alh01

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Fiesta ST
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was concerned when I read the story from ce2nite. But I had already ordered from Frankfort Ford and the order books were closed.
Here's my story in hopes that Ford looks at these messages and takes some action with this dishonest (close to criminal) dealership.
The truck arrived at the dealership 4/12/22. I scheduled to visit the morning of 4/13/22 to finalize the transaction. Someone took my trade-in for a test drive and I sat with the salesman at his desk. He started showing me rather high interest rates to soften me up. I explained I was only interested in the Ford incentive rates and would pay cash if they were not available. On the day I ordered the truck I had told the salesman I would probably pay cash but if Ford had free money (0%36) I would probably go with that. After an hour or so of the typical salesman leaves to talk to the manager stuff, the finance manager arrives with the final offer.
He will only sell me the truck if I agree to finance with his third party at a very high rate. I insisted that I had a valid contract and was prepared to write a check for the balance due. The real final offer was to take my cash if I paid $5,000.00 over the contract price. The finance manager told me in effect that the value of the truck was much higher than the contract price and his business was slow and he needed to make more money. The contract price was MSRP plus $689.00 Doc Fee.
I'm a retired senior (it hurts to say that) and been involved in many high value transactions in the past. This dealer is by far and away the most unscrupulous I have ever encountered.
To add to the insult, while waiting for my deposit refund I could hear one of the salespeople on the phone offering my Maverick for sale. I finally had to find my salesman outside to get him to get my refund and keys as all the managers had left the sales floor.
For anyone interested look out for VIN 3FTTWF99NRA53108
Call the attorney general for your state immediately.
Sponsored

Dan morgan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10 chevy
I was concerned when I read the story from ce2nite. But I had already ordered from Frankfort Ford and the order books were closed.
Here's my story in hopes that Ford looks at these messages and takes some action with this dishonest (close to criminal) dealership.
The truck arrived at the dealership 4/12/22. I scheduled to visit the morning of 4/13/22 to finalize the transaction. Someone took my trade-in for a test drive and I sat with the salesman at his desk. He started showing me rather high interest rates to soften me up. I explained I was only interested in the Ford incentive rates and would pay cash if they were not available. On the day I ordered the truck I had told the salesman I would probably pay cash but if Ford had free money (0%36) I would probably go with that. After an hour or so of the typical salesman leaves to talk to the manager stuff, the finance manager arrives with the final offer.
He will only sell me the truck if I agree to finance with his third party at a very high rate. I insisted that I had a valid contract and was prepared to write a check for the balance due. The real final offer was to take my cash if I paid $5,000.00 over the contract price. The finance manager told me in effect that the value of the truck was much higher than the contract price and his business was slow and he needed to make more money. The contract price was MSRP plus $689.00 Doc Fee.
I'm a retired senior (it hurts to say that) and been involved in many high value transactions in the past. This dealer is by far and away the most unscrupulous I have ever encountered.
To add to the insult, while waiting for my deposit refund I could hear one of the salespeople on the phone offering my Maverick for sale. I finally had to find my salesman outside to get him to get my refund and keys as all the managers had left the sales floor.
For anyone interested look out for VIN 3FTTWF99NRA53108
If you had a purchase contract, money down,a Vin in your name,he can not raise the price...that's a contract...I would explain he would be talking to my lawyer...a contract is a contract .what within the four corners of the paper.......he can't raise the price by law....also FORD said they can not do that....I would get a lawyer and get compensation for your wait time and he would lose more than 5,000.00.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried to be brief as possible with my original post and cover the deceitful tactics of this dealer . I have two sale documents, one I believe is a DORA the other is the dealers contract of sale that includes MSRP fax and fees. I got regular emails from Ford with status updates. Production for my Lariat AWD was scheduled quickly and arrived two days before the early estimate. Thankyou Ford, sorry to all of you who have not had such good service.
As far as the third party loan, I was never allowed to view the contract. The salesman made a vague comment that there was some form of penalty or fee. Without knowing what it might cost to get out of the loan I had to pass. Not that having this dealer have his commission clawed back causes me much trouble.
Just before I sat to write this update I checked my phone and had a message from a different sales man at the same dealer to let me know that a Maverick had arrived , described my Maverick and let me know they were offering it for around $40K.
I spent what time I had yesterday calling Ford and creating a detailed BBB complaint.
in hindsight might have been the best route to agree to it and then to review the loan sheet and the termination terms to see what the term fees were - could have been something mundane like a couple hundred bucks - it would have been unfortuante to have to play their game but if the out was a small amount then like everyone else said just make a couple payments and then refinance. I don't know how a loan contract would not let you sell the vehicle the next month and close out the loan, it wouldn't make any sense that there'd be some exorbitant 'get out' fee but I guess we'll never know. What a pain - I am sure beyond being angry you are highly disappointed, they probably called you just to rattle your cage even more, what a dispicable bunch....

SIZEMATTERS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 Viper Z06 Ford GT Bronco
Without reading all the posts, you should have purchased with their preferred financing, and paid the loan off in full shortly thereafter since you stated you could pay cash.

Chuck Norris

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I don’t understand is how a dealer can just up the price of an ordered vehicle $5000, it was a retail order, then use that as a threat if you don’t use they’re financing, I don’t get it. Now e have dealers threatening customers, what a joke, f these dealers!

Sponsored

Olderthandirt

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Traverse,17 F150,13 Camaro, 22 Ridgeline
What I think is the issue with Frankfort Ford's crooked dealing, is the $5K upcharge. They were going to get that whether it was financed through them, or aircooled paid cash. All of the armchair quarterbacking here saying how that aircooled should of handled these sleazebags, is ridiculous.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I think is the issue with Frankfort Ford's crooked dealing, is the $5K upcharge. They were going to get that whether it was financed through them, or aircooled paid cash. All of the armchair quarterbacking here saying how that aircooled should of handled these sleazebags, is ridiculous.
No, if the OP had financed through the dealer then refinanced or paid off the loan they dealer would have lost their kickback from the lending institution they were attempting to use. In order for the dealer to be compensated, the original loan needs to be in place for ~60-90 days...

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I mean, if he didn't want armchair quarterbacking of his situation he probably shouldn't have put it on a message forum for discussion.

Olderthandirt

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Traverse,17 F150,13 Camaro, 22 Ridgeline
Unless they were using a loan shark, there isn't going to be a $5K kickback on any car loan.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.