First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We use LN2 at work and I have thought up a way of using LN2 to keep the cooling system good and low in the summer, this would be really an advantage in the desert during summer trail running. You can get a small cylinder of LN2 at most welding gas outlets. If you have a closed system with a pressure relief valve at the furthest end of the loop, you can fill it with LN2 and stick that in front of the radiator/intercooler, and it will keep the cooling system cold. You could also use it in the air intake stale air box. Right now I am looking for an old MG or similar import that has a small heater core that I can fit inside the stale air box right behind the intake opening. Put on a regulator that keeps the pressure under 40 psi, and a pressure relief valve set at 50 psi and you have a good little intercooler.
The gas cylinder can be mounted in the bed and a DASH-8 line run to the cooling core(s) that has pressure relief in it. Not sure how long the cylinder will last but probably a couple of weeks. I have a couple of Hayden Trans coolers I will see what pressure they can take and give it a whirl.
Sponsored

Parabellum

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 5.0 (hopefully soon maverick)
Does anyone have an opinion on whether this mod will work or if it is even worth doing? I am referring to the first part of the video where he adjusts the tension on the waste gate actuator. I don’t have any experience with turbos so I don’t want to do anything I will regret.

I had an aftermarket adjustable waste gate on one of my srt4’s years ago. You adjusted a nut which affected how much it would open. It was amazing for the price but a factory one would not work like that. I’d be surprised if they’d even manufacture something like that anymore since most modern booster cars can be tuned easily via a Cobb accessport.