranger with no plate on the front for over 3. Never a problem. I think the front looks cleaner without it.

I know it's "required".....but so are many other things that just don't happen.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm indifferent about it. I can understand the desire on a high-end car where it might ruin the look. I'm less worried about it here. You might want to ask the dealership what your options are though. Since Texas requires two plates, they might install it as soon as it arrives. (which might be soon)

Reach out and ask them to not put it on, or to wait until your real plates come in. I'd like to hear what they say.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is required in CA and dealer did it before I could pick it up. I would have put it on anyway because it is just one more reason the police or highway patrol can use to pull you over. It looks like it belongs there when mounted.

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I requested to not have mine put on when it got delivered. I don't run a front plate since I like the cleaner look( IL is required) and have not ran a front plate in 15 years(Been driving for 20). I have only had 2 instances where I was bugged about it but it has not resulted in a ticket only a warning.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the front license bracket supplied from Ford myself by drilling only the two bottom holes in the black top portion on the lower grill area and am using small velcro squares to hold the top portion of the bracket.

EDIT: I have attached a copy of the installation instructions.

In the procedure I did step #1 then put the small velcro squares on the back of the bracket over the top two mounting holes then did step #2. I did not do step #3 and in step #4 only did the rivets on the lower two mounting holes.

If Texas ever gets rid of the stupid front license plate law I will remove the bracket and plug the two holes in the black top portion on the lower grill area with a like colored black plug that should blend with the black grill and not really be seen.

Ford Maverick Front License Plate or No Front License Plate? 2022 Maverick - Front License Plate Installation Instructions

Sponsored

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took mine off to tow my GMC Canyon behind the RV and forgot to put it back on. Wouldn't you know I got pulled over by a TX State Trooper and issues a warning for not having my front license plate on. I don't have my plates for the Maverick yet, I have the bracket but still thinking it over trying to decide if there are alternate options for mounting.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ohio just dropped their mandate for the front license plate. I guess the Governor made the decision for me.

Ianhacker

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 hyundai elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In Ontario, it's a 110 fine and 2 points. So mine is getting it. I have bad luck on this type of thing.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine is not on, but I was indifferent on it. In fact, the sales guy specifically asked them not to drill my bumper.

Dunno if I'll put it on, even though it's required in WA...

HerrJavier

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same debate here. Got my truck this week, and dealer didn’t install the front plate, even being mandatory in Connecticut.
Had the Ford license bracket on the back seat, with the hardware to install. Some kind of plastic rivets.

Probably I’ll do it this weekend. Looks nicer with no front plate, and I wish didn’t have to drill the bumper. I may follow the idea from ‘huunvubu’ above, and drill only then bottom 2 holes on the black lower grill and instead of drilling the painted bumper, put the velcro or I’m thinking some neodymium magnets. Maybe overthinking here lol

Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL! Had a trooper equate me having a vanity plate (Native Texan) on for 3 years without ever having the local police say anything about it to "a murder committed three years ago is still a murder" pretty much sealed the deal for me. Not worth the potential hassle of being stopped in the future on a fishing expedition, so I just run both plates now. Used the tow hook bolt connection on the front right of my coupe for at least a more "Euro" look ;)

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The other thing that I will probably do is order a black plate. It will help it blend in with the black bumpers and reduce how obvious it is. I've done this before and really liked how it looked.

OP
OP
FriscoTXJoe

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dealer agreed to not put it on. I am having to fly to Philly to get my truck through Chapman. More on that after I get the truck.

huunvubu, so your plate is in the middle? I guess the symmetrical look is best if I put it on.

Normally law abiding (except the speed limit) so no interest in drawing attention. Gotta think on this one.

To the reply from Ontario, CA....... I think your government is a little more involved in y'alls lives than is comfortable for most Texas folks so it kinda makes sense they would be so punitive if you don't comply. Good luck!

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve gone years without it and it’s required here. Most likely you won’t get pulled over. BUT, it’s like the old “taillight out” reason people get pulled over. Just one excuse to possibly be harassed. 🤷🏾‍♂️

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer agreed to not put it on. I am having to fly to Philly to get my truck through Chapman. More on that after I get the truck.

huunvubu, so your plate is in the middle? I guess the symmetrical look is best if I put it on.
Yes it is in the middle. If you look at Fig 1 in the install document and look at the front area "in the black top portion on the lower grill area" you will see two dimples. That is where you drill holes for mounting the bottom of the bracket.

Mounted the bracket in the middle looks great.

Normally law abiding (except the speed limit) so no interest in drawing attention. Gotta think on this one.
Same for me. No need to draw attention.

Ford Maverick Front License Plate or No Front License Plate? 2022 Maverick - Front License Plate Installation Instructions
Sponsored